Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Horrible racing conditions

FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
The last two days I have had the worst experience ever with RR.

1. Bracket racing (my favorite part of the game) constant disconnects. Does not matter wifi, cell, or location. I lost big bucks due to these so called disconnects.
2. Once I do get racing, the app locks up after each race. It takes 22 seconds or more before the app with "unlock" and I can go to the next screen.

3. Racer showdown. the game locks up after each race. Not once or twice while playing, but after every race. Minimum 22 seconds before I can do anything.

I sent in these issues via ? But have heard nothing back. I understand it takes weeks to get a response? Is this true? I know if I took weeks to respond to my clients, I would be out of business. There is simply no excuse for this.

Please let me know if my issues with RR are fixable. Or should I just trash the game and move on.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We apologize for the inconvenience, and yes it does take some time for our customer service team to respond. Could it be better, absolutely, unfortunately we don't have the resources to make that happen. Each ticket is answered in the order they come in and unfortunately there is a long "line".
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Thank you for your reply Ryyst.

Still having the same problems today. If it goes on tomorrow with no reply from support, I will just delete the game and move on. There is really no other solution.

Btw, these "customer service" issues are nothing new to you and CIE. They have been going on for at least the year or so I have been playing.

Telling your customers you do have the resources just makes things worse...a lot worse.

Shame on you Ryyst. Shame on CIE/CLU

• Options
    CUSTOMER SERVICE (as defined by websters dictionary)
    Noun. Assistance and other resources that a company provides to the people who buy or use its products or services.
  • Options
    PKTechPKTech Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 73 Posts
    Fugyea
    Noun. Used to describe a cry baby who complains about a free game service and how it doesn't load fast enough on his Razr phone.
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited August 2015
    I've got a Galaxy S5, one of the more powerful phones on the market. I get occasional hangs and slow-down, I only haven't put in a ticket because it hasn't impacted the races themselves.

And free game? Some of the showroom cars go for $35 each, and the cost to replace the max'd Viper GTS-R I lost is about $200. To be really competitive to win big gems and prize cars in turf, you need cars that cost gems, tons of boosts, and to upgrade/repair cars far faster than you can with the limited number of ads they let you watch to speed up for free. This is a pay-to-win game and there are tons of people paying to win, and its very far from cheap. Some people are putting hundreds of dollars into this game on a recurring basis.

It is absolutely justified to be irate at the inadequate customer service response times Glu provides for this game, and how the game appears to run similarly slow on a 2012 phone or a 2014 phone.