Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Bring Back the Facebook Version?

JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
It is said that the Facebook version was removed due to hacks, but that's impossible.

In fact the Android version is much easier to hack, because they can get into the dll files which makes a Unity game, it's like that with all Unity games. However with Facebook, it was server sided, you couldn't save the source files, couldn't download the game, couldn't get into the dll's or anything. The Android version was hack infested, not Facebook.

The only possible thing you can do to cheat in the Facebook embedded version was make a bot to race for you, which isn't any sort of autowin and would be inconsistent.

Reason why I made this thread is because I recently started learning about Unity game hacking, and spoken to a few people. They couldn't hack the Facebook game the same way as they are messing with the Android version. The Android version is literally super easy to hack, there's a program which edits dll's, then you save that dll, package it up and install it on your device.

I don't have experience from when the Facebook version was up, but I was told that it was the most secure of the bunch!

Comments

• Alesha123Alesha123 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    yup but the facebook 'hack' was the tie glitch when you click on another tab or something like that
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    edited August 2015
    Alesha123 said:

yup but the facebook 'hack' was the tie glitch when you click on another tab or something like that

What, is that it? There are a million "tie" hacks on Android...

What does tying do anyway? Just refund your bet, right? It's practically nothing.
  • hkswagg38hkswagg38 Registered Users 218 Posts
    JamesG said:

Alesha123 said:

What, is that it? There are a million "tie" hacks on Android...

What does tying do anyway? Just refund your bet, right? It's practically nothing.
    do it enough times and eventually someone will foul and boom..pinks won
  • xjulymjkxjulymjk Registered Users 15 Posts
    I agree on bringing back the fb version.
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts

Hacks since the Facebook shut down have seemingly grown exponentially..perhaps bringing back the FB format would make this game unplayable due to an even greater number of hacks .. Or perhaps it wouldn't make a difference idk , I seems like any version ca be hacked iOS android , pc, Mac ..on and on.

Well no, what I've been explaining in this thread, there aren't any hacks on the Facebook version. The Android version has all the hacks, it's a million times easier to hack than the Facebook version.

The fact that the Facebook version was server sided and there weren't any files stored locally, made it the most secure version of the game.
  • 6philly4206philly420 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 14 Posts
    yea android is easy to hack but having it on a computer was bad too. pinks glitches was done on computer as well as others. theres tons of programs for computers to hack an minuplate things with. so taking it off computer was one of the best things they done.....altho u can run android emulator an still run it on computer.
  • james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    Android has tons of tools that can be used for hacking and exploiting. Anyone can write and side-load any app they want, and you can repackage android OS with specific features you want. Android is definitely less no more secure, probably less so, than a PC. More people may be more comfortable multitasking on the PC, but that doesn't mean jack.