Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Not to be rude.. but why not hire more people?

RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
Well the current response time for tickets is 12-14 days.. That is quite a bit considering alot of things are going on in the game.. I missed the 50 percent off sale on the Agera because of this.. And I'm not just speaking for myself I'm speaking for all of us in the rr community. Even the scammers and what not. We all spend alot of money on this game. Think of it this way. I was gonna spend anywhere between 20-45 bucks on buying Ageras, but I lost my account. Now multiply that by ALL the people who are literally BEGGING for their accounts back.. Do you guys know the amount of money you could be making? Not to mention the discount cars and ALLL the boosts us who turf buy every week. Plus another 1000 gems to quick repair cars. Andddd another 500-1500 buying eligible cars if we don't have them. But it's not even about the money for us. It's more about us just enjoying the gameplay ya know? The game was made for us to play yet we're being restricted to do so by the very people who WANT us to play. And I mean no disrespect by saying any of this because I know you all work very hard to make this game better for us but how are we supposed to enjoy it when we can't even play? All we're asking is for extra devs.. And please don't respond with the generic answers.. Because This took me a long time to write lol. Thanks again guys!

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Hiring more people may seem like a simple answer, but it's really not. Of course, we could get the queue manageable by hiring 30 more people. Do we have the room? No. The equipment? No. Do we realistically have the budget? No. Salaries, benefits, insurance, facility management of adding more people... it all adds up.

What happens when we do have the queue manageable? At that point we won't need that many people, so we'll have to let most of them go. Then there are 20 - 30 people that now don't have jobs.

We could go with hiring temps, but we would have to limit these people with what they can do. Service may be faster, but quality will probably suffer.

So yeah, it's not just a simple "just hire more people!" solution. Don't like waiting a day for your cable guy to get there? They should hire more cable guys. Don't like long lines at the bank? More tellers! There is a lot that happens when you hire an employee.

That being said, we are working on adding additional reps, but it takes time.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    Very true haha. Never thought of it that way. Thanks for an actual answer lol. That's all I wanted to know. "Thanks for the feedback!" LOL jk but seriously, Thanks haha
  • Options
    ErickNMErickNM Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 115 Posts
    edited August 2015
    Hmmm. How many millions of people play this game and spend money? I think you probably do have the money, but maybe not using it efficiently? Now, I'm talking Glu, since they have a lot more games. Is racing rivals its own company? Or, how does that work? I'm sure Glu has the money.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Well one thing to consider... we pretty much don't have space in the office right now. So a big cost would be to move into a new facility to accommodate.

Glu consists of multiple studios. The studio that runs Rivals also has it's own CS department but we do also use resources provided by Glu... even then, to get to where we would like to be we would need a substantial amount of new reps. Also do not mistake # of players to how much a free game actually makes. The majority of Glu games are free to play so the number of people playing doesn't mean we make money off all those players. There are also a lot of costs behind everything. When you buy a car in Racing Rivals, we have royalty agreements with the car manufacturer, so it also costs us a bit. Everything is not profit. Why don't we give out cars anymore? Mostly to do with royalties, car companies make money off these cars, so if we give out cars, they still want to get paid. With the number of accounts out there ow, doing that would cost us too much.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Well at least we know we won't get anymore cars as compensation for issues with the game.
  • Options
    NRLQNRLQ Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 28 Posts
    I would rather you exported all the support to India and get a decent response time and bad english than getting no help at all.
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited August 2015
    Null