Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

My new hate

subarufanaticsubarufanatic Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 171 Posts
I really dislike how people make 2 of the same looking car. 1 standard and 1 maxed. Technically scamming people all the time
Also lobby jumpers. People who get higher class cars in lower lobbies :(

Comments

• Options
    bumshell211bumshell211 Registered Users 140 Posts

I really dislike how people make 2 of the same looking car. 1 standard and 1 maxed. Technically scamming people all the time

Also lobby jumpers. People who get higher class cars in lower lobbies :(

The cure for lobby jumping is to unfriend and ignore anyone who adds you who is not a friend of yours or apart of your team. I unfriend people instantly when they add me without even saying hi or hello

• Options
    K1TTENSK1TTENS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,066 Posts
    Me to @bumshell211
  • Options
    mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
    That doesn't work because they could friend anyone in the lobby
  • Options
    Gear Slammer 85Gear Slammer 85 Registered Users 878 Posts
    I have twin challenger hellcats. One at 1650 the other 1669 i used to use this setup because i loved racing the 1650 lobbys with my 1650 hellcat, and hated the jumpers!
    So when i ran across a lobby jumper i would grab the 1669 twin and challenge them again! No pinks maybe a couple bucks if they deemed necessary, it worked awsome for chasing off jumpers unless they had a car higher than my max hellcat than it was pointless.
    So i don't hate the twin setup i used it. But in a good manner! Had them a long time, but thats because like i said i didn't use them to scam so no pinks. Just used them to chase off lobby jumpers ;) worked pretty good to!
  • Options
    I do the same thing actually. I prefer racing the lower lobby's apposed to R's, because there are usually more cars with the same rating, not some maxed A-hole pinks every time. Of course those are in every lobby
  • Options
    ckeanemckeanem Registered Users 6 Posts
    I started unfriending everyone the other night when I realized a jumper may have joined me. I had 70 friends! I don't remember getiing 70 notifications! Anyway, they can still jump by using someone else. I just give a shout out to the lobby that so-and-so is 16xx. It sends other higher lvl jumpers after them and alerts my fair racing peeps about their status. They get less races and most leave rather soon. The other added benefit is that other jumpers see me narc and avoid racing me. I suggest everyone do this when they run into jumpers. That said, if someone is one or two lvls higher and is not betting/raising/pinking, I just ignore them. Its the ones that are 5-15 lvls higher that will bet/raise/pink you that I sound off on. Really, everyone should do this...some lobbies are 60% jumpers some nights!
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Yeah i had the same last night- racing a guy in 1640 lobby in one of my buicks- raced him and beat him in his 1640 evo, next thing i know he challenges me again,so i raise to pinks- his car looks the same- turns out he's switched to a 1662- same colour,no aero kit,same rims.
    Bye bye buick!! Lol the fukkkker!
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    @Big p that kind of crap pisses me off all the time.. i quit pinking in the lobbies due to that very reason.. and why i am taking a lil break from the game again..
  • Options
    MaxximusPrime2120MaxximusPrime2120 Registered Users 4 Posts
    I'll just sit in lobby with no damage/stress car and race everyone. Than I call people out who are lobby jumping. You'll be amazed at how fast they leave once somebody calls them out.
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    @MaxximusPrime2120 i have done that on several occasions, and i had people arguing with me that the lobbies are not set up like that, and they are not lobby jumping. they are simply in the lobby they got put into. but if that's the case how can a 63 be in a lobby where my car was a 38.. yeah i know better..
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Here is my issue with the people who cry about this..

Racer A gets a race from Racer B
    Racer A smokes Racer B and gets a bid head
    Racer B races Racer A again but this time Racer A raises for slips knowing they can easily win
    Racer B is using a different car and hands Racer A his ass
    Racer A runs to the forums to talk shit about Racer B

In reality the greed of Racer A is to blame.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I follow a basic rule involving the act of pinking and betting.

Never do it in the public lobby, only ever in turf or showdown
  • Options
    null