Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Why does nobody run lower lobby's anymore?

crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
Can't get races in any lobby, lower than 40 anymore. I miss those races, they were the most fun.

No the same note, Why can't we be moved to a region where the lobby has players? We can join friends, why not do it automatically?

Comments

• crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    just sad everyone doesn't have the skills to run with limits. oh well
    I was actually talking showdown, and you are wrong. I have gotten over 20K on lower lobbies, with low repair cars. Takes skill to out run GNX's in the 30 lobby all day
  • dion1975dion1975 Registered Users 12 Posts
    this game is full on, if you cant get 20k in turf you're no chance of earning a car.. I struggle to get 5k per week.
  • CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    @dion1975 if you noticed crazyjr was not talking about turf. he was talking about showdown. Even in turf though, i run some of the lower lobbies just to try and win some races, even if i dont get much for points, points are still points.. since all my cars are not "turf" tuned. i do the same thing in showdown, run what i got and just collect any and all points i can get..
  • anthony12461anthony12461 Registered Users 2,232 Posts
    Let's see... low crushes, low points and few others, which makes other people stick to max lobbies as its more points and you'll normally have around 6 or people to race against.
    #PinkMafia
  • Tac0caTTac0caT Registered Users 7 Posts
    How do you know what lobby you're in? What is a desired lobby to be in? (new player)
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Racing lower lobbies was fun but no chicken points
    I'll be honest, I was a low lobby grinder on my last team. When there was enough racers, i could easily hit 15-20K in points. so that's no excuse, just an excuse for lack of talent. I have never been on a top 100 team, don't care to be, i don't let games run my life. I play, have fun and play some more. Like i said, my best turf was in the old 4 day ones at 27K, I could still do 20+K when there was racers to race. I also have never recycled a car, unless it was a nitrous one.

I had a friend that only run maxxed cars, I could easily outpoint him, every stage i ever run. To me maxxed cars is a waste, 5 runs and done, F no i want to play for a while, not spend a weekend repairing

part of the reason i'm currently not on a team, nobody to race, I refuse to sponge off others