Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

New Makes

Burnout671Burnout671 Registered Users 3,975 Posts
HI RR are you guys planning on putting other makes and models like lexus, infiniti and older model cars that can be bought in the showroom? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We have plans on bringing new cars into the game, and we are still always talking to new car companies. At the end of the day, we can want all the cars in the game, but it's essentially up to the car companies.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    2010_GT_Owner2010_GT_Owner Registered Users 134 Posts

We have plans on bringing new cars into the game, and we are still always talking to new car companies. At the end of the day, we can want all the cars in the game, but it's essentially up to the car companies.

Should put Some different mustangs in the game most people with enjoy those. Example: Roush Stage 3 mustangs, Saleens, ETC.
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Alas it would be awesome. However as ryyst so eloquently put it it is up to the car companies. They have exclusive rights with certain companies as to the advertisement of some cars and others they are just very picky who gets those rights. Plus I'm sure it also depends on how much the car companies want for the rights to use that car as, while the developers if RR are obviously well off, their riches arnet infinite and they ultimitaly have to decide if they will make a profit off of that car.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Should put Some different mustangs in the game most people with enjoy those. Example: Roush Stage 3 mustangs, Saleens, ETC.
    At that point its talking to Roush and Saleen. For example, we can't have Porshe, but we do have the RWBs.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Saleen s7 would be nice.
  • Options
    Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    I just want the Mazda speed 3 hatchback , to whoop up on the evo
  • Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    Jeep cherokee 4x4 :DB)

jk, but Adding options to change more kits, would be a good add also. Everybody will prefer new cars, that's old story, but those cars you like that much, a new touch would be nice :)
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Yes. While adding cars may be difficult due to licensimg, adding body kits wouldn't seem like too much of a hassle to me. However I am not a dev so ultimately that's ryyst and them boys (and ladies) decision lol. I like the idea though tuscani
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    edited September 2015
    At least that was the flow of Nitto 1320 Legends, since adding cars required huge updates, licences, extremely testing, etc etc etc, they usually added parts on a weekly basis or sometimes a lil more, but it was a great thing, since you had a new motivation each week or update.

Or it would be great to add new parts, since that would change all the settings already made, and it would make to all the fastest one, need to re-tune, what will make the competence better on a daily basis while the fastest achieve their new records ;)

I mean, my 2 cents, just looking for ideas to improve the game and to have us the users, motivated and addicted to the game :D
  • Options
    mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
    Why is this still a racing game without a VR4 / Dodge Stealth?!?! Lol

How come its a GST, not a GSX?

Last dumb question for now- Challengers and Cuda's are identical in real life how come not in the game?
  • Options
    ParkajrParkajr Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 734 Posts
    ^mitsubishi 3000gt lol and why is it that they dont have porsche vehicles ?
  • Options
    skitlessskitless Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,280 Posts
    what about the talon that is an old tuner car and in the 80's all them hatchback tuner cars
  • Options
    skitlessskitless Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 1,280 Posts
    i personalie like to see lotus noble and audi's
  • Options
    OMGCANADAOMGCANADA Registered Users 882 Posts
    edited October 2015
    Challengers and cudas are not identical.. They have the same style body yes but many cosmetic differences such as front grill headlights tail lights etc @mopardwh
  • Options
    SlipSlip Registered Users 1,429 Posts
    How about a cf hoof and a ducktail/wing and an exposed intercooler/body kits for the Genesis (:: then maybe people would buy them
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    I want a 95 eg coupe, I know we have a hatchback version but meh. And where is my requested R30 skyline?