Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

2 Accounts

jap44jap44 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 13 Posts
Something needs to be done about players having the same picture and name on 2 different accounts. They are doing this so they can scam people out of their cars. They change an O with a 0 in the name and then pink you. You Have No Idea that they switched accounts because the name looks the same and it's the same picture. You look at the tq of one car and they switched account to a car that's the same color with twice the tq. These people need to get ban from the game. R.R. needs to start setting examples of these people so others will stop doing this as well. If the word gets out that you are ban if you do this and you will lose all your cars. They will delete one account and put All their cars in one garage. This is the only way to make the game equal and do away with All Scammers.

Comments

• Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    Good luck
  • Options
    miraclemmiraclem Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 9 Posts
    I lost my Pandora that way, is there anyway to get it back?
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    No racer can have the same name, and it's not against any rules to have similar names. We also are unable to control avatars like that. You can report inappropriate avatars, but there again, are no rules against using the same pic as someone.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    i had a situation like this happen last night, i think it was a guy who had 2 accounts, racing and beating him then he sent me a request to pink so i took it and lost big time, went to look at my recent races and there it was 2 almost identical names side by side, the only difference is he put 2 spaces between his names instead of 1 on the other account. but both cars were identical, paint wheels, everything, just different ratings. i chalked it up to a lesson learned, sux, but it is what it is.
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    @Brken123 i greatly appreciate that.. never been a sore loser, just life lessons.. i appreciate it. i did get my message from you in my inbox thanks.
  • Options
    Brken123 you are one of those people that like to scam other people. You just can't go in and race a straight up race with a car of the same rating. You feel the need to scam people out of their cars.
  • Options
    null
    RR rules clearly state that you can not have multiple accounts. These people have made multiple accounts by changing the O to 0 other spacing the name with 2 spaces instead of 1. Something needs to be done about this. That is a clear violation of RR rules.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I'll vouch that Brken123 is nothing but helpful in this community. I've never seen nor heard of him doing or saying anything otherwise.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    jap44 said:

Something needs to be done about players having the same picture and name on 2 different accounts. They are doing this so they can scam people out of their cars. They change an O with a 0 in the name and then pink you. You Have No Idea that they switched accounts because the name looks the same and it's the same picture. You look at the tq of one car and they switched account to a car that's the same color with twice the tq. These people need to get ban from the game. R.R. needs to start setting examples of these people so others will stop doing this as well. If the word gets out that you are ban if you do this and you will lose all your cars. They will delete one account and put All their cars in one garage. This is the only way to make the game equal and do away with All Scammers.

Simple fix, Don't pink in the public 9miltiplayer) lobby. Save it for the turfs, much less headaches with weak players
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    I lost my stock hh ford gtr with red and yellow wwe rims on it with a stock ford gtr mine had weight reductions knew I could beat him then he switched accounts I pinksed him not knowing I would loose and I lost. FIX NOW
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Brken aint no scammer- don't worry about that- he's legit as me. Don't go making accusations you can't back up- it's childish and can hurt good guys rep.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    BRKEN123 is no scammer, i came on here to point out a similar issue i had, but at no time did i whine or bitvh about losing it, just simply stated i was chalking it up to a life lesson, and it is what it is. he offered to replace my car or to offer something comparable.. i declined the offer, knowing that this is only a game and i didnt need someone replacing that i openly lost, even though it was a scam. i was the one to blame for not paying closer attention. its my fault.
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    Well written Brken. The easiest thing to do is to point fingers, complain, and criticize other people. I lost a Z28 a year ago to a guy who switched out identical Evo VIII's, it made me a better player and showed me what to look out for.
    Jap44 is way out of line and sounds like someone who just lost a car.
  • Options
    shawn geeshawn gee Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 6 Posts
    It's an idea but its not going work with scammers
  • Options
    First off the rules clearly state you can not have 2 accounts or you can be banned from the game. Secondly you came on my post running at the mouth. I did not ask for your opinion nor did I welcome it. My post was for Clu to fix a problem. By the way if you don't play and are not a scammer then why are you on here trying to help people? There are several people on here o help people out of their cars. If you don't like what I had or have to say, then stay off my post.
  • Options
    Brken123 I apologize that I offended you. I am just extremely upset. When someone has 2 accounts with the same picture and spelling other than changing an O with a 0 or adding a space were there is already a space. Something so small that the eye doesn't catch it just to scam people. I just like you pay very close attention now. I just feel if you catch people doing this they should be ban. I will copy and paste what the rules state later.

Just so you know I was also raised to help others and to give respect to be respected. Thanks Again and I hope You have a Good Night.
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    @Brken123 nice essay bro, I honestly ain't reading that lol. I'll just assume it was great and give you an "agree". But damn you must've loved English class.
  • Options
    Brken123 said:

@jap44 I wasn't going to comment on your shot at me, but based on your last post, let me educate you. The rules state you can't have two accounts with the SAME name. Accounts with names that are similar, however, you can have as many as you want.

