Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Autobans, hackers and bears... oh my!

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
Reposted from Facebook

Look, none of us here at Glu like hackers. They may our jobs more difficult and less fun because we have to fight them instead of making awesome things.

However, just because something looks weird, doesn't automatically mean some one is guilty. We as a company need to be very sure that we ban someone who is guilty, not someone who may be guilty because it looks like it.

Hackers are not idiots. They improve their cheats and hacks everytime we change something. They will make it hard for their programs to be detected. So no, nothing is really as clear cut as it may seem like it should be. We play within the realm of possibilities. Is it possible to get a 0.000 RT? If the answer was "no", then we'd have a simple go at it. Just ban those players. Unfortunately, our investigations led us to the fact that, it is possible. As technology has improved, so has the processing power of phones. So reaction times have improved along with the tech. Can someone use a hack to get the same results? Yes. Can we actually determine the difference between a really good player and a hack? Not that simple. Hackers are good at hiding their tracks.. thats what they do. What we do is try and figure out how they do it, and see if we can stop it. Which is what are devs are currently busy doing. It's not simple. We're not the only ones who have to deal with hacks. Almost any game out there has hack sites. Businesses get hacked all the time, Even the big companies get hacked. If there was a simple solution, hackers wouldn't exist. That is not the world we live in. Hackers will always be there and people will need to fight them, Welcome to the digital age of crime and chaos.

We understand that a lot of you do things in this game that were unintended and are pretty much harmless. Such as moving cars from your 1 account to another one of your accounts. We accept that there is a black marke that we cannot stop. Sales and trades will be made. Unfortunately we don't recognize that as normal game play and we will not treat that as such. So when we devise means of detering account abuse and cheating, we don't have abnormal gaming play in mind. We set our ban detection for normal game play as determined by observing our top players behavior. We try and set the thresholds at the point where those top players will not trigger them. So, if you play normally, you shouldn't trigger these bans.

Unfortunately, things like moving cash and cars from one account to the other also looks like a thief stealing cars and cash. We dont differentiate. Both activities are abnormal. So yes, if you do these things, it is very possible for you to trigger autobans.

We don't tell you these thresholds because that would give thieves and cheaters a limit. X times is okay. I won't get in trouble. That is not the intention.

We also can change the threshold whenever we want. This keeps them from knowing for sure what is the limit. Our purpose is to deter abuse.

Also, no, I (Ryyst) don't make money off hackers and modders and I don't give out event information to anyone. People have tried, but I don't.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Comments

• Options
    Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    0.000 comes from anticipating the light.
  • Options
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Obviously old but there you go.
  • Options
    SkeeroSkeero Registered Users 170 Posts
    Funny how ryst of all people posts this. Same person who's friends with the maker of the mods on Facebook. Now this isn't a personal account it's a Racing Rivals exclusive made account.

So how do we know as a community you do not leak info to him as info is leaked to RRU? Info being leaked to RRU hurts the company causing them to lose money. The maker of the mods supports RRU.

Truthfully this wreaks of fishiness, and it seems like you're accepting the hacking side of this community. Actually more like you're embarrassing the cheats.

It's honestly disgusting the way the community is being treated with complete disrespect by you.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

Old Woman said:

0.000 comes from anticipating the light.

Say it ones agen even anticipating the lights it's not humanly posble there all ways going to be that lag bween the Brian and finger hell I put up 100k real cash saying not one person on RR can pull a legit 0.00 off
    With all due respect sir, When i played on FB through my computer, I could consistently hit 0.001,2 or 3 easily, when i was in the groove. I have pretty much quit, since i can't do as well on my tablet. I do still get on and have fun though, but GLU will never see another dime from me. Killed computer use (FB app) , all the hacker problems, glitches, na not worth my money.

I have seen a guy, Local on his phone, knock off 7 0.001's in a row followed by 7 runs ranging from 0.002-0.009. Old woman is right anticipating the light is the secret
  • Options
    I could probably find a few race screenshots too just need to go through my files.
  • Options
    RR FLAMERR FLAME Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 113 Posts
    Coding and stopping hacks is not nearly as easy as you think. You think they can just type a few words and stop a hack, no. It's hard work bro. It's complicated, but people never think about that
  • Options
    bdevil15bdevil15 Registered Users 43 Posts
    Thats hilarious that you dont think that a human brain can get a 0.000 reaction time through anticipation. Its not like the light is random and this is a true reaction. It is a timed inevitable event which can be reliably anticipated.

