Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Who's selling their cars before RR 2.0??

SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
Well if you haven't heard about RR 2.0 you probably aren't nervous. If you have you probably are about losing all your cars when RR 2.0 comes around.

So is where the smart sellers liquidating their accounts before they get stuck with an account full of expensive cars.. But they won't transfer to 2.0..

If anyone is trying to liquidate their cars before RR keeps them, let me know your prices. I'll probably buy a lot of cars.

PM me here, ping me on RR Skeero123.

PayPal ready at all times.

A Rivals 2 is planned for a future date. Whether it remains Racing Rivals 2 or evolves into something else entirely remains to be seen, a lot can happen between now and then.

As for Rivals 1. Rest assured, we are not wiping accounts. We will most likely leave it running until the point where it makes less than it costs to leave up.

As for what you spent on Racing Rivals and what will happen if we release a Rivals 2, I'll repost something I said on one of the Facebook pages:

Like most all mobile games, RR will probably end... eventually. Its the way mobile games go. Most likely won't happen until it becomes more costly to run than it makes money. That could be awhile. We have no immediate plans to end Rivals 1. IF we release Rivals 2, understand it will most likely be a new game. This could mean different cars, different car parts, different looks whatever. So a 1 to 1 transfer of cars probably won't happen. We'll probably do some kind of credit transfer of some sort similar to Nitto, but RR2 is so far out, that we won't even know the details for quite some time.

The thing you should all comprehend about mobile F2P games, is that they will eventually run it's course. You can't look at in-app purchases as investments in tangible goods. It's more akin to temporary entertainment, like buying tickets to a movie, or a concert. You pay for entertainment. Some pay more for those closer seats or whatever perk to get more enjoyment out of something, end of the day though, you don't get to keep that movie, or take the band home with you. Doesn't mean you didn't get your money's worth. That's how mobile gaming works.

Prev1

Comments

• Alesha123Alesha123 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    what is this?
  • SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    Guess you're gonna be one of those that are extremely surprised.
    lol CAN SOME ONE EXPLAIN?
  • stonerking100stonerking100 Registered Users 2,661 Posts
    RR is in 4.1
  • LongusMagnusLongusMagnus Registered Users 405 Posts
    It's an upcoming update - I wouldn't be worried @Alesha123
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    this 1.5 is jajajaja
    oryt lol thx
  • 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    Only people to be worried are those with clones, apk modded cars, buy backs..... All the rest of us that have legit turf cars have no worries
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    People saying this and trying to buy cars up cheap - so I hear

RR is in 4.1

You're right, this game will close and there's going to be a RR 1.5 in between the current game and racing rivals 2.

This game is going to be like Deer hunters, none of your stuff will go to the next version of RR.
  • LongusMagnusLongusMagnus Registered Users 405 Posts
    Just a bunch fear mongering
  • JuggaloMafiaJuggaloMafia Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 681 Posts
    I'll be pissed off if I lose my account when or if they update. Maybe instead of speculating and having legit ppl worried they'll lose their account when RR updates, maybe we all should ask an admin about it.
    @Skeero so why do you want to buy the cars if they are just going to get lost?
    Capitalism.
  • ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    I have a feeling RR 2.0 will be wayyyy easier to get cars
  • ac3sac3s Registered Users 1,186 Posts
    edited September 2015
    Dont listen to it man there b a transfer and its not happining for a couple years and this came from rru so dont go selling ur cars and accounts if it was happening y would he waist his time
    @Skeero i hear ya capitalism
    bump
  • WFAFWFAF Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 735 Posts
    Don't waste your time listening to this goof, admins themselves have confirmed there won't be anything like this for a couple years.
  • RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    https://racingrivalsunderground.com/?s=racing+rivals+1.5

Sorry to dissapoint, but @skeero is saying is NOT true.
  • JuggaloMafiaJuggaloMafia Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 681 Posts
    I figured as much but thought I would check it out with an admin but @RicedOutMan made it clear. Thanks bro

Also asking someone to sell their cars before some bogus update happens, is almost a scam in itself.
  • RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    Yeah np bro @JuggaloMafia

I figured as much but thought I would check it out with an admin but @RicedOutMan made it clear. Thanks bro

Also asking someone to sell their cars before some bogus update happens, is almost a scam in itself.

Like I said earlier
    Skeero said:

Capitalism.

Now a scam it is not, taking advantage of someones fear I am. I always am paypal ready, and always willing to buy.
  • sinn39sinn39 Registered Users 778 Posts
    No such thing as 1.5..
    There is a reason people are called sheeps and wolves. My intentions are clear.
  • DGrizzDGrizz Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 934 Posts
    Clearly stated that it won't be 1.5. It will be 2.0, and won't be here for years AND they said there would probably be a transfer option like NItto. Stop being a troll.
  • Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Wow so ths retard was just falsifying information to try to get good cars for cheap lmao "game over" (Deep voice)

Do you want to get technical?

Let me break it down for you.

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/GLUU

Click 5 year on the chart. Once it breaks support at $3.96, and then it loses support at $3.56 and $3.33. GLU will be hurting as their in a downward spiral.

So let me ask you. Do you really think they will allow you to bring your cars from this game to the next game? If you were running the company would you want to let people bring the cars from this game that they bought off of someone else in game, or sell them the same cars? What would you do?

I'm taking advantage of a bad situation. That makes me retarded? No it makes me smart, I'm going to gain off of someone elses fear.

I'm not falsifying information, I'm sharing what I heard. I just didn't share both sides of what I heard.

I'm offering people outs now if they want them, there is no guarantee I will be able to resale the cars. Or if I would even sell them.

Like I said I always have cash ready to buy.

Welcome to the real world Shadey, the person on the other side of the screen probably knows more than you.
  • Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Lol i like how you continue to argue when you were proven wrong hahaha bye :D

• merk210merk210 Registered Users 3,038 Posts
    Lol