Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Help, maybe?

JuggaloMafiaJuggaloMafia Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 681 Posts
edited September 2015 in Tips, Tricks and Setups
I'm tired of racing just multiplayer and having to search for tunes, I want to use my own tunes and setups but the tuning aspect is unfamiliar territory for me as I don't understand how.
I want in on turf wars where the bigger prizes are.

I know the less weight a car has, the faster it'll be, but the more stress you have, the fewer races you can participate in.

I'm not asking for anyone's "secret" tunes, I just need someone to help me with the basics of tuning so that I can experiment with tunes and come up with my own and not have to copy or use anyone else's.

If anyone can help me with this, it'll be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Do you know lobby ratings?
  • Options
    ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    How to make a tune Dumb edition:Number 1 Install random upgrades

Number 2 name it whatever you want

BAMM!!
  • Options
    JuggaloMafiaJuggaloMafia Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 681 Posts
    @off road hemi
    I I do know somewhat about the room ratings but not sure of the significance.

@Thedarthyguest
    Lol, I'm sure there's a science to it instead of randomness.
  • Options
    That makes a lot more sense to me now, about the ratings, thank you. So I guess it would be easier to buy all a,b, and c pro parts In the beginning and then start tweaking? Instead of just buying one pro upgrade at a time? And what's the deal with nos? I know there's people that uses it and others turn their nose up at it being installed on certain cars. And lastly, do you go for less weight, less stress, or is there a balance to be found between the two?
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks for all your help, I now understand how to tune more than I did. I know I may sound like a noob or even dumb, but hey, we all gotta start somewhere to get better and to master anything, right?

You're awesome, again, thanks for all your help, much respect for taking your time to help me out with understanding. :smile:
  • Options
    Kudos to Hello. I forgot I replied to this post.
  • Options
    Running_GagRunning_Gag Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 28 Posts
    Best piece of advice i can give is to start with your D-Class car. The parts are cheapest and the install times are shortest. Pick a lobby you want to shoot for. 1645 for example. I start with dropping weight and getting tires. All my cars start with pro A weight reduction and the best tires money can buy. Then decide if you want to turbo or supercharge it or all motor. Once you ad a super or turbo you can never go back to all motor. Same thing with nos. Nos can never be taken off.

Next i put at least stage 1 of all the drivetrain mods (except axles). I may ad more later, i may not. Depends on what i feel the car needs as i get closer to my mark. Thats kind of an experience thing so i can't quantitate it for you.

After thats all done we can really start "tuning". I'll start with the part that provides the Highest HP/LBS and put that on. A spread sheet is handy for calculating all of this. Next highest, and next highest, till i get to 1645 or 1646.

(an important note (actually two) 1, the lobbies are not split up by whole numbers. I believe the split is at .5. IE 1645.4 is the 1645 lobby, 1645.5 is the 1650 lobby, and no there is no way to see the decimal rating. 2. your device will estimate your rating but the server gets the final say. Thats why sometimes youll have a car that says its 1646, but when you go into the lobbies it changes your rating to 45 and puts you in the 45 lobby. Doesn't happen often but if you tune for longer than a week you'll probably come across it.)

If it hit 1646, ill remove the last part and reinstall one that has about half the HP/LBS and see where i am. Once i'm at 1645 I'll take it to a lobby and test it out to see if im in the lobby i want to be in, or too high. Then keep tweaking it with different parts in that range till i can't get anymore out of it.
  • Options

Best piece of advice i can give is to start with your D-Class car. The parts are cheapest and the install times are shortest. Pick a lobby you want to shoot for. 1645 for example. I start with dropping weight and getting tires. All my cars start with pro A weight reduction and the best tires money can buy. Then decide if you want to turbo or supercharge it or all motor. Once you ad a super or turbo you can never go back to all motor. Same thing with nos. Nos can never be taken off.

Next i put at least stage 1 of all the drivetrain mods (except axles). I may ad more later, i may not. Depends on what i feel the car needs as i get closer to my mark. Thats kind of an experience thing so i can't quantitate it for you.

After thats all done we can really start "tuning". I'll start with the part that provides the Highest HP/LBS and put that on. A spread sheet is handy for calculating all of this. Next highest, and next highest, till i get to 1645 or 1646.

(an important note (actually two) 1, the lobbies are not split up by whole numbers. I believe the split is at .5. IE 1645.4 is the 1645 lobby, 1645.5 is the 1650 lobby, and no there is no way to see the decimal rating. 2. your device will estimate your rating but the server gets the final say. Thats why sometimes youll have a car that says its 1646, but when you go into the lobbies it changes your rating to 45 and puts you in the 45 lobby. Doesn't happen often but if you tune for longer than a week you'll probably come across it.)

If it hit 1646, ill remove the last part and reinstall one that has about half the HP/LBS and see where i am. Once i'm at 1645 I'll take it to a lobby and test it out to see if im in the lobby i want to be in, or too high. Then keep tweaking it with different parts in that range till i can't get anymore out of it.

Very nice
  • Options
    Jaylan SpearJaylan Spear Registered Users 873 Posts
  • Options
    khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Bump