Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Why you do this glu

BOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUTBOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUT Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 857 Posts
So you decide to vault the honda crx *you're gonna have a bad time*
I went outside once... it was aweful

Comments

• K1TSAL0TK1TSAL0T Registered Users 5,705 Posts
    its sad i love the crx
  • Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    On the bright side, they'll increase in value as time goes on. I managed to pick one up before they're gone, just in case. But I agree, they need more RRC cars.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • BOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUTBOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUT Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 857 Posts

On the bright side, they'll increase in value as time goes on. I managed to pick one up before they're gone, just in case. But I agree, they need more RRC cars.

Now I regret selling my max matte light blue one for 1,115,000rrc
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    I got a couple stock crx you can buy
  • BOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUTBOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUT Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 857 Posts

I got a couple stock crx you can buy

I managed to sell one of mine stock for 100k
  • CappoUziCappoUzi Registered Users 14 Posts
    Because they want to vault it get over it go cry some where else
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    @Sevenhell "not putting anything in the game to replace them with"? Do you live under a rock? Look at all the bmw cars they just released, they gave everyone a BMW m2 launch edition for free.

I don't understand why you think they should have to replace a car with anything in the first place?
  • khmerkrom12khmerkrom12 Registered Users 630 Posts
    Love is cry
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts

@Sevenhell "not putting anything in the game to replace them with"? Do you live under a rock? Look at all the bmw cars they just released, they gave everyone a BMW m2 launch edition for free.

I don't understand why you think they should have to replace a car with anything in the first place?

All them bmw's literraly looked the same , the m1 , m2 , m3 , m4 .... big waste of data.
    All the cars look so good shoulder be a first place
    @Them Exclusive all that "waste of data" cost money in licensing, and we've heard nothing but good news about all the vehicles that were added to the game recently
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    What about all the times they added cars and didn't remove any.
    I just get done m4 racing B that shoulder smooth rac legit 100 0/0 I like that
    Meh I think glu should add a volkswagen golf r32 and put it in b class or maybe even a first gen supra
    @Sevenhell they did replace them with something of greater or equal value. A cheap CRX was replaced with crate cars that sell for way more :)
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Mk lll golf v6
    Fiesta xr2i
  • BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    They're vaulting the Datsun. Bad idea. Costs $16K RRC which takes a long time for a newbie to save up if they got scammed and are on their last car. Now what will they replace it with? Oh yeah, a car that's more expensive.

This hurts newbies most.
  • poloboi12poloboi12 Registered Users 1,594 Posts
    Quick question. When cie owned the game did they vault so much cars like glu is doing now?
  • CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    No
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We're still the same people....
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager