Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Bring back chicken "penalty"

hkswagg38hkswagg38 Registered Users 218 Posts
edited August 2015 in Talk About Racing Rivals
The developers need to bring back a feature that has been taken away a long time ago. I remember when I first started turfing if an opponent chickened out you would get the turf points that they were worth. I feel like this needs to be brought back so that people are forced to race or face the reality that they are just giving points away. I am getting sick of challenging people only to have them sit there and let the clock run out. Am I wrong for feeling like it's either race or get out of the lobby?

Comments

• Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    I believe I remember them saying they took that feature away, because the number of points gained from opponents chickening out increased sharply and they suspected abuse.
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    How about 5 points? There should be something for bluffing a guy out.
  • Options
    5 is pretty worthless, I'd say 50% of what their point reward would have been sounds fair. If you aren't there to race then GTFO.
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    I disagree that this should be re-instated, I think it would harm the game. With the variability in car ratings within each lobby, if this was re-instated, you'd have all of the higher rated cars targeting all of the lower rated cars within that lobby and not racing each other once their ratings were discovered. For example, in the max rating lobby, if you had a couple of 1681 rated cars that raced and discovered each others' rating, they could then avoid racing each other and just prey on all the cars with lower ratings. Cars with the lower ratings, which may only want to race cars they have a possibility of beating, would then be driven out of the lobby. So overall, I think it would harm competition rather than enhance it. To speed the process up, they should have the chicken out buttons like they do in the multiplayer lobbies.
  • Options
    hkswagg38hkswagg38 Registered Users 218 Posts
    I can see where you are coming from on that point but when I'm in say the 56 lobby it shouldn't matter what class car I'm running, 1656 is 1656 car class has almost no factor. I like your thought that the chicken out button should be available. I just want some type of change, either bring back the old points system or let them chicken out without letting time run down.
  • Options
    "or let them chicken out without letting time run down."

This. They took out the points out but left the "put up or shut up" mechanic in place.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    james614 said:

I believe I remember them saying they took that feature away, because the number of points gained from opponents chickening out increased sharply and they suspected abuse.

Actually it was removed, because of people practicing "points swapping". People swapping chicken outs, to prevent damage to their cars. In other words, free points
  • Options
    In removing it they really should have added the chicken-out button back in then.
  • Options
    MAXIMUS888MAXIMUS888 Registered Users 36 Posts
    No, don't bring back the penalty. I really enjoy not having to repeatedly race free race boosters all the time. a chicken button to save time is a great idea though. If they removed boost, then it would be fair if you can't chicken without penalty....but glu never going to do that.