Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

After contacting support, still have the black screen issue after the NITTO screen...

KDAZKDAZ Registered Users 96 Posts
edited November 2016 in Android Bug Reports
Support has done nothing I haven't already done. Yes, delete the game, re-install and even so far as to reset my tablet to factory specs AND reinstall the game. What gives?? I mean there can't only be two "Nextbook Ares 8" quad-core tablets having this issue. Contacted eFun and they've verified my tablet should be able to run RR, in fact they asked me to download another app from GLU....I did, it runs seamlessly!!

Comments

• [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    This is an issue with the specific Asus version of lolipop installed on these devices. Other people with this same issue have been able to play again by contacting Asus support to roll back their OS version.
  • mykyllmykyll Registered Users 9 Posts
    I too have a nextbook ares 8. I was able to play RR very well until just before the WWE event. There was an update to the game and I have been unable to use the tablet since. Loads to the Nitto screen, goes black.... No fix or resolution as of yet im aware of
    See above, please look into rolling back your lolipop as this as worked for nearly all players with this issue.
  • KDAZKDAZ Registered Users 96 Posts
    So, instead of fixing the issue with thousands of people who run Lollipop 5.0, you expect the customer to roll back their OS? Talk about a bunch of monkeys...YOU people really think that, that is the proper fix? Not YOUR programmers fixing what they've obviously screwed up? Makes good business sense on your end, makes NO sense on the customers side. Maybe that's why your cracking down on people who are selling money and cars....because your company is so poorly run. This should be interesting...
    The problem is with a custom lolipop OS on certain devices and is NOT a fault of the game.

The problem is with a custom lolipop OS on certain devices and is NOT a fault of the game.

Really? "CUSTOM" Lollipop??? LOL

Lets just say this; my tablets both have an Intel processor and Intel states that the people whom write the codes for the game are responsible for any software not being compatible. Funny how all of your other games run flawlessly on these tabs. So please enlighten us as to what course of action is being taken to rectify this problem? How is it always the customer is always wrong with you guys at GLU? Offer wall says triple payouts, I'll be damned if I've ever completed an offer and actually been paid 3 x's the gems!! Any insight into that one? Oh wait, contact FIVER and they'll tell us that, "it's a risk you take when completing the offer."
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    edited October 2015
    KDAZ said:

So, instead of fixing the issue with thousands of people who run Lollipop 5.0, you expect the customer to roll back their OS? Talk about a bunch of monkeys...YOU people really think that, that is the proper fix? Not YOUR programmers fixing what they've obviously screwed up? Makes good business sense on your end, makes NO sense on the customers side. Maybe that's why your cracking down on people who are selling money and cars....because your company is so poorly run. This should be interesting...

Thousands yet only 3 posts..

There is a solution to this issue that has been shared even by a fellow racer as seen below

Best os is jellybean or ios 8.4.1,try and black screen gone

Why is this the case? Who knows. But why sit around complaining about it when there is a solution that will fix the issue now?
    KDAZ said:

Lets just say this; my tablets both have an Intel processor and Intel states that the people whom write the codes for the game are responsible for any software not being compatible. Funny how all of your other games run flawlessly on these tabs. So please enlighten us as to what course of action is being taken to rectify this problem? How is it always the customer is always wrong with you guys at GLU? Offer wall says triple payouts, I'll be damned if I've ever completed an offer and actually been paid 3 x's the gems!! Any insight into that one? Oh wait, contact FIVER and they'll tell us that, "it's a risk you take when completing the offer."

Really? "no 3x gems?"

I've taken advantage of the 3x gems many times over. I have the knives, dvds and multiple other items to prove it. For a few bucks you can easily get a ton of gems that would otherwise cost you a bunch of cash. Also when it comes to contacting "FIVER" which is really Fyber.. they are normally on point as seen here..

www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
    Yes, certain manufacturers have custom versions of Android they put on devices, this particular one is the cause of the problem you are experiencing. Again, it has nothing to do with the game.
    edited October 2015
    There is no way for me to "roll back" my OS on Nextbook Ares 8 as lollipop 5.0 came installed. there is no earlier version. there is also no updated version for it either. It worked just fine for 3 months before the WWE update. no changes to my tablet, change to game....So it has EVERYTHING to do with the game.
    Call support, they can help you install a previous version.
  • thegh0sttthegh0stt Registered Users 2 Posts
    edited October 2015
    first off, I created a account solely to respond to this thread as I came across it trying to come up with a solution to my own black screen and let me just say, haha, what a load of bub-kus.
    KDAZ said:

same, intel processor also. see my more detailed response below the bull.

