Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Game ideas

glenmore1234glenmore1234 Registered Users 91 Posts
edited October 2015 in Talk About Racing Rivals
I am sorry in advance if this is in the wrong category ( i don’t know where to put it )
okay, so i have some good ideas that me and my peers in racing rivals have been discussing and we think they are some good ones. I really hope that you awesome administrators of the game consider these ideas and put them into use in the game. thank you so much in advance :-)
Ideas
We should have a logout button ( so we don’t have to uninstall and take forever to load assets)
We should have a finish all upgrades button
We should also have insurance for let's say we get hacked in a pinks race and lose.
You guys should also make the FYBER special offers legit
And that’s all of my ideas for now i hope you admins of the game out these ideas to use.
If you have anything to comment about my ideas on whether they suck or they dont please say so in the comments

Comments

• Options
    please if anyone has something to say please do
  • Options
    PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    I have a few ideas....
    A garage option to repair all cars with any engine stress
    Drivers challenge to reward gems instead of rrc
    Ability to buy gems or crates with rrc
    Sell/trade blueprints with players
    And more ways to earn gems ....maybe as a race prize
  • Options
    @PR0DUSTER now those are good ideas
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    I personally would like to see sub sections of the garage, it's a real booger to find a specific car, with 100+ cars sometimes. Was thinking customizable, like lobby's or make ot even class sections
  • Options
    JACK POLLARDJACK POLLARD Registered Users 315 Posts
    Give up on glu adding ways to make gems, it won't happen. Gems are how they make their money, and they're not going to make it any easier or cheaper. Ever.
  • Options
    mykyllmykyll Registered Users 9 Posts
    Ability to remove NOS, Turbo, Supercharger. and Weight reductions...
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    mykyll said:

This i will back up, would love to be able to do this
  • Options
    iSpell4LifeiSpell4Life Registered Users 1,780 Posts
    The ability to customize your garage ;)
  • Options
    @JACK POLLARD you would make gems atleast cheaper to buy if there wouldn't be so many people dumping so much money every turf.think about if for a moment every top 100 turfer spends about $10 every turf on gems...20 members 100 teams that's at least 20,000 dollars a week
  • Options
    if we lose our cars we have the ability to watch videos to get it back (depending on the class of the car)
  • Options
    Also increase the reward of turf....maybe top 150 also gets a car and top 300 gets 75-100 gems. And for the second day of racer showdown have a prize car instead of cash
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

We should have a logout button ( so we don’t have to uninstall and take forever to load assets)
    Not sure what this would do specifically that shutting down the app doesn't do.

This would of course lead to people who say "I didn't mean to hit the button and spend all my gems!" Don't know if everyone is ready to accept that responsibility

We should also have insurance for let's say we get hacked in a pinks race and lose.
    The terms "hacked' and "cheat" are thrown around a lot without there really being a clear definition. I know this is a very controversial topic, and I don't want to get into a "GLU never fixes anything!" argument (We do fix things.. most of the time we don't say anything as to NOT alert people using modified versions of the game or attempt to exploit the game). These hacks and glitches are exactly that, hacks and glitches, they aren't meant to be obvious. So how do we precognisantly determine what is a "hack" or "cheat"?

Additionally the idea of having insurance in a drag race is against what the idea of pinks and high stakes betting is about. You never know what will happen in a race, in this game and in "real" circumstances. Nothing is a sure bet when it comes to risking your cash or your car.

They are. I will say, that the ones in which you need to answer a survey are tricky because you have to complete a bunch of things specifically and also be an eligible candidate. Most of the time if you don't specifically fit the demographic they are aiming for (They ARE ad companies) they won't consider it a completed deal.
    IF you are positive you completed an offer you must first attempt to contact Fyber (https://glumobile.helpshift.com/a/racing-rivals/?s=billing&f=i-didn-t-get-my-payout-from-the-activity-i-completed-via-your-offer-wall). If after you have contacted them you still did not receive your payout, you can contact Rivals customer service via the "?" in game. You must have contacted Fyber first (OUr CS reps will open a dialogue with Fyber... so they will know) first. If you don't RIvals CS will just tell you to do so first.

IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options

A garage option to repair all cars with any engine stress

Same as any "finish all" options. We're not positive that the general public is ready to accept the responsibility of agreeing to spend a lot of gems at once. We see enough issues when players sell their car on accident. BUT, we'll see.

Drivers challenge to reward gems instead of rrc
    Gems and the like are how games that are free to play make money. So most of the time, earning gems requires some kind of payout for us. In cases where we give out "free" gems, we could only do that in a limited way. Driver's Challenge would make it fairly easy to obtain gems on a daily basis. Yes, we are a business so yes we find ways to make money. The purchasing of gems is one of those, so we (and most F2P games) really limit the number of "free" gems given out.

Ability to buy gems or crates with rrc
    The thing with gems applies to purchasing gems with RRC. Its fairly easy to obtain RRC (and yes we know about the black market on cash) so that probably wouldn't be an option. RRC for crates could be a possibility, but if anything it woul dbe for the bronze crate or a similarly less valued crate.

Sell/trade blueprints with players
    This could be a possibility

And more ways to earn gems ....maybe as a race prize
    Again, gems are primarily designed to be purchased, but we can take a look at offering gems as special prizes for special events.

• Options
    crazyjr said:

I personally would like to see sub sections of the garage, it's a real booger to find a specific car, with 100+ cars sometimes. Was thinking customizable, like lobby's or make ot even class sections

We're hoping to make improvements to the garage. When the game first launched, we figured people would just have a handful of cars at any given time.... this obviously didn't happen. So yeah, we know scrolling through hundreds of cars gets... tedious. So we're looking at ways to improve it

• Options
    mykyll said:

I've brought this up many times... I'll keep bringing it up.

• Options
    DrifterMickeyDrifterMickey Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 3,286 Posts

I am sorry in advance if this is in the wrong category ( i don’t know where to put it )
    okay, so i have some good ideas that me and my peers in racing rivals have been discussing and we think they are some good ones. I really hope that you awesome administrators of the game consider these ideas and put them into use in the game. thank you so much in advance :-)
    Ideas
    And that’s all of my ideas for now i hope you admins of the game out these ideas to use.
    If you have anything to comment about my ideas on whether they suck or they dont please say so in the comments</blockq

• Options
    @RYYST bring back the 24hr event for the second showdown and reward the gold ,silver, and bronze cars. This would be better than 2 hour event cash prizes.
  • Options

if we lose our cars we have the ability to watch videos to get it back (depending on the class of the car)

That would need to be a LOT of videos... we're talking binge watching an entire season of the X-Files amount of videos....

Again, its about value and cost and risk and reward. Putting up your car is supposed to be a big risk. Its not supposed to be easy to get back your car, because then there would be less risk because yo know you could easily get it back.

• Options
    C Dees NutsC Dees Nuts Registered Users 1,271 Posts
    The ability to take crate rims off of cars and put them back in your inventory would be excellent.
  • Options

That would need to be a LOT of videos... we're talking binge watching an entire season of the X-Files amount of videos....

Again, its about value and cost and risk and reward. Putting up your car is supposed to be a big risk. Its not supposed to be easy to get back your car, because then there would be less risk because yo know you could easily get it back.
    ok well thanks for the response ryyst, im glad people got to express their feelings on ideas for the game and your right it would take a lot of videos to watch to get a car back
  • Options
    PR0DUSTER said:

@RYYST bring back the 24hr event for the second showdown and reward the gold ,silver, and bronze cars. This would be better than 2 hour event cash prizes.

@Ryyst
  • Options
    Also STOP vaulting cars. If u vault a car from a crate bring it to the showroom. And bring special lobbies like an auction lobby and trade/sales lobby
  • Options
    We need a forums app....sorry if im off topic
  • Options
    sickcivicsickcivic Registered Users 816 Posts
    I would like to b able to name my cars. If sumbody gives me a tune. I could name that car aftr thm so I kno that that car has their tune. I do it by color rite now.
  • Options
    FZ_AeroFZ_Aero Registered Users 5 Posts

The ability to take crate rims off of cars and put them back in your inventory would be excellent.

That would be nice. The problem with being able to recycle crate rims is that it would devalue their acquirability to an extent.