Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Laziness of Racing Rival's Staff

sk7elad1sk7elad1 Registered Users 4 Posts
As a player of this **** game, I will express my opinion. I do apologize for the amount of criticism and profanity I'm about to release.

First of all, let me list out the problems wrong with this game.

1. Bugs
2. Shutting down their application on Facebook, because it can be "hacked" and "exploited", I've seen people hack this game on phone/table, and gain more than A MILLION RC. It's not because it's easy to hack, you're to lazy to fix it.
3. Everyday, people are getting hacked, and you advise them to send "tickets" which in the future will never be seen because AS SAID... CIE IS LAZY. Nothing happens to an individual when he/she is scammed, when they try to spread the message and accidentally spam on the forum, guess what!! they are permanently banned. There is no justice.
4. It'd be normal for a game to fix a glitch, then the glitch pops up 1 more time then they fix it. Not in racing rivals! A glitch pops up, they say it'll be fixed, and it comes back a month later, this crap needs to stop. People have been putting money into this game, ( And whats up with the arbitrary amount of money you have to waste on "gems" and rrc? ). This is what you can call a "freemium game" It gives u minimum enjoyment for a time, until you realize that you are wasting your time, it's too late. Also, you give us gems and apologies for the inconvenience, you dont have to do that if you did a sturdy job at fixing WHATEVER you have to do in the first place!!
5. Isnt it time to have different sounds for the different cars? Add some cars, and stop re-wrapping the same old cars, getting quite redundant hmm?
6. When someone is reported and that person who is reporting has no proof whatsoever, CIE is too lazy to ask for proof and actually get down to the bottom of the situation, so they punish the person who is wrongly reported. PROOF: I had a friend once who said he pinksed a guy, and he won the car, only to find out the same person reported him, and 50% of his cars were gone, he was left with 2. Like seriously what the fu**??
7. Continuing the glitch, there also seems to be alot of exploiters, EVEN AFTER RR ON FACEBOOK WAS CLOSED, I've seen a bunch of them 0.01, with honda civics.

I guess i'm going to get banned for expressing my own opinions now, since I got PERMABANNED (not warned or infracted for misbehaviour/spam, because spammers are a big risk to the community and not hackers and scammers XD! *inside sarcasm)*, for spamming saying a scammer named RIUSU scammed me

I doubt this game will last another year, because after Facebook closed down, you lost a whole chunk there pal.
If you, people of RR community want to say something and feel that I am wrong, say it, but If you have a problem with what I'm saying, you're obviously blind lol.
I rather play drag racing, than this.
IMO (no offense but really) the whole game is just a trap of scammers, and reality is that you cant trust anyone, not even racing rivals staff, because they dont do anything.

Comments

• Options
    Racer KaiRacer Kai Registered Users 136 Posts
    Your frustrations with the game are shared by many, including myself. I made the conscious decision to stop spending money on this game for some of the reasons you listed above (the never-ending hacking which results in others stealing my money and cars primarily) and sell what I could to recoup some of my costs. I suggest you do the same and here's why...

RR is no longer owned by a company whose focus is solely on this game. Glu Mobile has at least 10 games contributing to their quarterly revenue and as we've learned through this forum about Glu Customer Service, there aren't dedicated RR support staff either. In 2014, RR was only 8% of Glu Mobile's annual revenue--Kim Kardashian and Deer Hunter together comprised 50% of the revenue. RR is also the ONLY game by Glu (that I'm aware of) where people play directly against each other and can risk losing their virtual goods to the other player). Here's why all this is important to know.

With such a small percentage of revenue coming from RR, Glu is only doing the minimum to keep the game alive and to maximize its profit margin from the game. It's perfectly clear their strategy is to lure you into buying gems: boost, crates, S and R class turf events regularly, and gem cars for turf events. This shouldn't be a surprise because they didn't write the game to not make any money off you. With so little revenue coming from the game, there also isn't a focus on fanatical customer service--a 10 day average response time is inexcusable for any company. But that too is a reflection of Glu's investment in RR. Finally, because this game puts you against me, it creates a game platform that Glu has demonstrated, is beyond their ability (and desire to invest in) to ensure fair play. I guarantee you that maintaining the FB RR app itself and the additional ticket volume it created as a result, was more costly than the alternative of trying to make it a safer FB app. Glu wants you to spend money on gems to then buy crates and cars, but once that transaction has finished, all responsibility is in our own hands to keep our cars and RRC safe (it's stated in their terms and conditions and repeated here on a daily basis). And that just isn't possible because we have no protection from people using modded APK's (hacked game versions like the one causing the spin glitch) or FB account hacking to remove your cars and RRC. That responsibility should be with the game developer, but T&C's and legal-eez is how Glu has tried to remove themselves from being responsible.

Look, no one should trust any mobile app to protect your money, account access, or from others. We just don't want to accept that realization at this time. We all say, "this is just a game, stop cheating", but it's tied to real money, THERE IS A REAL WORLD SECONDARY MARKET FOR THESE VIRTUAL GOODS, and that attracts thief's. If you put any money into this game, your money is at risk of being lost. Each of us has to decide how much of our own money we are willing to risk being taken by unfair game play (because it will happen). I've played the game over a year, have seen update after update designed to increase our in-game purchases, but also have NO EFFECT on a hacker's ability to find more exploits in the game nor any improvement in Glu's ability or desire to quickly address and resolve the exploit.

I say move on with your life. 8% of revenue just isn't going to get any better, and neither will the state we are in with this game any longer.
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    We're sincerely sorry that you feel this way... While most all of your assumptions are absolutely incorrect, this is not the place to this is not the place to be discussing this. Thank you for your passion for the game!
  • Options
    sk7elad1sk7elad1 Registered Users 4 Posts
    [QUOTE=[RR] PhoenixX;n5017413]We're sincerely sorry that you feel this way... While most all of your assumptions are absolutely incorrect, this is not the place to this is not the place to be discussing this. Thank you for your passion for the game![/QUOTE]
    Assumptions, my assumptions about the problem of this game are the same problems that people are complaining about, my friends complain about it, and people who I have raced complain about it in Rivals. And please, don't thank me.
  • Options
    [RR] PhoenixX[RR] PhoenixX Moderators 1,575 Posts
    Once again, we appreciate your feedback. If you have questions regarding those complaints, you can contact support.