Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Ghost shifting

mosleycrewmosleycrew Registered Users 25 Posts
Ghost shifting is when you skip a gear. So instead of shifting gears 1-2-3-4-5-6 you shift 1-3-5-6 this trick works best with the jetta and also JDM type cars with fast gear changers..... Enjoy and be safe out there

Comments

• Options
    joshk2489joshk2489 Registered Users 761 Posts
    How do you skip a gear? Just double shift?
  • Options
    mosleycrewmosleycrew Registered Users 25 Posts
    Yeah but do it quick otherwise ur rpm will drop to low and it will slow u instead of speed u up
  • Options
    mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
    There doesn't seem to be any benefit from this. It doesn't make the run any faster
  • Options
    Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    @mopardwh it doesn't work for all cars , .... try it with Jetta. Double shift , then triple shift . Also means, tap 2 times fast , then tap 3 times fast . Thats only 2 perfect shifts out of 6 shifts.
  • Options
    mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
    Yeah, I've done it with a couple of cars including Jetta. It's neat, I'm just saying it doesn't actually benefit anything. I tried several shifting patterns including skipping gears, and got the same results on most of them. The jetta specifically, is a car that you almost can't mess up shifting. You can actually go from 2nd to 5th if you do it fast enough.
  • Options
    Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    @mopardwh you are missing the fact , ghost shifting isn't for all cars. You say it doesn't benefit , is that because ghost shifting isn't for all cars ? .. cause ghost shifting does have benefits ... and that's a faster time on any car ghost shifting capable .
  • Options
    Kaleb_M.Kaleb_M. Registered Users 891 Posts
    I know exactly how to ghost shift cause i use it in D class pinks and for the jetta you are supposed to shift from 1st to 3rd gear and from 4th to 6th after. Its an easy way to win pinks.
  • Options
    1663_SLAYER1663_SLAYER Registered Users 8 Posts
    For jetty it's 1-3 3-6 and works best with stock Trans at lower rates than max
  • Options
    Roush SportRoush Sport Registered Users, Moderators 1,485 Posts

For jetty it's 1-3 3-6 and works best with stock Trans at lower rates than max

Bingo, and that's the key factor that is missing from this thread. For most of the ghost shift capable cars, you want a stock trans, and nos installed. I have a 1650 Javelin that if I run boosted and shift properly, it runs 9.5-9.6 all day. If I skip shift aka ghost shift it, it'll run 9.3's. I also have builds for the Jetta..turbo and supercharged...both will run 10.2 in a 1640 lobby. No, I'm not sharing the builds, so please do not ask.
  • Options
    JohnKIVJohnKIV Registered Users 3,620 Posts
    @Roush Sport what are the shift points for the Javelin?
  • Options
    1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    edited March 2017
    wat

IGN : 1320killer
  • Options
    itsmerepoitsmerepo Registered Users 6 Posts
    I have two dime racing slams amg gt3s, is ghost shifting the best way to go about racing them?