Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

The Ford GT

jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
Such a beautiful add on to the showroom... Only one thing... It would be nice if it could be a car that everyone is capable of buying without spending real money on the game! I know its how CIE works but really??? cmon put a car in there that we can actually buy for once!!!

Comments

• JohnnyG-123JohnnyG-123 Registered Users 112 Posts
    It's an in between car like the Pagani. Not fast enough for the zr1's or the viper gts. But faster than the new camaro ss and the srt10.
  • jjbinx808jjbinx808 Registered Users 3,489 Posts
    Ya I know its a good car. I like it just wish I could get it.
  • Quack BackQuack Back Registered Users 1 Posts
    Agreed!!! Without spending real money which I have NO intentions of doing so, it would take me forever to save up 600 gems!!!
  • LareinajoyLareinajoy Registered Users 118 Posts
    This is their only way to earn money since this game for free. Maybe they will add cash car like the ford svt before.
    Ya I know but I would like it if they put some decent cars for actual cash instead of gems. The best cars are for only gems. Or what they could do is put a gem and a cash price.
  • Josh3235Josh3235 Registered Users 122 Posts
    jjbinx808 wrote: »
    Ya I know but I would like it if they put some decent cars for actual cash instead of gems. The best cars are for only gems. Or what they could do is put a gem and a cash price.
    They figured out they could make more money with gem cars than cash cars. The cobra didn't make them much, so now they're doing new S class cars that cost gems. Don't expect them to come out with affordable cars to make their customers happy, they're not only trying to make money, but they're trying to rip us off, it's what they've been trying to do since the game came out.
  • V8-DTMpowerV8-DTMpower Registered Users 128 Posts
    Licenses to use cars in games don't come free, the game is free so how else do they make money? It's their job at the end of the day. I want the Ramintra but I don't think it's worth the amount it is so I go without and stick with the Stella, I love Porsches it's a shame EA has to play it like big girls and not allow anyone to use Porsches in game, that's why you always see RUFs or in this case RWBs as Porsches in racing games.
  • V8-DTMpowerV8-DTMpower Registered Users 128 Posts
    Look at both sides lol, you're all only looking at it from your side worrying about money
    Actually I'm not like I said I understand and respect that they need to make money. I have no problem with that being the case that to just keep the game running it takes a lot of time, money and effort. All I am saying is that if you gonna put a gem car in fine. But they should put maybe 2 A or B class gem cars and a S or R class car that is actually attainable. I ain't saying stop gem cars all together just add a little more cars that we can buy too
  • NoscustomNoscustom Registered Users 5 Posts
    Anyone want to buy my ford gt