I do however think that querying a suspected hackers race info and seeing an average RT of 0.000 over several races would be an obvious indication of using a hack. Yes maybe one 0.000 is a possibility, but doing so consistently verges on impossibility without a hack.
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Skeero said:

Funny how ryst of all people posts this. Same person who's friends with the maker of the mods on Facebook. Now this isn't a personal account it's a Racing Rivals exclusive made account.

So how do we know as a community you do not leak info to him as info is leaked to RRU? Info being leaked to RRU hurts the company causing them to lose money. The maker of the mods supports RRU.

Truthfully this wreaks of fishiness, and it seems like you're accepting the hacking side of this community. Actually more like you're embarrassing the cheats.

It's honestly disgusting the way the community is being treated with complete disrespect by you.

Ryyst posted this because he is the community manager.

RRU doesn't get info leaked to them by Ryyst or any of the community managers who works for GLU, you have no idea what the **** your talking about. The things that RRU posts in no way what so ever hurt GLU. We give people a heads up to prepare for the turf wars that are coming as well as sneak peeks into the items that you can pull from the crates before you go and spend money on them, nothing more or less.

The only thing fishy about any of this is the fact that you would think that Ryyst is accepting the "hacking" side of this community. He works his ass off to try and get the things that affect this game fixed and dumbasses like you continue to harass and call him out like he is doing nothing. When the truth of the matter is he is doing everything HE can to help make this game better.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts

Got to stop you there it is inposble to get a 0.00 RT the human Brian can't react that fast there is a 0.5 mills second delay bewen or brain think to press lanch and finger doing what thay told not even the shapes athletes in the world have a 0.00 brain RT

And as far as cheating going yous love them that's why you pretect serton ones

I got to stop you there, this has nothing to do with your "Brian".

Your phone can't make this happen not your brain. If you put this game on blue stacks or another emulator on a good computer with a powerful processor you CAN hit a .000.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Got to stop you there it is inposble to get a 0.00 RT the human Brian can't react that fast there is a 0.5 mills second delay bewen or brain think to press lanch and finger doing what thay told not even the shapes athletes in the world have a 0.00 brain RT

And as far as cheating going yous love them that's why you pretect serton ones

Kenny.... seriously. No we don't like cheating. There is no good reason for us to like cheating. It causes us endless amounts of work to fight and to keep telling people like you that we don't support or like cheating. Until you run your own multiplatform true multiplayer mobile game and have to deal with cheating, hackers and people like you how apparently love this game but can't stop spreading false rumors and false information and have that game run perfectly for close 3 plus years, then you really don't understand what it takes to run Racing Rivals.

Do not take our slowish cadence of updates as "accepting" cheating. I let you back onto the forums Kenny, even though you add nothing but lies and false assumptions to the community because you begged me to. Watch what lies you spread, you're on a thin line.

You can believe what you want about .000rts. The fact is, it is possible.

• Options
    bdevil15 said:

Thats hilarious that you dont think that a human brain can get a 0.000 reaction time through anticipation. Its not like the light is random and this is a true reaction. It is a timed inevitable event which can be reliably anticipated.

I do however think that querying a suspected hackers race info and seeing an average RT of 0.000 over several races would be an obvious indication of using a hack. Yes maybe one 0.000 is a possibility, but doing so consistently verges on impossibility without a hack.

Guess what one of the Autobans checks for....

• Options
    Skeero said:

You want to know who I "friend" on Facebook? Someone asks... I accept. Or at least I did in the beginning. I'd say 90% of the people who are "friends" with me are people I don't know or have even spoken to. So its possible I am friends with hackers/modders/scammers. I'm also probably friends with all sorts of people i have no other connection to. Ryyst isn't my personal account. So I simply just started accepting friend requests from anyone as I assumed I was friending someone who simply played the game.

