Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Whats going on with the price of gem cars, the price has droped over %50 in 2 weeks.

Dankness420Dankness420 Registered Users 266 Posts
Just a month ago I could sell a stock furari for 18m, now a hulked furari maxed wont sell for 14m.

People are saying money is hard to come by but I know several people with 100m + still, seems to me like people are just acting like their broke trying to get cheap gem cars. Also people are hording money for example some guy I know has 250m.

I think if CIE lowered the price of a mill to $20, and made a deal 5m for $50 the economy in the game would pick up, it never made sense $99 for a mill that's outrageous when you can buy a 600 gem car and sell it for at least 3m for $20.

Please post you opinions on this issue.

Comments

• Options
    mikey pittzmikey pittz Registered Users 391 Posts
    Money is what makes both the RR world and CIE turn round and round. When CIE collected billions of RRC from the combined community it left a lot of people broke. But in a way, I thank them. The buying and selling economy was so F'd up! People would spend their hard working money on gems to purchase cars, paint, rims, and kits only for it to be sold for a crazy amount of money. Unfortunately, those who sold cars for the crazy amounts of cash lost all the money with the mass wipeout. So they were a loss-loss factor.

Money is hard to come by, especially when it is sold @ $99.99 USD for $1,000,000 RRC. It makes the rarity of the stella so much more valuable than a furai! However, it isnt the case technically. I do agree with you that the cost for RRC is pretty high and could be lowered substantially, however, they may be doing well in that department and some crazy people are purchasing it.

The easiest way to earn fast money is to simply race, and race a lot.
  • Options
    roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    turfs... people are crushing cars for points, so $$ is going on the crusher and never coming back...

Since there is less money, price of gem cars are going down...
  • Options
    Goldtop1955Goldtop1955 Registered Users 556 Posts
    after having a bankroll of 13.4 bil... A few million seems rather insignificant.
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    13.4.....BILLION?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!
  • Options
    ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    You mean 13,400,000,000??!?!?!?!??!?!!??!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    VENOM650RVENOM650R Registered Users 3,319 Posts
    Correction .. SOME ppl get effected by the RRC crisis .. now lets not talk about legit or non legit players .. What happened here that for for the ppl who lost thier money it's hardly enough to resell the cars in the old prices as the one's that still holding thier cash claiming that they lost it will not buy it (use it as an excuse) .. They can even sell in lower price as they pay top $ for it in the first place .. E.X. I bought couple of M3 for 8mil and used to sell them for 12mil .. Now I can't event get higher than 2-3mil each .. So I rather keep them (even when they R useless in my garage) .. Now I hate cheaters and am sure what CIE team did was the best for the game future and RR community .. But that effect our market to .. So I think the best way is to accept the change .. And lower our prices .. That IF wana still be traders
  • Options
    NJFINESTNJFINEST Registered Users 252 Posts
    They need to lower cash prices if they want the game to continue $100 for 1 mill is alil much. It should be more like $5-$10 for 1 mill. People spend 1-3 mill maybe more each turf. So if they lowered the prices to buy mills they would make more money since thats wat they worry about