Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

BRING THE CARS BACK!!!!!!!!!! READ THIS GLU

andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
edited August 2015 in Talk About Racing Rivals
Recently Racing rivals is taking a lot of cars out of the showroom here is the cars:

2010 Ford Mustang GT

2010 Chevy Camaro SS

2007 Chevy Corvette

Buick Grand National

2005 Subaru WRX STI*

If you can RR team or GLU bring those cars back to life in the game. If you have something to say then say it below please bring the cars back to life GLU and RR team

*why the wrx sti 2005 that car I was saving to get one and now the car is removed!!!!! that is a gem car

Comments

• Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts

Recently Racing rivals is taking a lot of cars out of the showroom here is the cars:

2010 Ford Mustang GT

2010 Chevy Camaro SS

2007 Chevy Corvette

Buick Grand

2005 Subaru WRX STI*

If you can RR team or GLU bring those cars back to life in the game. If you have something to say then say it below please bring the cars back to life GLU and RR team

*why the wrx sti 2005 that car I was saving to get one and now the car is removed!!!!! that is a gem car

Sadly there not coming back once there in the vault There never coming back
  • Options
    andrewlo1241andrewlo1241 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 256 Posts
    are you sure and how did you copy
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    I just wish they would replace them with new stuff already.
  • Options
    if they did it is nice to give it to people because some people is like me they want to save money on there favorite car but it gone out of the showroom when they have the money and I believed that the mustang gt and the camaro ss is replaced by there newer generation
  • Options
    Your probably right, some of those theories make sense. I have a feeling they are going to phase out all cash cars, except for the campaign cars.
  • Options
    Holeshot if the sti you dont like can you give it to me @ fastcar181 RR
  • Options
    Just give it away huh?
  • Options
    35k is that a deal
  • Options
    35k won't get it done, but maybe something else can be worked out. Look me up in game.
  • Options
    user
  • Options
  • Options
    why are we saying this in something way off topic finish this at got cars for sale i'll buy them place
  • Options
    You asked to buy it on this thread lol
  • Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    Maybe all the cars we can purchase from the showroom will be sent to the vault and replaced with new gen cars
  • Options
    deal
  • Options
  • Options
    true but at least give us the newer gen to people who wants the older gen the people who hates sell them
  • Options
    NRLQNRLQ Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 28 Posts

I'm not an expert or have the "inside scoop" but my thoughts, they are removing some cars from Showroom as a memory clearing method.. only so many cars can be in game.. I'm also guessing just making different wraps of cars like the Ford gtr uses a fraction of the allotted memory space.. compare to a totally new car..the cars beingremoved are probably ones that don't sell well.. could be wrong on all of this , perhaps a royalties issues , paying money to use the cars likeness .. idk just some thoughts

Hum.... No.

The people who have the cars will still keep them. So they will still be in memory in case they are needed.
  • Options
    how do you copy
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    There are a number of different reasons for us vaulting cars.

1. We want the number of cars that are available for purchase (via showroom and the crates) to remain a certain size.
    2. Increases the value of these cars. They will, over time, be considered more rare because there are no new ways to obtain them,
    3. Increases the desirability for a short time before vaulting.

While I won't say for sure whether or not any vaulted car will be available in the future. For now, any car we vault will be in there for quite some time.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    subarufanaticsubarufanatic Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 171 Posts
    @ [rr] ryyst.
    Wouldnt this increase the number of scammers and also wouldnt it give an unfair advantage to those who could buy the cars
  • Options
    CHECHOSSCHECHOSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 136 Posts
    I just wish the chevelle was brought back for a limited time...really wanted that car and was trying to save up for it...but I wasn't even able to go half way when it got vaulted :( it sucked bad i wasn't able to get my dream car...
  • Options
    PKTechPKTech Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 73 Posts
    Want some cheese to go with that whine?
  • Options
    I know I loved the wrx now its gone
  • Options
    Speed demonSpeed demon Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 12 Posts
    I miss all the cars to but just think they r gonna be adding more cars and new updates so it can't be that bad I mean just look towards the future!!!