Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

event cheatong

rolandguyrolandguy Registered Users 10 Posts
Yeah I typoed the topic

Right now the top team has over 790k points in less than 31 hours. If ALL 20 members were playing at the same time 24 hours a day, that's over 1200 points per hour. know this is something admin has looked at many times, but I may have a new angle to bust them.

I know admin keeps some type of statistics for events, but do you keep track of member swaps?

What I think they may be doing is having a group of 5-10 ppl, each with multiple accounts. The account on the team racks up pink points from off team accounts, then quits the team. The off team account then joins the team, and gets the cars back pinking and racking up points.

Rinse and repeat.

Is this checked for? A bit more difficult to do since its not a single IP pinking itself, but I would think the number of team member swaps with the same IP would give it away.

It would probably take some manual labor. But just looking at top 25 teams for a few weeks, and some ban warnings, should clear it up.

Let me know if I'm not clear enough, will be happy to elaborate.
PS sorry if this do I ple posts, the interface is a bit wonky

Thanks,
Roland

Comments

• Options
    Just as a side note to show something is really going on - if the top 20 players in the last 24 hour showdown were all on a team, they would be in 2nd place. They only averaged 960 or so per hour.

Thanks,
    Roland
  • Options
    Bump....seem to have some spammers here....
  • Options
    Fearless RivalFearless Rival Registered Users 158 Posts
    rolandguy wrote: »
    Bump....seem to have some spammers here....
    Spammers have been one of the biggest issues I have with the forums and in my opinion, they are worser then the scamming going on. Do they even IP ban the spam bots? Usually IP banning prevents users from making new accounts. *correct me if I'm wrong.* and it seems like the mods only remove and ban these spam bots when requested. No it shouldn't be when they are requested to do it, it should be an everyday thing. All forum administrator or moderators always keep track of these spam bots and remove the threads they have spam and also bans that user's account. The mods on here, of course they do but they don't IP Ban that user, meaning that person can make another account and continue jacking off to creating even more spammy bull crap.

As far as the points go, I don't understand. Sorry but at least I'm glad you are against these spammers. This crap is giving me aids. This might be a very stupid thing to say but I think the people on here should make me a mod. You don't need to promote me to moderator status but at least please take my advice.
  • Options
    IP banning is a bit useless, plenty of proxies out there. As a former developer and head of security, I know a little....they need an open proxy check, and throttling of posts.

Am guessing game admin don't have any control of putting that on place here tho. Seems to me this is a generic hosted forum. Not their fault, just cost effective.
  • Options
    Fearless RivalFearless Rival Registered Users 158 Posts
    rolandguy wrote: »
    IP banning is a bit useless, plenty of proxies out there. As a former developer and head of security, I know a little....they need an open proxy check, and throttling of posts.

Am guessing game admin don't have any control of putting that on place here tho. Seems to me this is a generic hosted forum. Not their fault, just cost effective.

So are you saying it would cost them too much money to have an open proxy for this site? Guess they should have the spam bots internent provider terminate their access to the internet then. Lol

Also how on earth are these guys still spamming threads early in the morning?
  • Options
    No, I'm saying they probably don't have the server access to implement open proxy checking.
  • Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    We do daily spam sweeps and are currently doing everything in our capability to reduce spam (it annoys us probably more than even the users).

As far as suspected cheating in events we do monitor point totals and the head of our CS himself takes a look when something looks suspicious.
  • Options
    Brken123 wrote: »
    1200 points per hour isn't hard to do. If you used a maxed car, gem repair it when necessary, pink every opponent and win, and trade the car you win in for points, you can easily hit 1200 points in as little as 5 races. Granted - the odds of doing so are high, and the investment in the gems required to do so is off putting, but there's no reason to think people don't do that....

Maybe, but 20 of them? They would fill up an entire lobby all by themselves. With 20 ppl working 24 hours a day, by your math they would need to be crushing cars at a rate of 5 x 20 = 120 cars an hour. That's their team winning a pink every 30 seconds.

Even spread out over 10 lobbies that's a pink every 6 minutes. How many lobbies get that much action? Pretty sure people would stop racing them if they saw them winning cars that often....

And we're just not even talking about the fact that they obviously aren't actually playing 24 hours a day for 3 days.

The math just doesn't work....
  • Options
    Sparkle,

Thanks for replying. I have no doubt that you guys do your best to spot cheating. That being said, knowing what to look for and how can't always be anticipated. It would be entirely understandable if no one thought to look for cheating in this way, or set up logging to find it.

