Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Who's selling their cars before RR 2.0??

2Next

Comments

• SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    Shadey960 said:

Lol i like how you continue to argue when you were proven wrong hahaha bye :D

Explain how I was proven wrong? Because it was on RRU? A lot can change before 2.0. You never know if you will keep your cars or not.

Everyone always wants to cry about GLU only caring about profits right? As long as their making money, tear tear.

How will GLU make money on a new game? By letting you keep your cars?

I do realize GLU will take a while to put out RR2, as their still working on the Nicky Minaj game, and Jason Statham game.

That's like everyone freaking out about losing cloned cars that they've bought / gem buy back cars.

Like I said my intentions are clear.
  • Shadey960Shadey960 Registered Users 9,345 Posts
    Omg ok I believe you buy my cars dirt cheap pls

Sheep get slaughtered for a reason.
  • RicedOutManRicedOutMan Registered Users 1,007 Posts
    Again, an admin HIMSELF said there would be an option to transfer your cars from one game to another. Now if younwould please stop it with this bull crap. . That would be great

A Rivals 2 is planned for a future date. Whether it remains Racing Rivals 2 or evolves into something else entirely remains to be seen, a lot can happen between now and then.

As for Rivals 1. Rest assured, we are not wiping accounts. We will most likely leave it running until the point where it makes less than it costs to leave up.

As for what you spent on Racing Rivals and what will happen if we release a Rivals 2, I'll repost something I said on one of the Facebook pages:

Like most all mobile games, RR will probably end... eventually. Its the way mobile games go. Most likely won't happen until it becomes more costly to run than it makes money. That could be awhile. We have no immediate plans to end Rivals 1. IF we release Rivals 2, understand it will most likely be a new game. This could mean different cars, different car parts, different looks whatever. So a 1 to 1 transfer of cars probably won't happen. We'll probably do some kind of credit transfer of some sort similar to Nitto, but RR2 is so far out, that we won't even know the details for quite some time.

The thing you should all comprehend about mobile F2P games, is that they will eventually run it's course. You can't look at in-app purchases as investments in tangible goods. It's more akin to temporary entertainment, like buying tickets to a movie, or a concert. You pay for entertainment. Some pay more for those closer seats or whatever perk to get more enjoyment out of something, end of the day though, you don't get to keep that movie, or take the band home with you. Doesn't mean you didn't get your money's worth. That's how mobile gaming works.
    Like I JUST said. An admin ASSURED us there would be an option to move cars around. Now let's put that aside.. Why are you buying cars? Aren't they just gonna dissapear like YOU said? So you're just wasting money. Unless you yourself ALSO know that we will be able to keep our cars.. See what I'm saying?
    So Ryst isn't an admin? Yes or No? I copied directly what he said.

I changed the name to 2.0 instead of 1.5 just for you.
  • K24z7K24z7 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,582 Posts

Like I JUST said. An admin ASSURED us there would be an option to move cars around. Now let's put that aside.. Why are you buying cars? Aren't they just gonna dissapear like YOU said? So you're just wasting money. Unless you yourself ALSO know that we will be able to keep our cars.. See what I'm saying?

he expects to get 50$ for less than 5 bucks. lmao. read what he messaged me:
    Not saying they weren't good prices. Just more than I specifically will pay. I've bought most of my turf cars for $10-15. You just have to wait. Buy low sell high, the name of the game. If I pay you what they're worth, how will I make money? I'm not looking for breaking even period, or $2 profit, not worth my time.

Trust me I know the cost of staying top 25, even more so when there is B class events. Because I only use the 2015 mustang.

I guess this guy cant get a real job and make money. lol
    Wow lmao. & @Skeero okay I understand that but is he the ONLY admin? Yes or no?
    Does it matter? No.

What Ryyst said still stands. They might lose licenses for the next game and you won't get to keep your car for the next game. Think about that.

Does it even matter? NO. I'm paying for cars period, if I lose money in 2 years does it matter? No. If it matter I wouldn't waste my time.

I'm not even trying to buy turf cars, I'm open to ALL cars period.

Plus I kind of think more turf cars will be coming to crates. I've spoken to higher up people than RR forum admins about it. I own around 30k shares of GLUU, and I'm pushing for this company to make more money. I want it to hurt people selling turf cars.
    Exactly. What the OTHER admins said ALSO stands. So what's your point ?
  • DemonLegacyDemonLegacy Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 372 Posts
    It's not happening anytime in the near future guys lol
    Exactly
    When others are scared be greedy.

Like I said my intentions are clear. I haven't had anyone but k24z7 try to sell me cars, and he was trying to sell me 3 cars for $60. The most I would've paid was $40. But he tried to start to high in negotiations so I wished him the best of luck.

Money isn't an issue, not getting a good deal is the issue. If I decide to sell a car I buy, I need to be able to make a profit. Period.
    Why would you be greedy though? That's **** up considering many people worked hard for what they have and you're just taking it as if it was worth nothing.
  • LuggagemanLuggageman Registered Users 2,053 Posts
    edited September 2015
    By the way he talks, seems like he's just watched wolf of the wall street.

Go piss off Leo DiCaprio.
    No Oscars for your shitty performance here.
  • K24z7K24z7 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,582 Posts
    @RicedOutMan @Skeero
    yea i started real high man
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Rivals-Subaru-WRX-Sport-/252077903537?hash=item3ab1038eb1
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RACING-RIVALS-LAMBORGHINI-GALLARDO-LP-570-4-SL-TOP-25-/141761662044?hash=item2101a74c5c

its what the cars go for you child.
    and by the way, you shouldnt say youre open to ANY CARS SINCE I OFFERED YOU MY GARAGE AND YOU SAID NOTHING IS WORTH ANYTHING. LMAO.

Why would you be greedy though? That's **** up considering many people worked hard for what they have and you're just taking it as if it was worth nothing.

I'm not offering anyone $5 a car. Even if I have actually bought a couple of turf cars for $5.

K24z7 said:

@RicedOutMan @Skeero
    yea i started real high man
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-Rivals-Subaru-WRX-Sport-/252077903537?hash=item3ab1038eb1
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RACING-RIVALS-LAMBORGHINI-GALLARDO-LP-570-4-SL-TOP-25-/141761662044?hash=item2101a74c5c

its what the cars go for you child.
    and by the way, you shouldnt say youre open to ANY CARS SINCE I OFFERED YOU MY GARAGE AND YOU SAID NOTHING IS WORTH ANYTHING. LMAO.

You're posting things that have not sold, please check sold listings. Plus when you sell on ebay the seller does not get the whole thing, you still lose a % from ebay and a % from paypal. You have to factor that in also. I sold a couple cars on eBay for $40, I got $36.xx after paypal and ebay took their money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Video-Gaming-Merchandise-/38583/i.html?_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=subaru+sport+racing+rivals&_sop=15
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Play the game- tune / run turf / test your tune bet some cash / if u win a lot/ pink build up garage - start crushing cars - get turf cars - pimp them up Etc ....

This game is meant to give a you high and lows , happiness and disappointment. The game has grown in to what feels like a Rr cult - sneaking of for quick race ( as religious people do pray ). We just race lol

Somewhere People have taken the game too serious - timeout- won't race pinks - boosting just to win a race - desperate for a turf car

Your meant to risk it, either win it or lose it all . That's the buzz / rush. U get when you take them chances/ playing safe trying to trade like sweet shop business etc.

Tune more - bet more - enjoy game more - on that note anyone wanna trade a m3 2012 fir a mustang 2010 hit me upe
    I'll do that for a 2015 Mustang.