Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

What's your favorite car you've lost?

PKTechPKTech Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 73 Posts
We've all been swindled once or twice at some point in this game, even the old vets of this game I'm sure. What's your favorite care you've lost to a "scammer" or just in an agonizing pinks loss? Mine would be my Ford GT, about a month into playing the game. A dude told me he was quitting the game and was giving away his cars before he did. Haha I laugh at myself every time I think about it! So what was your "one that got away"?
Prev1

Comments

• Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    I have not lost anything of major importance yet lol. But it's coming. I'm looking for a particular car and I'm sure I will get scammed a few times before I actually get it. I generally buy whatever cars I want to avoid the hassle of dishonest people , but I have to have this car lol
  • Options
    021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    Camaro Z28, first car I bought from the showroom. Before I knew about it, I raced an Evo VII and won, then he pinked me. I never noticed that he switched out the car for a maxed twin of the car I beat.
  • Options
    Alesha123Alesha123 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    z4 RE
  • Options
    ShadowVoidShadowVoid Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1 Posts
    My fav car was a Lancer Evo. Which is one of the two cars iv lost. 1 from a scammer another from a bad pink slip race
  • Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    edited August 2015
    I lost my career Dodge Charger very early on, which was my favorite at the time (I at least had the sense to have already beaten C class career). It was a straight up race too, the other guy was just faster. I wound up winning back one that was tuned better than mine with my Civic Si, lol. I considered myself hugely lucky for a long time.

More recently the Subaru STI Coupe is my favorite, and I lost 2 of them this last turf. But at this point I could afford to buy and tune two replacements.
  • Options
    RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
    My Ford GTR, Such a stupid move
  • Options
    The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    My first Mazda Furai I purchased from Glu, almost 3 years ago, I maxed out with gems, when it was still R class, and lost it in a pinks race to a foul.
  • Options
    PURELYHPPURELYHP Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 329 Posts
    My viper acrx got it along time ago with my own money and lost it to a scammer, who had vouchers on forums!!!
  • Options
    integraintegra Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 198 Posts
    edited August 2015
    My 2012 M3, maxed, full gem, the one you pay cash for at the beginning of the game. Lost it because i wasnt paying attention to the car i pinked it against (m3 gt2 maxed). smh
  • Options
    HK416TVHK416TV Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 13 Posts
    I lost a Zonda in a pinks tournament and "disconnected" two weeks ago in that spate of disconnections and error messages.........
  • Options
    RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    I had this maxed Zonda.. I would ways go show it off in the lobbies and shit like that.. Then A Stella approached me with a Pink slip hehe.. I took the first Stella.. But I got.too cocky and another Stella came back and boom jacked my ride. Worse day of my RR carreer lol. I raged in the middle of class. I've raged 2 times in the middle of class actually hehe
  • Options
    JuggaloMafiaJuggaloMafia Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 681 Posts
    @RicedOutMan

Lol I feel your pain, I had, keyword HAD, a maxed out BMW M3GT2 that I beat a maxed out Murcielago with. And I got cocky as hell after feeling the rush of winning my first pinks race.

So, in the lobby comes another BMW M3GT2 that challenged me for pinks. So I thought about for a few seconds, turned on my boosts so that I was sure to hit at least 6.8 seconds.

So the 2nd light hits, I let off the throttle for a perfect launch, damn dude win by .249

I was pissed off to no end, I was engaged ready to hit something. That burned the piss out of me. And what sucks even more is that it will take 9,776 gems to replace it.
  • Options
    RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    Damn dude
  • Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    WWE john cena RE ):
  • Options
    I lost my max'd Viper GTS-R recently. Not such a great car but loads of time invested in maxing it out w/o gems. I'll stick to pinking the slow cars. I have an M3 GT2 but whenever I have the time and money to Max it I'm definitely not going to blow it in pinks unless I start banging out consistent WR times.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    My first ford gt. I was new and it was my first team. I loaned it to a teammate for turf. He ended up leaving the team with my car. I'm STILL hot about it 2 years later lol.
  • Options
    subarufanaticsubarufanatic Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 171 Posts
    Game went laggy and somehow eneded up in pinks tournament... First competitor ... 300zx balls ! Lost my maxed 2000 sti that id loved for 2 years
  • Options
    I lost one of my 2000 STIs to a 300ZX too. For a long time I thought the STI was the fastest C class. But the 300ZX took me out like it was a bad joke...
  • Options
    monstermonster Registered Users 6 Posts
    My maxed c7
  • Options
    anthony12461anthony12461 Registered Users 2,232 Posts
    NSX RR haha... eh sike I ain't mad over pixels lmao
    #PinkMafia
  • Options
    Speed demonSpeed demon Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 12 Posts
    Lost my Shelby gt500 to a friend that was borrowing it and she said she wouldn't pink it then she did and lost it sad day was one of my beginning cars
  • Options
    fungunfungun Registered Users 316 Posts
    matte white furia with blue undeglow
  • Options
    Gear moto 1524Gear moto 1524 Registered Users 47 Posts
    I gota few class r cars that I favor frs r spec gt spec koingsegg agera and BMW m3 gt are my top favorite cars lost to a hacker and don't have anything to give to glu for proof cuz I just started over and hope it won't happen again
  • Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts

NSX RR haha... eh sike I ain't mad over pixels lmao

GET YOUR PHONE OUTTA MY FACE
  • Options
    Everlasting OneEverlasting One Registered Users 202 Posts
    My worst was scion tc gtspec. Lost in a pinks race on a shift glitch. No matter how many times I hit shift up it wouldn't work for about .6 seconds. Lost the race and the car :-( emailed cie and they said tough luck buddy.
  • Options
    DWLI NO 13DWLI NO 13 Registered Users 932 Posts
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="anthony12461">NSX RR haha... eh sike I ain't mad over pixels lmao</blockquote>

Gay
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    edited October 2015
    It involves T25, me showing off, me not paying attention to "PINKS" blaring in my face. Lost my challenger gt2... Think it was LA one

Scratch that, my perfectly tune 1625 frs, used to beat everyone in the lobbies, then I lost it to a tC due to wheelspin :( didn't even mark down the tune
  • Options
    TomcleeTomclee Registered Users 1,524 Posts
    My oynx is lost to a scammer
  • Options
    khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    I be lost 3 cars my Nissan nismo and my kan and Nissan
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    Maxed Charger R/T
    Mazda RX-7 GT Spec
    Maxed Dodge Dart
    Maxed Dodge SRT 4