Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Turbo Upgrades

Scruffybob42088Scruffybob42088 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 15 Posts
edited August 2015 in Talk About Racing Rivals
What's with the turbo upgrades?
They used to mean something, like actually giving a good amount of power to weight, but now it's like if I want to upgrade my turbo or up/down pipe, the weight is sometimes ridiculous for the measly power you get out of them, I can see maybe for turbo piping or the intercooler. But for like even just the turbo, it's would be, for instance 12lbs+ for only 3-4 hp, it makes no sense at all.
So lately I do even bother with upgrading my turbo parts, maybe the BOV but that's it.
And I'm talking about cars that already come boosted.

Examples: ( all stage 1 )
Toyota Supra:
Up pipe- 25.5 lbs / 4.41hp
Intercooler - 43lbs / 7.35hp

Subaru STI Coupe:
Intercooler - 41lbs / 4.5 hp
Up pipe - 23lbs / 2.82hp
Down pipe - 19lbs / 5.59hp

Mazda RX-7:
Turbo - 15lbs / 7.57hp
Down pipe - 16lbs / 5.25hp
Up pipe - 21lbs / 2.65hp
Intercooler - 34lbs / 4.5hp

^^none of this makes any sense.
You should be getting massive amounts of power for these upgrades, with nominal weight, it seems flip flopped.

Comments

• Options
    TwentyStitchTwentyStitch Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 2 Posts
    Keep in mind you're also upgrading torque
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited August 2015
    You have to do the math to figure it out, but it still usually improves power:weight ratio. Not always but most of the time. That said, (going off of weight/power), sometimes it will be an improvement as small as .002 lbs per HP, which i agree is ridiculously small. But i think its tryig to simulate the exorbitant cost of squeezing evey last bit from the car, not the realistic gain those specific upgrades would have in real life. And if youre trying to run max'd, tenths of a pound per horsepower will absolutely make that thousandth of a second difference.
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    Sometimes when you get past the minor Stage 1 increase, the Stage 2 part significantly improves the car.
  • Options
    Scruffybob42088Scruffybob42088 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 15 Posts
    edited August 2015
    Yeah when I get to the Pro upgrades I break out the calculator.
    Just seems odd the weight to power on the Stage 1 & 2 upgrades are like what I listed, which my P/W ratio would actually go up in some cases.
    I'll try blowing some cash and see what I can come up with for my RX-7 ( I think it's the cheapest to upgrade out of the 3 cars I listed )

Also that RX-7 has horrible top end power and a really wonky power curve, It dips hard around 5k then shoots up, the falls off again. ( I'd post a pic of the power curve, but I'm at a loss on how to do it )
  • Options
    RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
    For some parts the Power to Weight ratio leaves you better off to not by the part