Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Is the market dead right now?

I'm seeing a lot of people pass on some cool cars lol.

Comments

• SlipSlip Registered Users 1,429 Posts
    Yeah.. Since mills skyrocketed every single car seems to be the same price. 15-20 mills..
  • TheGangstaTheGangsta Registered Users 13,283 Posts
    Slip said:

Yeah.. Since mills skyrocketed every single car seems to be the same price. 15-20 mills..

don't you mean mills are dirt cheap? lol
  • SlipSlip Registered Users 1,429 Posts
    Yeah that lol
  • Holeshot9892Holeshot9892 Registered Users 543 Posts
    Yeah I can see that. It seams like after the f1gtr/ p1 craze ended , car sales went down hill fast. It does look like the market is oversaturated . To many sellers undersold their cars and now it looks like people are trying to oversell.
    haha I m one of the undersold you bet, :D
  • ThedarthyguestThedarthyguest Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,825 Posts
    edited October 2015
    I remember when mills were a 1$ that was better cars were More expensive every one was making a profit everybody's happy then some guy decideds to Sell them for 90 cents now were here at 50-65 cents
  • PerfectShiftPerfectShift Registered Users 883 Posts
    lol I'm just trying to sell my caddy
  • shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    Can't forget the wonderful spam of worthless BMW cars for 12 mil!
    I understand @PerfectShift , I have bunch of cars I want to sell , but I either get crickets when I post , or stupid offers. That's why I was curious if the market is dead.
  • shtoobieshtoobie Registered Users 7,944 Posts
    Guys I'm telling you if we don't actually DO something this isn't going to get any better. In fact just the opposite will happen
  • forsakened_oneforsakened_one Registered Users 2,439 Posts
    Yea market is trashed..might as well shut down the forum lmao
    tell you the truth, market isn't dead. forum is dead cuz its the same guys trying to flip the same cars :D
  • PerfectShiftPerfectShift Registered Users 883 Posts
    @holeshot9892 yeah me too bro... well my ign is ethan2018 lol if you wanna do some trades i have some stuff I'm trying to get rid of lol
    Agreed @shtoobie I kinda agree about the bmws . They are still available so the market should not be that high yet. So what will happen is once they are actually gone they will be completely worthless.
  • forsakened_oneforsakened_one Registered Users 2,439 Posts
    That's what I meant @TheGangsta lol
    It's crazy cause the cars that should be selling for a high price, aren't worth shit. But I see the market murdered with b class m2s
    I have a Bentley gt3 that I can't sell because I won't take a hit and undersell , but in the right hands it can hang with the fastest cars in the game, but I get flamed for wanting more than 10 mill. But then I turn around and see other slower cars selling for 20 just cause they are new .
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Too many BMW's... too many clones of everything else...I'm gonna close the sale posts I have up now and just sit on cars for awhile...I have lots that I'd like to sell but can't get reasonable offers on em...not gonna waste my time checkin posts full of low ball offers...maybe it'll get better...maybe it'll get worse...time will tell

@CircusOfSins that's pretty much my approach, I have a decent amount of money to play on until the market picks back up. I want give my cars away out of desperation .
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Yup...I can wait...cars can sit forever...ain't gonna just give em away