My hope in writing the original post was to offer up a mechanism cheating may occur and possible ways to check it. This may not be the way they are doing it, but they ARE doing something. The math just doesn't work. (See above)

** ARE logs kept of team member changes?
    A quick check of them should show a large number of drops and adds of members, with many duplicates

** Are logs of pinks kept?
    A check through them should show many repeats, with a large number of them being the same users being rotated through the team.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
    Roland
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion! If it's not already in effect, I'll be sure to pass it along.
  • Options
    Thanks phoenix. Another turf, with top team averaging over 850 pts per hour each...

roland
  • Options
    I'm hoping for another winner too if it helps. Ain't no fun if the homies can't...well you know.
  • Options
    Is not even that me or my team can't win anything....I have a job and family, so a few hours a day is best I'm gonna do. Its just that it annoys the everliving #&#@% outta me knowing that they do it.

Prolly because I used to bust those types for a living, I dunno.....

Thanks,
    roland
  • Options
    Well then... We'll look into it. Thanks!
  • Options
    thikprikthikprik Registered Users 22 Posts
    I have friends that have been on top 5 teams. One rule that a couple teams have, is that you have at least 1 secondary account.This secondary account must be stocked with throw away cars, usually campaign cars. they keep those cars tuned for max lobbies. They then have a second team that those secondary accounts are a part of. When they see a team member in a lobby, they run pinks with them and foul or run a bad time to intentionally lose. I too am sick of seeing the same guys on top every single week. But I have also seen people put up enough points without cheating to stay in top 5. Glu will deny this, but they support these many of these top teams too.
  • Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    Roland, it is certainly possible to hit much more than the points per hour you wrote in your original post. Brken123 is exactly right as well. You have to understand that racing in max lobbies gives ~60 points for a D class car and ~130 points per win for an R2 class car. Only 20 races need to be won when the race is worth 60 points and only 9 races won when the race is worth 130 points.

Maximizing Points Principle #1:
    Top teams race mostly in maxed lobbies to maximize the points won on each race.

"Pinks" racing offers much greater points awarded per race IF you are willing to trade in the loser's car rather than keep it. For a maxed D class car, trading in the car (AKA "crushing it") is around 200 points each time. For a maxed R class car (and above), crushing the car can be worth 800 points or more! (Now I only need 2 races per hour to average 1,200 points)

Maximizing Points Principle #2:
    Top teams pink race as often as they can, have many copies of the same car/tune, and crush the loser's car for maximum points per race.

Finally, using gems to fast repair maxed cars is the third concept to understand, and accept that players on top teams will spend $30 or more per WEEK on gems just for this purpose. Maxed cars give you a much smaller number of races, therefore to keep racing that car in max lobbies, you need plenty of gems around to fast repair. I played on a top 25 team and would average 1,500 gems per turf in just repairs and fast installs to improve on tunes. That's not counting the 500 boosts used on average for 3 days of turfing.

Maximizing Points Principle #3:
    You can continue to race in maxed lobbies for maximum points if you buy enough gems to fast repair your cars for as long as you want.

Take the above 3 principles and it's possible to score 4,000 points or more PER HOUR! The most I've seen a player do on my team, in an hour is 15,000 points! When you consider this much larger amount of points per hour is indeed possible by following the above principles, it certainly accounts for how top teams appear to be turfing 24 hours a day. They don't score ONLY 1200 points per hour and turf 24 hours. They score 4,000 or more points per hour and only have to turf 6 to 8 hours a day.

This is indeed a "pay to win" game. If you enjoy the racing when you have time but choose not to pay, then I can see why it seems crazy how the top teams score so many points. I hope the above explanation helps you understand how those that pay to win, score so many points, well above the 1200 per hour you are calculating.
  • Options
    Thanks for the assist, Kai! I'm sure your tips will help a couple players looking to score more during events.
  • Options
    Racer kai - that still doesn't cover the fact that there isn't enough pinks being won in any of the rooms to get the points you're talking about on the high end.

On the low end, were you racing 6-8 hours a day? If you were 25thplace right now, 56 hours in to the current turf, you would need to be playing 3-4 hours a day (currently #25 is about 500pts per hour).

That means at least 25*20 = 500 ppl at MINIMUM are doing 3-4 hours a day by your math, with all teams running only 500pts per hour per person. I've played lot of games, and this one ain't exactly WOW. 500 ppl spending that much time is a bit of a stretch.

Which gives another check admin can do....are the top teams spending the most real cash? If they are, then can ignore anything I've said. I get that the game exists to make money, I don't have a problem with that.

If they aren't, then you have a problem

Thanks,
    roland
  • Options
    They most definitely play to win.