Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

The whole vouches thing

Don't know about anyone else, but people going first in a deal don't really deserve a vouch. Nobody gives them the opputunity to scam, n when they do like 7 small deals they scam someone for millions../

Comments

• Options
    KooKiesKushKooKiesKush Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 807 Posts
    100% Agreed
  • Options
    harris26harris26 Registered Users 6,394 Posts
    All I see is 6/7 vouches and before you know it someone loses 5m or so... @KooKiesKush
  • Options
    LuggagemanLuggageman Registered Users 2,053 Posts
    edited September 2015
    I'll have to disagree with you here bud.

I've never done a deal worth less than a few million so I'd definitely vouch for somebody who puts their faith in me and goes first.

Otherwise, how does a relatively new person get vouches? Nobody with any vouches will ever go first so they never get vouches.
  • Options
    OhISnappedOhISnapped Registered Users 667 Posts
    I go first a lot. And when I first started I went first every time
  • Options
    Yeah I suppose guys...I think a person should have atleast 5 'proper' vouches before they can be trusted a bit though
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    I think it's about establishing trust and a good relationship with someone . I'd feel more comfortable doing business with someone that only has 10 vouchers that I know, vs someone with 50 vouchers that I don't know.
  • Options
    BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Well I'm going to through my opinion out there. The person willing to go first is technically the more legit person as they show no potential to scam. There for the one who goes first should have the vouch. Because going first proves your legit.
  • Options
    Hmm yeah there's always flaws in the system...I just would rather deal with the guy who gets the money first rather than the guy who gives first, partly because no one has trusted the guy who never has the money first
  • Options
    In every deal I've done I've gone first pretty much. Why. Because I'm not looking to scam. Trade or buying.
  • Options
    blowerchrome1268blowerchrome1268 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 672 Posts
    Ive said it time and time again....vouchers honestly don't mean anything..... If a person's gonna screw someone than its gonna happen. It's about integrity, yeah vouchers help assist in whether or not YOU can trust the person but they don't dictate whether they will honor the deal..... I go first most of the time, not because I trust you, but because I'm not gonna act shady and block or delete you because you won't go first....I go first because I immediately uphold my end of the bargain....by upholding yours you are no different than the person that goes first. Both play an important role in making a deal. And a legit trade is a legit trade.
  • Options
    blowerchrome1268blowerchrome1268 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 672 Posts
    Why would you not trust someone going first? You automatically get what you wanted? Where is the collective loss?
  • Options
    Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    I'm new to this forum and so far done deals with two good guys so far I'm hoping to do more deals with others in the future to get more vouches and on another note it makes no sense to be scamming when yes u get the car or the money but then u have a bad name and rep like some I've seen on here I also think i benefit better buying/selling/trading on this forum than in game to some random guy who i wouldn't know at least on here I can find info on the scammers
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    The vouch system as is now is so broken. For example someone joined last month can easier get 20-30 vouchs at the end of the month by doing small deals. Than bam! He scammed mills worth of rrc and cars. And they will keep re-creating new alts do the scam all over again.

What you guys need is a standard for beening legit trader. Example 100+ vouchs, or must be lvl 250 with at least 100,000 street credit. As this takes much longer to attend to and will promote less scammers as they will think the time they wasted on that account is not worth the one scam.

This is based on what I had went through trying to sell a turf car with a year off from forum. Scammers with 10 vouchs wants me to go first. I have no problem going first but when they bring a lvl 100 dude with 20 cars and no turf cars and 2000 street credit. I say **** off to them. As opposite, I will be glad to go first to someone with some vouchs, lvl 250, and 100k+ street credit.

Just my 2 cents for this forum.
  • Options
    FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    edited September 2015
    But on that note ^^^^ I'm a 50 50 racer. I'll never have 100k street cred. But I'm as legit as they come. I don't waste gems boosting. Some days there's nobody not boosting. Kills your street cred fast lol.
  • Options
    Caboose1744Caboose1744 Registered Users 13,341 Posts
    Agree your lvl or Sc should not matter that is based off of how much time you play
    What's up beautiful?
  • Options
    @FORREST FORREST GULP not if you take my rims
  • Options
    B3NN3LIB3NN3LI Registered Users 1,419 Posts
    It seems the higher the SC the higher the possibility of getting scammed to an extent, I have done quite a few deals with randoms and I get hit the most at about 5k SC and 40-50k SC.

I think vouches are going to have to work, unless RR comes up with a crate system that can be purchased for big trades. So accept Vouches or don't trade, it's up to the players.

Oh btw … I'm legit so just trade with me
  • Options
    LuggagemanLuggageman Registered Users 2,053 Posts
    Lvl 250 and 100k sc? Wow.
    I'm gonna be out of business soon.

I'm sitting at lvl 69 with 4.5k sc; Still legit.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @above That's why I said u can get a lot more vouchs to cover ur low lvl and sc.

Lvl and street credit do matter, as I myself have been turfing every week and get turf car everyweek. Why would I do a scam and get banned from every single top 100 team. That's the pride of a turfer. I'm talking about 750k sc here.

That's why all the scammers is trader, they can get around this vouch system on the traders within created. A better vouch system maybe?
    I'm not a trader and I will not do a bunch of small deals to accumulate vouchs.
  • Options
    Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
    Then maybe we should come up with something for the legit people
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    Ok with all do respect @TheGansgsta let's not pretend that, There is no corruption within the top 100 teams. You might be a honest racer , but everyone here knows how's the top three teams stay on top every single week,so let's keep it real for a second. Your making it sound like we aren't credible or honest just because we don't live on this game long enough to achieve the stats your saying. But that's not a reflection of my integrity, and it doesn't mean that I'm more likely to be a scammer. At the end of the day no matter what level I'm at, if make a deal and I live up to that deal, that makes me a credible person.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @holeshot, nothing is impossible in reality. But I can assure u a lvl 250 500sc vs a 10 vouch low lvl trader. The odd of who is a scammer will always favor the 10 vouch low lvl trader. I got a real example already, some trade pm and added me. Saying he got vouchs and I don't. voila, the next day he got called out for scamming.

As members here has mention all the legit turfers has gone to other groups to do trades.
    This forum need a more secure vouch system, looks like I will be jumping the bandwagon. It isn't an option right now for turfers like me.