Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

test lobby/lobby rating

thikprikthikprik Registered Users 22 Posts
As I sit here and tune cars, I constantly wonder what lobby it's going to put me in. Sure, the rating says 56, then when showdown or turf wars comes up, I'm in the 63 lobby. Sometimes all I need to do is she'd a few pounds. Other times, it could be up to 15 hp and 10 pounds. That much difference can really thro off the power/weight ratio. I've seen 3 different tunes that run the same time for the same car. Power/weight completely different on each tune. All tunes put in same lobby. Now that I have wasted 3 days and numerous gems tuning these cars, and not to mention the engine damage and boosts wasted to test my tune, I am still in the wrong lobby, or worse yet, in the right lobby running .5 seconds slower than everyone else.
Now I'm not a game creator and have zero clue how it's done, but I have pushed for some sort of a test lobby. Something that is set up like turf lobbies. No lobby jumpers are able to get in. No engine damage, use boost but not lose any boost, no betting. Just a lobby that tells what your rating will be when you get to turf time.
I'm sure that the creators could do this quite simply. Glu is already making good money off of us and we all feel that's all Glu wants, notice the release of the new BMW, 1000's of dollars spent for gems to buy the new crates. WWE crates, same thing. Tournaments, what a wasted idea. Pissin too many people off, yet they don't fix the issue. Would the test lobby make any money for glu? No. So will it happen? Probably not. But maybe if we, the players, get enough people talkin about this, maybe, just maybe, Glu will take interest and figure out a way to make this happen. It will probably cost a few gems to use it for a set amount of time, but hey, they need to make some money off the idea.

Comments

• Options
    JACK POLLARDJACK POLLARD Registered Users 315 Posts
    Ultimately that's what it all comes down to for glu, money. It's easy enough to look up the revenue this game pulls in for them, and it's truly astounding. Don't expect any action from them towards something like this; unlike the crates, it won't make them any money so they will have no interest in Putting fourth the effort to create it. Their only concern is profit, and based on my own experience recently, you'll get no appreciation for that either.
  • Options
    MAXIMUS888MAXIMUS888 Registered Users 36 Posts
    Or they could just get the damn rating right in the garage. If it says 56 you get put in the 56 lobby. Put simply, it's a bug that should be fixed properly.
  • Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    there are a few tricks to checking lobbies. So if you want at 56 lobby tune the car close to 56 then add one part at a time and after each part check the track # against another car that you have that you know is a 56. Then when you end up in a different track take off the last part you installed. Its not fool proof but its the best way I have found. It a learning curve you have to play with it a lot, but if you want a good tune thats what you have to do.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    Dozerboy said:

there are a few tricks to checking lobbies. So if you want at 56 lobby tune the car close to 56 then add one part at a time and after each part check the track # against another car that you have that you know is a 56. Then when you end up in a different track take off the last part you installed. Its not fool proof but its the best way I have found. It a learning curve you have to play with it a lot, but if you want a good tune thats what you have to do.

Pretty much what i do, though a test track for gauging the rating would be nice
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    "check the track # against another "

How do you check the track #?
  • Options
    Yes dozerboy, I agree there are ways around the bug and I use something similar, but it's still a bug that should be fixed. If your car says 56 it should go into the 56 lobby! It's just sloppy programming. Just like the weight in the upgrade screens being 5lb from the main garage screen, parts being in different orders depending on the car, the turf/showdown ranking leaderboard not updating unless you restart, team message board not updating unless you restart, part installs being stuck on 0secs, part install messages cycling over and over if if you close down game and come back, and I could go on for a while with more bugs..... Everywhere you look, the code is sloppy and buggy. It's just frustrating, that's all.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    fugyea - if you are checking a 56 tune, take a 55 car into multiplayer and if you are at track C957 (for example), hit the curly arrow and it will take you to a different track (say E965). Record both track numbers, and then go into Multiplayer with your tuned 56 car and if it is not one of the 2 tracks you could get to with your 55 car, then you are almost certainly in the 63 lobby. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Thanks Maximum! Its helps
  • Options
    thikprikthikprik Registered Users 22 Posts
    It definitely is the way I currently do it, however, I am burning thru boosts just to see what it will run, damage the engine learning how to drive it, then waiting on repairs. Oh, and it's an r2 class and turf starts in 12 hrs and I need the car. Guess I'll feed the glu meter.
  • Options
    Running_GagRunning_Gag Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 28 Posts
    Its all part of the game fellas. Its a racing simulator. Irl there is no magic "practice" track that won't put wear on your engine or use your fuel and tires.