Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Lobby jumpers

WSLUVYSWSLUVYS Registered Users 2 Posts
Would be nice if there was a way to call out lobby jumpers.
If the car is not tuned for that lobby they get a flag on there picture and all cars that supposed to be in that lobby do not get flagged
Any other ideas might be nice to let the developers distinguish lobby jumpers

Comments

• Options
    james614james614 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 179 Posts
    Not gonna happen, lobby jumping is an intended gameplay mechanic. A large reason why I just stopped playing completely.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    you can put them on blast on comms, only way to actually tag them in game. Personally i get the best hate chats from piggybackers
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    crazyjr said:

you can put them on blast on comms, only way to actually tag them in game. Personally i get the best hate chats from piggybackers

I see this more and more in race rooms. People outing the cheats, lobby jumpers, APKers, etc. Usually, the guilty party leaves right away. This seems to work well to keep the low life cheats out of the race rooms.
  • Options
    gf22agf22a Registered Users 90 Posts
    And never ever accept pinks on first race :)
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    @gf22a , that works to a degree. but some people you can race them, and then they swoop in with a second account with a matching identical car and almost identical name and you think your racing the other car and you pink them and they take your car and leave the room just as quick so you think its the original car. its happened to me a few times..
  • Options
    klownkhaosklownkhaos Registered Users 4 Posts
    Don't seem to have problems with jumpers in turf, why can't apply to multi ?
  • Options
    B00573DB00573D Registered Users 71 Posts
    gf22a said:

And never ever accept pinks on first race :)

Lol I challenged a glitcher to pinks and took his car
  • Options
    OMGCANADAOMGCANADA Registered Users 882 Posts
    @Klownin that's because you can't join friends if they are in a turf lobby
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    Lobby jumping is getting utterly ridiculous! Over the past three weeks, going into 1650 lobbies, it seems less than 1/3 of cars in there actually belong there. You see M3 GT2's, Zonda's, RWB's, all maxed out! Over the past 4 days, I see some lobby jumper scam people out of cars almost every hour. I've also been seeing people post comments in the lobbies such as "1648 Pinks" when they are maxed out in reality. Unsuspecting Newbies get conned every day, and it is shameless that Glu continues to let this happen. You guys closed the door to lobby jumpers for Turf Wars, so you can close the door for multiplayer lobbies too - IF YOU WANTED to!!! You are foolishly committing business suicide by allowing this to continue. You can easily create "OPEN LOBBIES" for those who knowingly want to go into those lobbies and restrict all other Multiplayer lobbies according to car rating. This needs to change YESTERDAY.
  • Options
    I think the only people left, in the game is piggybackers. Most others wait for turf, or just don't bother anymore. So the weak did inherit the game, after all. Not a surprise really, about time people got what this game is all about, making money. Screw the players, is a bonus
  • Options
    CodeOverflowCodeOverflow Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 236 Posts
    Or... You know... You could just heed the warnings in the loading screens... Warnings like: "Don't underestimate the other cars, you don't know what's under the hood" or w/e it says...
  • Options
    joshua63joshua63 Registered Users 91 Posts
    Isn't this pretty obvious?? Just don't pink if you are not confident
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    But many newbies don't know about the warnings and may still be confident. I've seen too many times young kids lose their cars to scammers who have no integrity or ethics. I don't understand why Glu would WANT this crap to be part of the game. It can easily be solved with the addition of OPEN lobbies and closing every other lobby to cars that ONLY fall within that lobby rating range.
  • Options

Or... You know... You could just heed the warnings in the loading screens... Warnings like: "Don't underestimate the other cars, you don't know what's under the hood" or w/e it says...

I lost one car in a public lobby, so not bothered. But it shows how weak the player is, When not only do they challenge pinks with an overspec car, but berates the other players and alls them pussy's for not playing by their rules. If you piggyback fine, but harrassment and beratement should never be part of a fun game.

Had a piggybacker, message me after racing me. Said he likes my car and wanted to pink me, I say i don't cater to piggybackers twice, so he clogs me with challenges and messages. Calling me a pussy and weak, just because i won't race a race i can't win, I just logged off.

GLU if this is "working as intended" carry on, because it's causing you regular (decent players) away from this game
  • Options
    ckeanemckeanem Registered Users 6 Posts
    What is even the point of having room lvl caps?! Last night was one of the worst ever, 50% jumpers. All we can do is announce to the room their lvl. Repeat if they stay to warn new joiners. This does work rather well. It causes fair racers to avoid them, sends higher lvl jumpers after them, and keeps other jumpers from challanging me, because they know I will call them out too. If EVERYONE did this, it would help.
  • Options
    itripdabearsitripdabears Registered Users 1,102 Posts
    Just post in lobby comments who it isn wht rating they r n tellem to go to there own looby
  • Options
    From my experience, when calling out lobby jumpers, multiple lobby jumpers then gang up on me with the nasty comments - nobody else says word one. It's hardly even worth it playing any more because you go into most lobbies, they are filled with jumpers and you can't even tell what rating of lobby it should be! Then you get these morons posting "1648 Pinks" when in reality they are like 1668 or better. Just disgusting. RR must WANT this crap to go on otherwise it could easily be fixed. Just close lobbies like you do in Turfs to prevent jumping - BOOM, Problem solved. Then create some open lobbies for people who want them or want to race friends. RR is slowing committing business suicide by allowing this to continue.
  • Options
    khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Not pinks for first race
  • Options
    RayGunGamingRayGunGaming Registered Users 2 Posts
    Well there is one issue with that... We wouldn't be able to buy cars or get cars off of secondary accounts meaning that we would basically have a wasted cars just sitting there
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    @RayGunGaming i think he means that with open lobbies you could still join friends. that way you can still trade or play with friends, but if you want to pink without fear of jumpers, dual accounters, car swapper etc, youd go to a closed lobby
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."