Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Let me clear things up about turf cars and aero

Most turf cars that are a year old or more will have aero unlocked. How ever you can not change the cars appearance because there is no options. A year ago they didn't lock aero on turfs because we didn't have the generation of hacks, cheaters, and cloning we have today. The newer turfs have locks because of dupes. Old turf like c6r wrx sport, LA FRS, Tokyo FRS, Copo Camero will all show aero unlocked

Comments

• Options
    bighead6988bighead6988 Registered Users 3,619 Posts
    Thank u,ive told people this before and they acted like i was making it all up
  • Options
    NateVong02NateVong02 Registered Users 602 Posts
    Is the turf javelin top 100 suppose to be able to be bought back?
  • Options
    stonerking100stonerking100 Registered Users 2,661 Posts
    no
  • Options
    And thx for telling me because I was wondering why my nsx re top 100 has its aero unlocked
  • Options
    @NateVong02 it will have a locked bodykit too and you wont be able to matte it
  • Options
    What? How come my nsx rr is matte orange then?
  • Options
    It's not a buy back but it's got it's aero unlocked and I can matte paint it
  • Options
    ive heard that alot of the nsx rrs were duped
  • Options
    FORREST FORREST GULPFORREST FORREST GULP Registered Users 12,751 Posts
    The early nsx rr are matte paintable. The newer gens are not matte paintable.
  • Options
    BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Why don't you new gen racer do some research before throwing out dupe clone or buy back comments or claims.
  • Options
    The reason the newer turf are locked is because of the new clone problem. They didn't go back and lock older turfs. It was easier to just do it as cars came out than sort through a years worth of cars.
  • Options
    haha new gen racers? i suppose your talking about me @Bfrail next time mention me and i have heard of the nsx rr being duped when the javi blowers came out in apk
  • Options
    Not at you stoner. I'm talking to a group in general that know nothing about turf more than a year old.
  • Options
    I pretty much quit turfing a year ago.
  • Options
    oh i was around when the duce demons came out i started like 2 or 3 months before that
  • Options
    i was 2 ranks away from getting the deuce demon
  • Options
    That is when I quit turfing. Right after demon
  • Options
    thats when i started trying the most ive gotten was 50 gems tho
  • Options
    Alesha123Alesha123 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,571 Posts
    lol yeah 50 gems for me highest ever place was 102 deuce demon then more hacks cam through and scammers etc had to start 4 different accounts so far
  • Options
    Adamw35Adamw35 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 1,098 Posts
    Keep this bumped
  • Options
    LuggagemanLuggageman Registered Users 2,053 Posts
    So fact of the matter is... Since the car came out legit with unlocked bodykits and they were duped; there is no way to differentiate a legit one from a duped one in case it's bodykits are unlocked.

@Bfrail @bighead6988
  • Options
    Lol. Funny you mention that. It was the same time that the Google platform was being integrated. APK hack is a android thing. We had no clone and car dupe issues prior to google.
  • Options
    There are several cars that will have locked aero and unlocked aero. Because they are a recent turf prize but also are over a year old. Just some I know off top of my head. I'll keep adding to list as I look back in time.

Falcon V8 Supercar
    NSX RR
    93 Mustang RE
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Also cars you don't want to fall for in deals as no difference in the turf version and regular version that I am aware of. They would be listed as top 100 unwrapped turf.

FRS R-Spec
    RX7-GT Spec
    BMW Z4 (original released version was a comp car for game issues)
    Ford GT-R (also orig vers was a comp)

Will add more as I go through turf history
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    This is good stuff for the newcomers!
  • Options
    TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    My dragster has aero locked and it was my first turf car almost exactly one year ago. How much further back is the aero not locked
  • Options
    Bfrail said:

Also cars you don't want to fall for in deals as no difference in the turf version and regular version that I am aware of. They would be listed as top 100 unwrapped turf.

FRS R-Spec

RX7-GT Spec

BMW Z4 (original released version was a comp car for game issues)

Ford GT-R (also orig vers was a comp)

Will add more as I go through turf history

I've heard the top 100 rx7 spec has a paintable wing. Right? What's the difference with the scion spec?
  • Options
    @FORREST FORREST GULP none that I know of. How ever I'm still getting data together.
  • Options
    ItsMagikItsMagik Registered Users 164 Posts
    People can put a paintable wing on a Rx-7 gtspec and FRS gtspec with apk like the blower on javs