Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Racing Rivals 2.0 is coming

RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
Website, Racing Rivals Underground confirmed RR 2.0. It will be 2 years. it would be released in 2016 but got delayed 1 year. What do you think? Good or BAD
Prev1

Comments

• Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Well there isn't a set date yet, I believe it's "atleast" 2 years.
  • RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
    2 years (2017) is confirmed. But what time that year is not set
  • Drag532Drag532 Registered Users 844 Posts
    What, Is something happening? Whats going on?
    And it is also possible you could lose everything you have in transition. But don't worry, that's 2 years from now.
    Just checked and Ryyst said atleast 1 year possibly 2. So my bad. Also stated other stuff needs to be done first.
    Yup, Ryyst is the man
    Will it have better graphics tho?
  • Drag532Drag532 Registered Users 844 Posts
    Wait what the f*ck is going on?! Please someone fill me in.
    Well confirmation of RR 2.0 was leaked. 1-2 year release window. So enjoy your stuff before it all gets erased in transition
  • DCantDCant Registered Users 1,374 Posts
    Why would it get erased?
    You got a while there is "other stuff" that is going to get done first.
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    Nitto 1320 V3 would be much preferred.
  • DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts
    DCant said:

Why would it get erased?

Omg if it takes all my cars I will kill someone
  • koussakidkoussakid Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,341 Posts
    Wait won't they just make a new app not erase all our stuff!!!?!?!?!?!?
  • ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    Holy shit!!! No don't erase our shit!!!! I spent so much money on that game
    Guys don't worry, there is still a lot of time.
  • SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    If their stock keeps acting the way it has been, I can assure you they'll need to avoid you keeping your stuff.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    A Rivals 2 is planned for a future date. Whether it remains Racing Rivals 2 or evolves into something else entirely remains to be seen, a lot can happen between now and then.

As for Rivals 1. Rest assured, we are not wiping accounts. We will most likely leave it running until the point where it makes less than it costs to leave up.

As for what you spent on Racing Rivals and what will happen if we release a Rivals 2, I'll repost something I said on one of the Facebook pages:
    Like most all mobile games, RR will probably end... eventually. Its the way mobile games go. Most likely won't happen until it becomes more costly to run than it makes money. That could be awhile. We have no immediate plans to end Rivals 1. IF we release Rivals 2, understand it will most likely be a new game. This could mean different cars, different car parts, different looks whatever. So a 1 to 1 transfer of cars probably won't happen. We'll probably do some kind of credit transfer of some sort similar to Nitto, but RR2 is so far out, that we won't even know the details for quite some time.

The thing you should all comprehend about mobile F2P games, is that they will eventually run it's course. You can't look at in-app purchases as investments in tangible goods. It's more akin to temporary entertainment, like buying tickets to a movie, or a concert. You pay for entertainment. Some pay more for those closer seats or whatever perk to get more enjoyment out of something, end of the day though, you don't get to keep that movie, or take the band home with you. Doesn't mean you didn't get your money's worth. That's how mobile gaming works.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• JuggaloMafiaJuggaloMafia Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 681 Posts
    I hope RR stays under the same team/creators/management no matter the name of the new uodate. Racing Rivals is awesome and I literally spend the majority of my time playing the game and on here in the forums. It would suck hot sweaty swamp ass if Racing Rivals ended altogether.
  • Speed demonSpeed demon Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 12 Posts
    I think they should just sell the whole game when it gets to that point so we can have to different versions of the game because I with many others love it and for one wouldn't mind having to of the same game. If one is different then the other great different games same meaning just sell it to someone that has high hopes and then we will keep both games and keep happy players to on both!!!!!!!
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Thanks for the shout out for our website. We did a write up about the whole "OMFG 1.5" crap that had been spread on the Facebook groups.

https://racingrivalsunderground.com/2015/09/01/an-answer-to-the-question/
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • ShinBeatsShinBeats Registered Users 908 Posts
    Reinforcing what's already been said, yeah guys it's a long ways away.
    ShinBeats said:

Reinforcing what's already been said, yeah guys it's a long ways away.

Yeah they won't even talk about it in anymore detail until they release they're other works.
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    stop all this nonsense , ... yall sound like some no pussssy gettin assss nerds!
  • Alesha123Alesha123 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    they should have a account transfer system as they rely on game centre and google play as a login that should be easy
    a bit like nitto legends
  • SZTUKASZTUKA Registered Users 34 Posts
    So at this point should we still expect regular updates (cars, makers, events, ect) Or will time and resources be spent on The next Racing Rivals game?
  • dedicateddedicated Registered Users 2 Posts
    so what about all of the time and money people put into the current game.Will we be riendursed?
  • Gear Slammer 85Gear Slammer 85 Registered Users 878 Posts
    I doubt we will be compensated in any way.

I for one wouldn't exspect them to compensate us, I have a solid $700+ in the game.
    I know many many ppl have much more than that invested.
    But when Playstation moves from 3 to 4 do they pay you back for the games and time you've invested in 3,2, or 1?
    You can still play your old system but chances are you will get sick of it sooner than later.
    I think all we can ask is that they keep the current app up and running so we can hop on and continue playing it untill it gets to the point we're sick of it.

It would however be cool if they kicked the veteran players a neat bonus for rolling over to the new version.
    Or if somhow you could roll over like 20 cars out of your old garage. It would probably be the hardest decisions most of us have every made!!

But as stated above we have a long time before we need to worrie about it.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

I doubt we will be compensated in any way.

I for one wouldn't exspect them to compensate us, I have a solid $700+ in the game.

I know many many ppl have much more than that invested.

But when Playstation moves from 3 to 4 do they pay you back for the games and time you've invested in 3,2, or 1?

You can still play your old system but chances are you will get sick of it sooner than later.

I think all we can ask is that they keep the current app up and running so we can hop on and continue playing it untill it gets to the point we're sick of it.

It would however be cool if they kicked the veteran players a neat bonus for rolling over to the new version.

Or if somhow you could roll over like 20 cars out of your old garage. It would probably be the hardest decisions most of us have every made!!

But as stated above we have a long time before we need to worrie about it.

Just an FYi mate,

When CIE rolled the 1320 Challenge members into the newer Nitto Legends V2 they did have a brief transfer period to give their loyal racers a head start on the new game.

It wasn't much but it was enough to give the loyal racers a huge advantage over everyone else on the new game.

Those same CIE admins, are now GLU Long Beach employees.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Gear Slammer 85Gear Slammer 85 Registered Users 878 Posts
    Good to know!
    Appreciate the positive advice!
    Like i said no matter to me. But a "jump start" on a fresh app would be awsome!
This discussion has been closed.