also, I can vouch for never receiving 3X the gems. for watching ad's, yes those work. for customer offers such as downloading and launching apps and/or completing tutorials, never. IF they work I get a regular payout nothing more. I believe this is what you are referring to also. if not my mistake.

false. just deflection. you say it because you can and to protect the game. EVERY OTHER GAME works withOUT issue. I got a tablet so I could quit losing my games when my phone has an issue. of course then comes to find one one lone game won't launch on the tablet I chose. mind you one of the best tablets out for the price and with some very nice hardware. an ASUS ZenTab 8.

let's see,
    WWE Immortals = check (works)
    DC's Injustice Gods Among Us=check (works)
    Summoners War=check (works)
    Soul Seekers=check (works)
    Star Wars Commander=check (works)
    Nitro Nation=check (works)
    Drag Racing=check (works)

and a few more but you get the point unless you're gonna stay in denial. which game doesn't work? seems the pattern shows that the OS is fine and the flaw lies elsewhere. or did all the "other" games just get lucky? oh, I know, ASUS doesn't like Racing Rivals so they singled out this one single game and threw in a flaw to keep it from working right? (*please note sarcasm for those it's not obvious to*) that soo must be it and makes sense doesn't it?

I mean how can you even logically deny the flaw isn't in the game? seriously. don't just say it. back it up because the evidence is against Racing Rivals.

futher evidence, when I launch the game is never actually initiates a download. the screen goes black before that. it downloads as about a 37MB app then expands (I believe since I see no download) to 70 something MBs. then nothing. I even went as far as to copy my install directory from my phone to the new tablets (which took forever for only 1.47GBs). now when I go to apps and check Racing Rivals it actually says the data is over 1GB just like on the phone so it is reading the copied data. however still doesn't launch. just initial splash screen then black.

Yes, certain manufacturers have custom versions of Android they put on devices, this particular one is the cause of the problem you are experiencing. Again, it has nothing to do with the game.

dude. give it up. you know who makes a plain jane flavor of Android? GOOGLE. do your homework. if it's not a nexus or something straight from Google it IS A CUSTOM ANDROID OS. any or most manufacturers who aren't google customizes android to some degree. HTC, ASUS, Samsung, etc. probably started by requirements of wireless companies but definitely carried over.
    mykyll said:

There is no way for me to "roll back" my OS on Nextbook Ares 8 as lollipop 5.0 came installed. there is no earlier version. there is also no updated version for it either. It worked just fine for 3 months before the WWE update. no changes to my tablet, change to game....So it has EVERYTHING to do with the game.

exactly. ASUS ZenPads don't come pre-lollipop. there is no roll back. ridiculous answer. you might as well have it tagged that the device isn't supported and disable the download. I've seen that on plenty of apps in the market place. Racing Rivals doesn't have this tag. it is there for download. also it is NOT tagged as "only works in special circumstances" which I have NEVER scene. never seen a tag that states "might work" or one that states "app works if you rollback your OS". another bogus answer.

see above. they can't because it doesn't exist for an ASUS ZenPad. probably the samething for the other user.

smh. and here I thought I might find some actual help to the issue. not slants and deflections. wish I had known before hand app doesn't work on certain devices. guess all roads lead to a dead end for now.

All other players that have been instructed to call Asus support and request assistance going back to a previous android OS have had this fix their problem.

Yes, different manufacturers put their own custom versions of the Android OS on products. This is a common occurrence.
  • thegh0sttthegh0stt Registered Users 2 Posts

All other players that have been instructed to call Asus support and request assistance going back to a previous android OS have had this fix their problem.

