Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Any forza players here?

NiittoNiitto Registered Users 710 Posts
I used to play forza 2 and it was my favorite game period... I remember painting cars n racing like 40 laps in campaign race... Good times

Comments

• Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    Ive been playing forza 5 alot lately
  • Options
    integraintegra Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 198 Posts
    played forza 4. loved it, i think my level was 80 something. it was a while back.
  • Options
    integraintegra Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 198 Posts
    played forza 4. loved it, i think my level was 80 something. it was a while back.
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    I love Forza 4 and Horizon. Their repetitive DLC (having to buy the same cars over and over again instead of just having the old expansions added to the sequels) put a bad taste in my mouth for Forza 5 and Horizon 2.

But after RR I have a whole new perspective on the value of a game, lol.
  • Options
    JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    I only have 2 and 3, never played it often. I'm a PlayStation guy, Gran Turismo ftw.

Thinking of flashing the drive on my 360 so I can download Forza 4 and Horizon 2.
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    Ive had GT1-5. Got tiring because all the same things I didn't like about GT1 are still there in 5. Forza was like a breath of fresh air, although honestly I'd probably have both GT6 and Forza 5 if I were willing to plunk down for the new consoles.
  • Options
    Drag532Drag532 Registered Users 844 Posts
    Am i the one dying over the Need For Speed reboot? And just chanting NFS in the background.
  • Options
    JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    Drag532 said:

Am i the one dying over the Need For Speed reboot? And just chanting NFS in the background.

Nah, it looks pretty impressive. Watching some gameplay on YouTube, I kind of got a same "fresh" feeling I got when I played Underground for the first time. But because recent NFS games have just been plain terrible, it's something I would want to try before I buy.

And the "online only" thing is another turn off for me. If they release a demo and I like it, then I'll buy it. If not, I'll most probably just pirate it anyway.
  • Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    Forza Horizon 2 for the win here is a YouTube who plays it and other forzas and does tunes drift builds and other things look up SlapTrain1 on. Youtune
  • Options
    subarufanaticsubarufanatic Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 171 Posts
    I have bought and completed every forza game. Such an amazing series. Forza 2 was the bes
  • Options
    racing_rivalsracing_rivals Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 4,084 Posts
    I played forza 4 2 years have all cars even some 3 of them and completed campaign 3 times almost 4
  • Options
    trogdor48430trogdor48430 Registered Users 1,867 Posts
    Just preordered forza 6 thats coming out next month