Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Nitto Legends

2Next

Comments

• JuanmaTuscaniJuanmaTuscani Registered Users 1,091 Posts
    I bet that if they bring back Nitto it will make more money than RR. Well, if they keep it running "like it supposed to run" !!!!!

I invested so much money !!!! and I know of people who did invest a huuuuuuge amount of $$$$$$$$$

#NittoLegends1320
  • JamesGJamesG Registered Users 815 Posts
    edited September 2015
    If they made a better Nitto, like a 3D game, more simulating than just drive straight on rails. Then put it on Steam, and PS Store, and XBL Marketplace as free to play - then they will make a lot more than RR is making.

The amount of people who play Forza and Gran Turismo to just tune cars and drag race, there is a big market there.
    JamesG when I get billionaire, I will hire you to make a street racing game. On the meanwhile lets just talk crap lmao !

JamesG when I get billionaire, I will hire you to make a street racing game. On the meanwhile lets just talk crap lmao !

If I knew how to make a **** game, we'd have 1320 Champions by now
  • SpencerSpencer Registered Users 294 Posts
    edited September 2015
    <font color="Darkorange"> Silly noobs.. Nitto was never about the gameplay. It was the community that made it fun. </font>

Spencer said:

Silly noobs.. Nitto was never about the gameplay. It was the community that made it fun.

It was very fun. The game play and the rooms were a good times... and forums were very loaded :wink:
    Spencer said:

Silly noobs.. Nitto was never about the gameplay. It was the community that made it fun.

Damn right, the trolling and flaming, or just chilling and talking shit. Racing was always just a side thing. That's what it was all about, the community. The community which RR doesn't have and never will have.
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    I think they made this game knowing they didn't want the community to be the same as it was in Nitto. We were wild fucks that would revolt and bitch about a lot of things. Since the games community was linked to the forums it was a lot more connected then this game and this forum which are separate.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko

I think they made this game knowing they didn't want the community to be the same as it was in Nitto. We were wild fucks that would revolt and bitch about a lot of things. Since the games community was linked to the forums it was a lot more connected then this game and this forum which are separate.

LMFAO. Oh right, I forgot about the bitching and abusing Admins. :D

• FamousGilbertFamousGilbert Registered Users 69 Posts
    I miss the nitto forums more than the game it self lmao.
    1320 legends for life!

• HowDoesLastTasteHowDoesLastTaste Registered Users 1 Posts
    Nitto is life guess I'm about to die lol

Nitto is life guess I'm about to die lol

Nitto is larger than life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jkH7An7dKk
    hahaha Nitto will never die !!! lol

Will be always with you !
  • Diabl0Diabl0 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Spencer, Sesko, Mike, etc... WTF are you guys playing now?

Diablo/Villy
    come back nitto!!!
    1320 legends for life!

• [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Ah Nitto.... the game with so many issues, hackers and what not. You think we have issues in RR with hackers? Nitto was 10x worse... and didn't make us money so, unfortunately, that's why it was closed.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

edited February 2016

Ah Nitto.... the game with so many issues, hackers and what not. You think we have issues in RR with hackers? Nitto was 10x worse... and didn't make us money so, unfortunately, that's why it was closed.

The funny thing is that had the team paid more attention to it in the past couple of years and fixed the issues as they appeared, then everybody wouldn't have left the game and it would've probably still been making money or at least matching the costs. But you know, the parts stealer hack was active for a year or so, which is what ultimately drove the nobody players to leave.

I remember back in 2011, there'd be like 50 rooms in the Rivals Strip section, all full of players, but after the hacks came and it came clear that the development team didn't give a crap, everybody left and the game was dead.

What would your studio think of letting the old Nitto community take over the Nitto project? Of course I'll probably have to re-brand it and remove anything which requires licensing to make it all legal... ;) Since there are so many issues and no money to be made... Idk, might just run it private with friends, or put my http://dragcentral.net or http://racers-lounge.com sites to use.

What would a massively outdated and broken flash game be worth anyway?
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    JamesG said:

The funny thing is that had the team paid more attention to it in the past couple of years and fixed the issues as they appeared, then everybody wouldn't have left the game and it would've probably still been making money or at least matching the costs. But you know, the parts stealer hack was active for a year or so, which is what ultimately drove the nobody players to leave.

I remember back in 2011, there'd be like 50 rooms in the Rivals Strip section, all full of players, but after the hacks came and it came clear that the development team didn't give a crap, everybody left and the game was dead.

What would your studio think of letting the old Nitto community take over the Nitto project? Of course I'll probably have to re-brand it and remove anything which requires licensing to make it all legal... ;) Since there are so many issues and no money to be made... Idk, might just run it private with friends, or put my http://dragcentral.net or http://racers-lounge.com sites to use.

What would a massively outdated and broken flash game be worth anyway?
    I came to Cie at the tail end of Nitto. All I know is when our devs tried to fix things, people would break it almost immediately after we updated the game so unfortunately became more costly to try and fix things than it was making.

As for running it, I don't even think it's a Glu game. Would be Cie Digital since Nitto closed before Glu acquired us. Not sure how that works. We wouldn't be able to release anything due to license agreements... especially with Nitto Tires.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

I came to Cie at the tail end of Nitto. All I know is when our devs tried to fix things, people would break it almost immediately after we updated the game so unfortunately became more costly to try and fix things than it was making.

As for running it, I don't even think it's a Glu game. Would be Cie Digital since Nitto closed before Glu acquired us. Not sure how that works. We wouldn't be able to release anything due to license agreements... especially with Nitto Tires.

Ah I see. So you're saying that the product itself might be exclusive to CIE, and ownership cannot be transferred to another party even if all the branding was removed due to that agreement? That would make perfect sense if it were the case. :(

I wasn't talking about Glu running it anyway... I was talking about the ol' community running it privately. I.E: Me, and some of the guys. lol
    where are you guys at??
    1320 legends for life!

edited March 2017

where are you guys at??

We're all on Facebook now: https://www.facebook.com/groups/RIPNitto

Bruh, I saw a comment on a video on YouTube made by someone with the name "Famous Gilbert" with your avatar a few weeks ago. I replied to it but you didn't reply back. :(

Sorry for the late reply in this thread, I don't come on these forums much anymore.
  • Akw1320Akw1320 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I know this is an old Thread, I stumbled at a racing game and it made me think of the Nitto 1320 Racing/Nitto 1320 Legends game I played, was a mod in...etc. Memories, Redline Dreams. All my peeps I ran with, 04stiwrx, WorstDriver, BadDriver, 97eclipse, Hybrid, sp racer...etc list goes on. Sorry if I forgot people. 😂. Anyways only reason I played for as long as I did was the community, other then that the game was crap. Always something wrong with it. And tbh no one could tell me there wasn’t. From bugs, to Glitchers, hackers...etc CIE tried many times to fix the game to only make it worse or easier to hack. Now if GLU came out with a game that kinda resembles Nitto and RR in one; now that would be cool and I could see myself playing that. Anyways it’s always good to say hi and bye to my fellow Nitto peeps. ✌️