As for me being a scammer...please tell me you aren't serious? Look around on the forums...i'm one of the most helpful people around here. I've actually retired from the game, but stick around here for no other purpose but to help people. Ask the guy that I responded to...i offered to replace the car he lost, no strings attached or questions asked. Bear in mind I have no idea who he lost the car to originally. I was, on my own volition, reaching out and trying to do something nice for him BECAUSE of the fact that he didn't come here and whine, complain, bitch out GLU, or anything else. He shared his experience in the hopes that it would help someone else. That's it. I have a lot of respect for people that do stuff like that, which is why I offered to replace his car. Good things happen to good people.

Now, that said, i'd highly suggest that you mind your tone, and actually have evidence of something before you label someone or call them a scammer. Accusations without proof is called slander and defamation of character, which can have legal repercussions should it come to it. Rather than go that route, i trust that you'll realize you were wrong in calling me a scammer, and that you are sorry for doing so.

Keep on keeping on.

• Options
    Brken123 lost my almost maxed pandora this way, any way you could help me out?
  • Options
    Fair enough
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    Birken, perhaps you could help me, I keep hearing about being "glitched", I know when the game itself glitches, but there are many racers complaining about being glitched by another player. "this guy spin glitched me", "that guy is a glitcher". There is no way another person can affect your race is there?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    I can answer if that's ok. People can hack the game using various tools. The spin glitch is one of them. You car will redline throughout the entire rpm range. The only way to fight it is launch at idle and on the green light.
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    Brken123 said:

jap44 said:

First off the rules clearly state you can not have 2 accounts or you can be banned from the game. Secondly you came on my post running at the mouth. I did not ask for your opinion nor did I welcome it. My post was for Clu to fix a problem. By the way if you don't play and are not a scammer then why are you on here trying to help people? There are several people on here o help people out of their cars. If you don't like what I had or have to say, then stay off my post.

Please - show me specifically where in the rules it states a user can not have more than one account.

"If I don't play and I'm not a scammer, why am I here to help people?" You can't be serious with that question. In the event that you are actually serious, let me indulge you. I'm here to help people BECAUSE of the scamming, greed, and other things that go on in the game. When I first started playing this game a little over a year ago, I would have appreciated it very much had someone "taken me under their wing" and shown me the ropes of the game. Those ropes include setting up cars properly, the lobby ratings, what turf wars is all about and how to be "good" at it, how to farm and build cash in your main account, how to conduct trades and protect yourself from being ripped off, etc.

I know, I know....damn me to hell for actually wanting to help people. It's such a taboo thing in today's day and age....someone wanting to help someone else out and expecting nothing in return. I'm sure it's next to impossible for you to believe that I'm a good person who actually enjoys helping people, and takes pride in the fact that he is able to pass on what he has learned and watch that knowledge benefit another individual. My interest / basis for doing that is for no other purpose than to help others gain enjoyment from playing the game. You know, the enjoyment that comes from knowing how to spot a scammer and avoiding his/her actions, being competitive in the game, etc.

If you are still having trouble understanding my motives, let me try explaining it this way. I was raised to treat others how I "hope" they will treat me. Some refer to it as the "golden rule". That said, I go out of my way to do nice things for people. Sometimes it's simply because I just enjoy being nice and helping people. Sometimes it's because I'm hoping karma will see my actions, and possibly bring something good back to me (IE a friend helping me in a time of need). That's it. It's not for monetary gain, and it damn sure isn't so that I, using your words, can "help people out of their cars".

I really hope you can comprehend my answer. If you can't, I feel nothing but empathy for you, and hope that one day you may be able to understand what it is to either do something nice for someone, or have someone do something nice for you for no other reason than the simple sake of doing so. Who knows - once you experience it, you may even be enticed to try being the same way, if even only for a moment.

Keep on keeping on, and good luck in the game. Despite how you've treated me so far, I'd be happy to help you with anything you might need - be it tuning strategies, understanding of lobby ratings, etc.

Lastly, I had no problem with anything that you said, until you attacked me specifically. I take offense when someone who has no idea who I am or what I am about makes a false accusation about me. I'm sure you can understand that, and I'm sure if someone came on here and called you a name, you'd take offense and respond to that individual. Anyone with an ounce of self respect would do the same. One thing I'd like to bring to your attention in case you haven't noticed - Have you noticed how I haven't called you any names, and have treated you, through my responses, with civility and respect? Think back to what I said - treat others as you would hope they'd treat you. Might be worth your while to give it a try sometime. Take care.
    Wow