Yes, different manufacturers put their own custom versions of the Android OS on products. This is a common occurrence.

again. more rhetoric without any research. try actually researching before typing a generic answer please. it would be MORE HELPFUL.

most likely you are speaking of ASUS MeMO Pads which are similar but came/come with Android 4.4. or possible Transformer Pads (doubtful) or ASUS Nexus (highly doubtful since it's a google product) or something other older ASUS tablet. the MeMO Pad however similar is NOT a ZenPad. therefore making your response moot and pointless for those of us with such tablets.

just one of them (not going to list them all as there are several models in each product line:
    https://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/ASUS_MeMO_Pad_8_ME181C/specifications/
    (please note the OS - for those who don't click it is 4.4 KitKat)

https://www.asus.com/us/Tablets/ASUS_ZenPad_S_80_Z580C/specifications/
    (please note the OS - 5.0 Lollipop is what it comes with and what it STILL HAS. there is NOTHING TO GO BACK TO)

also to make note again, requiring a DOWNGRADE in OS suggest your app is not compatible with devices it lists that it is. the google play market is designed for app designers to be able to implement requirements so that apps can be listed as not compatible when requirements are not met. my device came with 5.0 Lollipop and you're claiming it needs a down grade that doesn't exist. your app specs should note & detect through google play market the device and OS and list as not compatible as others do. it doesn't. that alone suggests it should work AS IS.

Funny that my "custom version" of lollipop worked just fine previous to the update that came at time of the WWE event...yet stopped working the day I installed the game update. There was no update for my nextbook ares 8 at that time, or anytime as of yet., just Racing Rivals updated..and my tablet became useless.
    I called tech support, and there is no way that the 2 people i spoke with could find to install another version of android to my tablet.
    Events suggest that the game update was/is the issue, regardless of your admittance to it.

KDAZ said:

Thousands yet only 3 posts..

There is a solution to this issue that has been shared even by a fellow racer as seen below

Best os is jellybean or ios 8.4.1,try and black screen gone

Why is this the case? Who knows. But why sit around complaining about it when there is a solution that will fix the issue now?

Really??? Only 3 posts? You must be in the pockets of GLU too...simple answer to a simple question...none posted. Does anyone who responds here know how to write code? Nooooo....but your the first ones to let your fingers do more than your brain.

FIX THE DAMN GAME!!!! There's NOTHING wrong with the tablets...nothing wring with any BS "custom Lollipop"....are you that stupid to try and push that off??

Um.. NO they cant... as this tablet has no previous version, and worked just fine for months until the GAME was updated.

• pda3pda3 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I don't play racing rivals. I have an ares8 and was doing a search on games not loading because there are TWO games from TWO different developers that are NOT from this racing rivaslsd game...and those 2 games are doing the same thing I see written here for racing rivals. I don't know who's to blame between all the parties, but I do find it hard to believe the developers of 3 different games are all in cahoots to single out 1 tablet with 1 type of OS....maybe try a broader search about your tablet and you might find it is NOT just this one game and one developer with the issue.
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    #necrobump
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
    The game now downloads and works properly with the 5,0 update to Racing Rivals.....congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
    #anothernecrobump
    Welp...had 5.3 on it and worked ok, then the force update came,it updated and worked, but was laggy. Was "suggested" that I reinstall the app, well...nothing but another black screen. Go to the Play Store and attempt to download and get the message, "Your device is not compatible with this version." Are you effing serious... while the identical tablet works fine on 6.0, care to explain this!? Both tablets are on the same firmware and version of Lollipop.
    #andanothernecrobump
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts

#andanothernecrobump

Hi everyone, I'm just starting to look at this thread and I do think the fix we're working on will get you back up and running. As Sparkle said though, there can be issues with custom manufacturer OS versions. That may or may not end up being the case here. We understand your frustration and we are sorry to have put you all through this. As I've said in many other places on this forum, we are literally working around the clock to get you all running as close to pre 6.0 as possible. I do encourage you all to open CS tickets for your issues and you can also send direct messages to me - I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

My goal since I've started communicating here with you call is to be as transparent and open as I can be. I will answer any and all questions as best I can.
    Fixed it actually, copied the file from one to the other. ;)
  • DownShiftDownShift Registered Users 304 Posts
    KDAZ said:

Fixed it actually, copied the file from one to the other. ;)

I'm glad you were able to fix this, we haven't seen any other reports of this problem yet so hopefully its an isolated occurrence.