Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Do admins play this game or just admin it?

RayCaballeroRayCaballero Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 822 Posts
If so what if they got scammed by someone during a deal and the guy randomly got banned lol.

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    If you are referring to myself. We play, not as much. Trades aren't supported so we would never be scammed.... besides I can just give myself whatever car I want.

If one of us comes across something strange, we will investigate.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    RayCaballeroRayCaballero Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 822 Posts
    edited August 2015
    Something strange like my next post under Unsupported Trades?
  • Options
    JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    edited August 2015
    As Ryyst said, they can give themselves whatever they want directly from the database so they have no reason to trade with anybody lol.
  • Options
    Sup sesko it's iBCKi
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    From 1.52. I actually started in like early 2002 so that was 1.00 or 1.01 I believe but met you in 1.51 or 1.52.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    edited August 2015
    If you are referring to myself. We play, not as much. Trades aren't supported so we would never be scammed.... besides I can just give myself whatever car I want.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Super peen?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I was wondering why you haven't logged on Camaro in so long, I have it added :).
  • Options
    Nitto closed bro.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeah but not RR
  • Options
    Spencer said:

If one of us comes across something strange, we will investigate.
  • Options
    IamSteveIamSteve Registered Users 397 Posts
    maybe some admins create a 2nd account and give all the car to them and let people pay paypal straight to their pocket.. just saying. :)
  • Options
    IamSteve said:

maybe some admins create a 2nd account and give all the car to them and let people pay paypal straight to their pocket.. just saying. :)

Pretty sure we all like our jobs.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Ryyst people keep telling me "they don't ban for selling rr stuff for paypal". I am pretty sure I read something like you can get banned but most likely will not, and can be prosecuted...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ryyst can we be banned for "money farming"?
  • Options
    I'll allow it.

• Options
    Vince214Vince214 Registered Users 66 Posts
    null
    Hook it up with that new Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG ;)
  • Options
    Farming is when you create new accounts to do the campaign, right? I used to do that all the time when the game was on Facebook.
  • Options
    We can't really stop someone from creating a bunch of accounts and playing the campaign. We have banned a bunch of players for exploiting though.

As for selling items for real money, technically Glu owns everything so essentially you are buying and selling things that you don't own. That said, we probably won't look into that... however, should something go awry, we won't assist. If you buy an account and we ban that account, telling us you bought it won't help. If someone doesn't deliver a car you bought, we won't help. So all that stuff is done at your own risk.

Now... I know some of you may start yelling at me in caps about current hacks and cheats..... I assure you we don't like it either. Hacks and cheats are a never ending battle. We've actually fixed a lot of the cheats people were using... however they just find another way. Why don't we say when we've fixed a hack?Because then that would just be an announcement for hackers to start working on another one... this way they all have to fid out for themselves if their cheat works or not.

We know there are hacked APKs out there, we're acquiring them ourselves so that our devs can see how they are done, and we will work on ways to fix those holes... again, it's a never ending battle. Seems a new one pops up every other day.

• Options

We can't really stop someone from creating a bunch of accounts and playing the campaign. We have banned a bunch of players for exploiting though.

As for selling items for real money, technically Glu owns everything so essentially you are buying and selling things that you don't own. That said, we probably won't look into that... however, should something go awry, we won't assist. If you buy an account and we ban that account, telling us you bought it won't help. If someone doesn't deliver a car you bought, we won't help. So all that stuff is done at your own risk.

Now... I know some of you may start yelling at me in caps about current hacks and cheats..... I assure you we don't like it either. Hacks and cheats are a never ending battle. We've actually fixed a lot of the cheats people were using... however they just find another way. Why don't we say when we've fixed a hack?Because then that would just be an announcement for hackers to start working on another one... this way they all have to fid out for themselves if their cheat works or not.

We know there are hacked APKs out there, we're acquiring them ourselves so that our devs can see how they are done, and we will work on ways to fix those holes... again, it's a never ending battle. Seems a new one pops up every other day.

The thing with Unity powered games, is that they are extremely easy to hack, All you need is a program which can get into the dll's such as .NET Reflector and a free plugin which I won't mention the name of. You'll never win the battle. Tell the coders to use something other than Unity next time. Unreal Engine perhaps.
  • Options
    Right on JamesG
  • Options
    WRXfanWRXfan Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 22 Posts
    Hey Guys!!

I have played the game for about a year now and I was thinking that they should let us race for Gems as well as pinks and money!
    Leave your comments below

Thanks!
    WRXfan
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    WRXfan said:

Hey Guys!!

I have played the game for about a year now and I was thinking that they should let us race for Gems as well as pinks and money!

Thanks!
    WRXfan

People suggested this on Nitto also. It'll never happen, Gem's are microtransactions only. You wouldn't purchase Gem's if you could win them, they have profit margins to consider.
  • Options
    subarufanaticsubarufanatic Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 171 Posts
    What would be nice though is if the crates cost cash instead of gems. Its really just a cheap high performance car and some cash for the higher players who have 1000s of gems but for the much larger group of people like me who can rarely afford one bronze crate its not very fair
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    JamesG said:

WRXfan said:

Hey Guys!!

Thanks!
    WRXfan

People suggested this on Nitto also. It'll never happen, Gem's are microtransactions only. You wouldn't purchase Gem's if you could win them, they have profit margins to consider.
    Yup, I've said it before. People would just make new accounts for the start off gems and easy sponsor gems.