Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

I have a solution to lobby jumpers.

OMGCANADAOMGCANADA Registered Users 882 Posts
So obviously lobby jumping is a big issue in the game maybe not as important to glu as hackers and glitchers but for player's it is.

So here's an easy solution to this problem instead of being able to just add someone to your friends list make it so you have to send a friend request and the other person will have to accept that request. Now I know that some new players will still add anyone that sends them a request so it won't eliminate the problem but should definitely cut back huge on the amount of lobby jumpers out there.

Comments

• Options
    NavyVetNavyVet Registered Users 182 Posts
    How about this as a solution, when someone joins a "friend", if the car they are joining with is rated higher than the lobby they are going into, how about the game automatically down tunes that car to the lobby rating and when they return to their garage it goes back to how ever they tuned it.

OR

If you are going to join a friend in a lobby with a higher rated car it should cost you gems. For example:

Friend is in 1640 B Class, Lobby Jumper wants to join in R2 1680.... 1680 -1640 = 40 gems + 50-75 gems for each Class between cars, so there are 3 classes between B and R2 (A, S, and R Class) if it's 50 gems per class it would cost Lobby Jumper .... 50x3= 150+40 = 190 Gems, or on the high side 75x3= 225+40= 265 gems. People who like to lobby jump spend gems, in turn they buy gems win-win for Glu/Cie. I think you can seen where I'm going with this.

I would like to know what RYYST and other admins think of this????
  • Options
    Yea but if you wanted to show off a car to a friend or even buy/sell cars you would then have to pay gems to buy/sell your cars @NavyVet the down tunning isn't a bad idea tho
  • Options
    How about this as a solution, when someone joins a "friend", if the car they are joining with is rated higher than the lobby they are going into, how about the game automatically down tunes that car to the lobby rating and when they return to their garage it goes back to how ever they tuned it.

OR

If you are going to join a friend in a lobby with a higher rated car it should cost you gems. For example:

Friend is in 1640 B Class, Lobby Jumper wants to join in R2 1680.... 1680 -1640 = 40 gems + 50-75 gems for each Class between cars, so there are 3 classes between B and R2 (A, S, and R Class) if it's 50 gems per class it would cost Lobby Jumper .... 50x3= 150+40 = 190 Gems, or on the high side 75x3= 225+40= 265 gems. People who like to lobby jump spend gems, in turn they buy gems win-win for Glu/Cie. I think you can seen where I'm going with this.

• Options
    For Show Off or buying/selling purposes you could always do the opposite of Lobby Jumping, that being "Lobby Suicide" take a lower rated car into the higher cars lobby, just a thought.
  • Options
    Johnny b goodJohnny b good Registered Users 20 Posts
    How about you can only race the friend that you joined
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited November 2015
    OMGCANADA said:

So obviously lobby jumping is a big issue in the game maybe not as important to glu as hackers and glitchers but for player's it is.

So here's an easy solution to this problem instead of being able to just add someone to your friends list make it so you have to send a friend request and the other person will have to accept that request. Now I know that some new players will still add anyone that sends them a request so it won't eliminate the problem but should definitely cut back huge on the amount of lobby jumpers out there.

I been saying something like this, except i'd like to be the one accepting it.
    NavyVet said:

OR

I have a similar idea, instead of fixing the car (remember people actually pay for the advantage) simply set the timers on the light similar to bracket racing.

just for arguments sake we'll use the 1630 (12.00avg) and 1640 (11.00) lobby. If you lobbyjump (piggyback is my term), Simply delay the light by 1 second
  • Options
    @crazyjr that is what I was meaning if someone wanted to add you they would have to send a friend request and you would have to accept it