Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

CIE in a nutshell...

JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
They'd rather close a game than fix it. Most useless game developers ever.

BringBackNitto&RacingRivalsFacebook

Comments

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    ^^ 1000%, Since the FB app died, I can't race anymore. Same wifi, same distance away and my tablet won't connect 90% of the time to even get into a lobby. Never failed to connect with my F'ing old computer. I honestly think my old, beat up broke, useless, POS laptop, is better than the whole CIE/GLU staff combined. At least it has never let me down, or punished me for the sins of the cheaters, glitchers and hackers. BTW you realize they are still in the game right, they just went back to their prefered Alt method of playing. F you GLU. you lost a lot of revenue this weekend, I know of 10 whales, that have quit and gave me cars, because they won't go back to mobiles. Good luck in the future, I can't play so i won't be coining, you screwed up seriously

They can't handle the BS bot threads, we should have known they couldn't handle actually working for a living
  • Options
    Kentuckys FinestKentuckys Finest Registered Users 3 Posts
    Amen James, I have a nice phone, but i'll be dam if im gonna play on it when I have a built quad core gaming pc sitting here on the desk with a 27 in monitor. I did however go into the dodge challenge for turf to throw some points up for the team....worst time ive had on this game so far, dam thing sit there forever, takes to long to send races, get out of screens, got booted 6 times, still had the f'n invalid race tie bs hit me....twice...and overall lag was so bad it wasnt even worth sitting here trying to screw with it.Downloaded an android emulator and installed the app, that was a bigger joke than playing on the phone. At least we do know what we are talking about when we talk crap against cie, we have been there and done that.
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if RR is down by this time next year. They released it in 2013, so it's already been 2 years.

Didn't even know there were any RR bots, and I'm in RR hack groups on Facebook... I've also never had any problems/run-in's with botters or hackers.

I doubt I'll be playing RR again since my iPod Touch is too outdated, and on my Galaxy S2 it worked once, and now it keeps crashing on start up (I've reinstalled it a numerous amount of times...) I think it's because I installed an OS update and now it has more processes running filling up the RAM and there is nothing I can do about it. -.- I've regretted installing that update ever since I done it. But mobile gaming is for faggots anyway.

The good thing about RR Facebook, it gave me something to do on the PC, almost a Nitto replacement... Almost.

c1ecbfb544.jpg
  • Options
    *Elite!**Elite!* Registered Users 5 Posts
    Nitto was the shit :( so many memories and so many cunts like you James :D<3
  • Options
    shackattack21shackattack21 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 5 Posts
    Nitto 1320 legends = Awesome online racing game
    Racing RAVILS = 1.very gay name like come on its 2015 really????
    2.upgrades ok well unlike 1320 lets just call them 123 or ABC yeah thts GREAT no greddy no actual names for any parts lmao
    3. Since when does under glow makes a car lighter?
    4. Let's go to the UCL and buy a car o wait THERE'S NOT ONE! But wait NITTO 1320 had one
    5. Hey guys lets make a private racing room for the team waaaiiit tht not in RR either dang 1320 had them
    6. Well what else lets go in a room and find a mod crap you can't do tht either which means you can't vote for your favor ppl to be mods either
    7. Let's go in a room and watch our friends race ha thts a joke cause you would be wait ten hrs for tht or miss it because so sends you a race
    8. Hey guys wht about a bracket race no h2h dang racing RAVILS can't do tht either
    9. Wait we can do one thing keep hoping they will realize this game will never be anywhere near as good as NITTO 1320 LEGENDS
    10. This game is 0% legit but hope y'all stay 1320% LEGIT
  • Options
    ParamoreParamore Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 10 Posts
    JamesG: our designated forum troll. Go get em, boss.
  • Options
    Yeaaa boiiii
  • Options

I believe the fb was closed because of hacks/glitches ironically the hacks/glitches seem to be a lot more prelevant ...I know they are working to fix the issues .. Constant up hill battle

You keep telling yourself that...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Bruh, you don't know this studio and it's bosses if you believe that they're actually going to fix the hacks and glitches in the game lol.

The game is already two years old, they could just leave it alone and just keep releasing content as a distraction to make money for another year before everybody gets tired of it and leaves, by then they'd be working on a new project to make dough.

They don't give a shit about the game, they could fix it and make it last longer, but they'd rather have the quick $.
  • Options
    K1TTENSK1TTENS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,066 Posts
    I want rr on fb again it was more fun
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    >:)
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    I am a bit new why do we want nitto back who is that?
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited August 2015
    Nitto is a tire company, they used to sponsor the Nitto 1320 Challenge flash game to promote their then-new 1320 drag radial. It had a hand full of cars and fairly basic upgrade system, but it was made by real-life drag enthusiasts for real-life drag enthusiasts (the most unlikely car it had was the NSX) with bracket racing and heads-up, featuring a betting system with cash and pinks. It then evolved into Nitto 1320 Legends, a huge re-imagining of the concept with greater in-game community support, a fleshed-out 'career' of sorts, and advanced tuning that Racing Rivals resembles on the surface.

We don't want Nitto back as a company, they are still there making money hand over fist off of Racing Rivals. We just want back the older games that were driven by desire to give the enthusiast community something great while fostering positive brand image, without exploiting all of the worst aspects of modern mobile gaming for all that it's worth. I mean, RR could be way way worse. But it could also just as easily be exponentially better.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    edited August 2015

photo 50-Cents-Shake-My-Head-Reaction-Gif_zps4127b436.gif

• Options
    ParamoreParamore Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 10 Posts

Smack yourself. Nitto was only the best pay to win race game ever created.