Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

simple fix to android crash after every race.

Webber 379Webber 379 Registered Users 11 Posts
Connect to facebook account from game. Log out of Google Play from game. DO NOT log back into Google Play. Works great. Just done over 50 races without even a freeze for 2 seconds. Cei and glu still needs to fix this problem. It may be a video codec problem or a link file problem to Google Play. Try this and post back here with your results. It's a simple fix from our (the gamers) end. But it isn't the complete fix.

Comments

• Options
    [RR] Sparkle[RR] Sparkle Moderators 1,805 Posts
    If other people have luck with this work-around please let us know. I realize some people are wary of connecting their accounts to Facebook as this currently cannot be undone.
  • Options
    Webber 379Webber 379 Registered Users 11 Posts
    I will let you know. I do have another person going to try to see what happens. I'll post results here.
  • Options
    Mr 223Mr 223 Registered Users 1 Posts
    That's great if it works. I lost a car due to this crashing issue, and I was winning when it froze up then crashed. And never got it back.
    Also the rewards and offers for cash and gems doesn't work half the time.
  • Options
    STERLINGBEAST50STERLINGBEAST50 Registered Users 23 Posts
    I tried this. It crashes when I try to click on Google play to disconnect. I am just going through the in game account section when you click your name in the upper left hand corner. Is there a different way to do it?
  • Options
    dafoededafoede Registered Users 37 Posts
    I tried this. It crashes when I try to click on Google play to disconnect. I am just going through the in game account section when you click your name in the upper left hand corner. Is there a different way to do it?
    I tried it and got the same results as you. Closes the game, opens back up and logs me right back into google play. I even uninstalled play games and disabled it and it still logged me back in when I opened rivals.
  • Options
    GenejaGeneja Registered Users 3 Posts
    Same here, boots me when I try to click on Google play .
  • Options
    blackstar847blackstar847 Registered Users 1 Posts
    This worked for me BUT I was not able to disconnect from google play. Every time I try the game crashes and when you open it again it logs back in immediately. So when you start the app if you hit the "back" button on my phone (GS5) it will stop the google play log in and ask you what google account you want to use and if you hit cancel it then works with no issues,
  • Options
    blk99xtremeblk99xtreme Registered Users 1 Posts
    Same...it will force close as soon as i click "continue" to log out of google play. Therefore making me log right back in...then it automatically connects to google AGAIN....Iwill try the above method of hitting the "back" button as soon as the game loads and ill let you all know.
  • Options
    kiamatkiamat Registered Users 5 Posts
    i also have same problem.. game crash before race result
    but this happen on android lolipop only..
    when i downgrade back to kit kat 4.4.4 i have no problem...
    btw im on nexus 5..

anyone have same problem with me???????
  • Options
    dafoededafoede Registered Users 37 Posts
    The way to log out of play and then back into the game without it auto logging you in is...

1. Go to your settings and log out of google play and press continue. ( this will kick you out of the game)
    2. tap on racing rivals to enter the game
    3. When you see the green google play games box pop up, quickly press the back arrow on your device.
    4. Then a grey circle will start to spin, quickly again press the back arrow when this pops up.
    5. You will then be asked which log in you want to use, choose cancel.
    6. You are now logged in without google play and will NOT have to link to facebook.

You will have to do steps 2-6 each time you log back on. You can lose your progress without logging back in if your phone was to crash or so. But if you if log off and log back in or just go into settings and log back in, your progress is backed up and not lost.

This is how I am doing it now on my Galaxy s5 on Verizon with lollipop 5.0.1.
  • Options
    jecruz26jecruz26 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have this same crash issue, it's annoying.
  • Options
    shottabolsshottabols Registered Users 1 Posts
    Why isnt my racing rivals connectung to my google account it keep saying racing rivals has unfortunately stop work please help me

This discussion has been closed.