I can tell you, the people I do talk to on Facebook, some of them ask me straight up constantly what the events are before hand. They can tell you, I never tell them. I know very well that people data mine the game to get this info early. So if they really want it, then can find it, but I won't tell them.

How am I disrespecting the community? By providing info? By defending the company? By clearing up false rumors and mis-information? How are you helping the community? By spreading rumors? By accusing our staff of things they aren't guilty of? By making sure the other players are ill informed about matters? If anything, you are disrespecting the very people that are trying to make things better, that are trying to fight the very things you are accusing us of doing. Cheating doesn't help the game, hacking doesn't help the game. It certainly doesn't make us money, since we have to pour resources into fighting it instead of using those resources to improve the game.

I've said from the beginning that I will always be honest with this community. I understand that you need to make me into the bad guy, I accept that people will not like me simply because I'm the "voice" of Glu. You can believe that if you want, but know that you are doing nothing but hurting the community by helping propagate these false accusations.

I'd like you to also understand that not only am I the voice of Glu, but I'm also the voice of the players. While I bear the brunt of all the negativity aimed at Glu, I still go to our team and tell them what you are all thinking and saying. Sometimes with the same fervor that you all show me.

So tell me again, how I disrespect the community?

• Options
    iHighiHigh Registered Users 547 Posts
    No game hack-proof. I would have to say that compared to what I was experiencing with that Facebook bullshit etc etc @Ryyst and his team has come a long way. I use bluestacks because I like playing on a computer and yes 0.000 is possible I never knew why until I read @eXxPLoSiOn comment about the computer processor. Now it wouldn't be every race, but maybe on a real good streak I can do 0.000 every 30-40 races and sometimes I could do a back to back. Now I have a folder full of pinks wins and loses and 1000 point crushes etc etc etc lol a few of them are 0.000 you have to filter through to find them, but literally I have hundreds and hundreds of crushes recorded and lost turf pinks to where if reviewed you will see no questions that they are legit as I have lost awesome cars too lol.

Anyway every time I'd get a 0.000 lobby would blow up " HACKER HACKER HACKER " so I'm really glad this has been addressed. It probably din't help that I bought a glitched blue carbon zonda, but oh well, looks cool lol. Not to mention when you look at my name IGN: iKrush you will see how much google play I spent on just gems.

This is for all you hating cock suckers who called me IGN: iKRUSH a hacker. As you can see the man himself does not discriminate towards bluestacks and even after my team gave me an ultimatum to drop bluestacks or peace obviously I was not going to give up bluestacks as bluestacks is just an emulator and much better to play especially for turfs when you want to hit 60k+. So I left with no regret.
  • Options
    iHighiHigh Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited October 2015
    Obviously it was a much longer story as to why I left, but short version because I hit 0.000 ~ Real legit guys who pride themselves on NOT cheating and NOT racing cheaters, but literally because some leader off some reputable team accused me all hell broke loose. I was on a reputable team too, a lot of the top teams stay close politically and weed out cheaters which is good, I just happen to get the wrong end of it when I was innocent and to this day will preach my innocence lol. Very happy this 0.000rt has been addressed.
  • Options
    Fearless RivalFearless Rival Registered Users 158 Posts
    While I may have acknowledged the RR community believing that Glu supported scamming and hacking, I have never officially accepted the fact that you guys really did.

But my question here is, why haven't we got a fix for the crashing issues yet? Even though my IPod may not run as good as it did when I first got it, theres one game I recently installed on my IPod Touch called Nitro Nation and that game runs pretty well and has really great graphics despite a few frame rate drops. Just looking at Racing Rivals, it looks like it can run better on my IPod than what it is right now. Its not our IOS or Android devices or whatever that is the problem. Its the game that needs to be fixed. Never have I played a game on my IPod that has crashed this much.

Nobody won't be waiting until Half-Life 3 to get confirmed before the crashing issues gets fixed. I'm sorry if I may have put too much pressure with you guys on this kind of topic. i've put in quite some money on this game and would hate to leave Racing Rivals for good.
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    interesting, i play this game on my iphone 6, and it has never crashed on me yet. i see people posting about it crashing. i wonder why it does not crash on my iphone 6, but it does everybody else's device..