Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

How important is the transmission upgrade?

021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
Upgrading your transmission seems to add three lobby rating points to your car yet only reducing the weight by a little, how important is the upgrade to how you race?

Comments

• 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    very important for turf racing
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• tru lyfetru lyfe Registered Users 1,305 Posts
    Idk man, I really never do it.. Ide rather build power. My cars seem to run good times without the trans upgrades.
  • CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    ive been tuning a few of my cars to a 49 tune, and ive noticed they run best with just the level 2 trans upgrade, never got the pro upgrade.. they seem to be running just fine.
  • 021021 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 114 Posts
    2HIPSI said:

very important for turf racing

What exactly does it do that makes it "very important" for turf?
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    @021 Without transmission , (example) It will take you 2 gears to shift to get to 60 mph . WITH TRANSMISSION only 1 gear to shift to get to 60mph.
    Is that not important?
    Thanks, I never noticed that the amount of gears changed. I really cant believe I didn't see that. Makes a lot of sense because I have dropped transmission to get into a lower lobby yet I have never been as fast.
  • khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Very important for turp race
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts

@021 Without transmission , (example) It will take you 2 gears to shift to get to 60 mph . WITH TRANSMISSION only 1 gear to shift to get to 60mph.
    Is that not important?

You are incorrect, the only thing changed is the gear change itself, it get faster with every upgrade. shift points are shift points, they never change. But the speed of the shift executed, can mean the difference in winning or losing

Is that not important?

That is incorrect, the shift point does not change, nor does the gears needed, just the speed of the change itself. In some builds it can mean the difference between winning or losing
  • khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Very important for turp race
    Which leads to the original question: Seeing as a transmission upgrade adds 2 rating points, should you reduce transmission to fit into a lower lobby or cut engine parts?
  • CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    At least stage 1 for 30 to 45 works for me
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    Transmission is very important imo. It really helps u accelerate faster and get that early lead.
    OW is correct, it spends less time shifting (off power) and more time accelerating(on power)
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Any lobby tune benefits from transmission upgrades
  • RandyPRandyP Registered Users 1,010 Posts
    I think trans adds maybe around 2 points evertime you upgrade it?
    Yes, that was my point, If your car is 1658, is it better to drop from pro A transmission to stage 2, or cut other parts to get down to the 1656 lobby
  • CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    That depends on the car and toon, you'll have to experiment .
    A lot depends on the car itself, If the shift is .5 seconds, and stage 1 drops it to .3, It might be good. If the shift is .2 and stage 1 only does.150, It might not be as needed as more power