Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Turf events info

roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
For a second week in a row, some players gave me the info about the events in turf war, before it started.

Do you advertise it somewhere?

Or some players have privileged information?

Comments

• uneekstructureuneekstructure Registered Users 572 Posts
    Very Good Question... I Would Like To Hear The Answer To This One... Neep Neep!
  • KajnifingerKajnifinger Registered Users 44 Posts
    Yes me to!!
  • Mud DiggerMud Digger Registered Users 1,928 Posts
    I was just thinking about this, I pictured some female worker of there's tipping off her man.. And then it just spreads..
  • [RR] Foxx[RR] Foxx Moderators 2,164 Posts
    and youre saying they knew what was coming ahead of time and it was 100% accurate?
  • roestreyevroestreyev Registered Users 1,443 Posts
    100% accurate both times. And it wasn't the same player. This week the girl was surprised I didn't know. She told me 4 players told her the same thing...
    Interesting, this should be happening. I will look into it
    just got info about 3 of 4 events... Can't wait to see if it's right again...
    and prize car would be Z4 if the info is right...
    and the info was 100% accurate again...
    working on it
  • UP IN SMOKEUP IN SMOKE Registered Users 41 Posts
    That's how top 25 sticks. I've been on crews that knew 3 days in advance. Spent mils building for it
  • red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    SUBSCRIBED........ Like to see a answer better than working on it. What's fair for some is fair for all.
    I think the info should be given to everyone, to be fair...
    The reason we hide the legs is to allow everyone a fair chance once TW starts, if we tell everyone before hand those top 25 teams would just make sure to have everything ready and set up before the TW started and we would have the above mentioned problem (top 25 owning). As for some users being able to see the TW events before it starts, we are patching that hole to prevent that. Cheaters will always cheat.
  • IVIacGyverIVIacGyver Registered Users 79 Posts
    This is actually pretty awesome, It's a battle bettween players and devs...The players find loop wholes and the devs patch them, yes it's frustrating but CIE has proven to do everything they can to fix the game and make it better. This is by far the best racing game in the app store right now. Yes this game has it's flaws but CIE has proven that they listen to us and help us when there's a problem, just have to be patient.
  • red fuelred fuel Registered Users 155 Posts
    Yes every week more n more ppl are finding out.
    I wonder if it would not help small players, to tell what is coming up.

Players with 500 cars in their garage are ready, no matter what the event will be...
  • Pack N PetePack N Pete Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 163 Posts
    I'd like to know this too. We are a top 25 team and have only heard rumors of certain events and couldnt go 100% by what we heard. I do think if a team knows the events in advance they could have an edge. however, I dont think if you dont know it doesnt mean you cant get top 25, we've done it many times.
  • Weak SósWeak Sós Registered Users 6 Posts
    I guess it all boils down to how active each player is, but then again, there's an issue of how active is an active player that doesn't have inside info vs how active is an active player that has inside info and has began preparing for each event from the day the last turf wars ended. Logically, I would think teams have subs lined up also that have this info and use a rotation and just build up points if that's possible. Kudos to you if you are in the rankings amongst these type of teams without this info at your dispersal. It probably doesn't reflect the real rating of your team though as I'd think your rating should be higher without this handicap, and therefore you are being robbed in a sense, which really means that there are probably teams that don't make the top 25 and really should be there. It's like how athletes win medals while taking steroids- they prevent and rob the others from getting the rankings that they deserve. Maybe some of these teams that have the info don't rank high- who knows. But it definitely puts those that do have this knowledge at an advantage and those that have advantages, I'm certain- in some way or another are preventing teams from ranking as high as they really should. No matter how crappy the player may be, if he's got subs that are better, he can just give that guy his specific cars for that event. That's what sucks, they have the ability to sub in other players who will be just as prepared on top of being more skilled than the player he subs in for. And who knows, what if the player that gets subbed, goes into a fake team and comes back into tw? I know he can't friend himself into a lobby, but any other team he plays against he can do what he can to beat them and if by chance he runs into a teammate on his real team he can just pad up the points by purposely losing, although the points get lower per rematch, they're still points. Is this too conspiracy theory-ish? Probably. Ok I'm done.
  • o0OMorrisO0oo0OMorrisO0o Registered Users 39 Posts
    just tell us 1 day ahead of time and be done with it. People talking about things not being fair? why? why is it unfare if everyone knows the events a day ahead of time? you either have the money to upgrade or not. By not telling people ahead of time you are actually putting the noobs at a big time disadvantage because they need to know what cars to get or collect. I am sure noobs have at least 1 money making/pink slip getting car. they would have a day to try and secure an eligable car. The whole surprise factor I just think is a bit of a rip...

It does not take long to properly tune a car. If your so afraid that the top players with lots of cash and gems will be ready, why wouldnt they be ready as it currently stands. it takes very little time and half of these players would already have an eligable car already tuned anyways. Do you not see the "LOL" in this?

Say I am a top player with like millions in cash and tons of gems. Turf wars just opens and I see what car I need. I either would already have it and it be tuned, or I just get it and tune it up anyway spending at most 30-45min. Big freaking deal...lol

Best scenerio. Tell everyone what the next turf war will be. Its the best way to make it fare for everyone!!!
    We are working on closing the hole that lets people see TW data, but it has brought up the conversation of showing everyone or no one, so know that we are still actively looking and deciding which option is best.
  • Gh0st PepperGh0st Pepper Registered Users 105 Posts
    If everyone knew ahead of time it would be more compettitive for the top 25 spots cause every team would be ready to give it their best.
  • CRXBOICRXBOI Registered Users 491 Posts
    This is the exact reason why our team "RPM" quit turf.
    will be fixed with the update that went out to apple today
    We're still getting the info ahead of time. FYI...
  • deezy24deezy24 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I thought people knew the upcoming events cuz of info on Facebook?? I know of a few people when I was turfing who knew a day or two before event started each week. Thought it was available to all through certain social websites. I don't have a FB but just thought it was out there. Either that or there is a leak on the CIE side leaking info to players.
    you'd think that. People that continue to do that are in for a surprise.
  • DisoooogyDisoooogy Registered Users 6 Posts
    Always high ranked teams knows this i dont know how