Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Problem with a high lv player, is this normal?

AENYXAENYX Registered Users 12 Posts
Hello everyone, i'm posting this just trying to understand the reason this happened. I havent been very long in Racing Rivals and haven't had much chat interaction with other players except the ocasional "nice race". That being said I don't know if high lv players normally have this attitude or was this person just a bad apple, or is my time so good he had all the reasons to doubt?

I'll explain what happened. I had been racing in the 1620 lobby using my 1618 Jetta for a couple hours. Was waiting for someone who belonged in the bracket (not lobby jumpers) to beat me so I felt motivated to upgrade from 1618 to 1620. A lv 250 player which I won't name (since I do not wish to harm anyone with this post) entered the lobby saying he was testing a car and wanted people to race him. Since I knew I was the fastest 1615-1620 in the lobby I thought i'd be the right person to help him test his car. I barely beat him 13.0xx to his 13.1.

All the sudden he seems to get angry and starts saying why don't I race him without boosting. I let him know i'm not boosting and he starts calling me a liar. He says it's impossible that a 1618 Jetta beat his 1621 RSX then challenges me again so I race him. This time he Boosts to show me how he can beat me boosted and beats me 12.5xx to 12.996. After this he keeps calling me a liar and saying how he's been long enough in the game to know i'm lying. I tell him I have never Boosted before since I only have 5 Boosts I got in a Bronze crate I bought and didn't want to waste them but if it would clear my name i'd race him boosted to prove I wasn't boosting before.

He keeps calling me out and saying i'm a liar etc etc but he wouldn't let me race him boosted to prove myself. I then message him and even tell him i'll give him my tune so he can test out himself and see that i'm telling the truth at which point he ignores me. Sorry for the long story but being newish to the game I don't know if I just got lucky and made a really good tune in which he had all the reasons to doubt me or if he was just arrogant and couldn't accept someone beating him. I'm worried by the fact that I don't know if this will be a normal occurence, my car is fast so I will make enemies in the game? Thats the least I want. After the incident I upgraded from 1618 to 1620 and now the car runs 12.8s unboosted. Screenshot below.

Comments

• Options
    Joker078Joker078 Registered Users 6 Posts
    Just a bad apple. But seem to be a lot of them no matter level.
  • Options
    OFF ROAD HEMI2OFF ROAD HEMI2 Registered Users 1,011 Posts
    Most likely because he was in a 1621 he ASSUMED he couldn't be beat. He may not have known how to drive his car to get the best time out of it. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    He's just super slow...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, guess i'll just try to forget the incident. I was affected more than I should have been. Hopefully i'll get to have some positive experiences with other players.
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice Roush, will keep it in mind.