Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

What's the point of turfing anymore???

MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
Apart from money bets and winning pinks I don't see the point of turfing anymore.

Cars are getting duplicated so fast with all body locked so you can't tell difference .

People are selling turf cars dirt cheap here's a example:

Rx8 re top 25 $10

Gems cost to turf ? How much do you spend on mills tuning - gems so you can boost ?

Is it more than $10 if so why not just buy the car after turf and save yourself a lot of time.

It all seems rather pointless lately .

Agree or disagree

Comments

• 2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    I've officially given up, you have people selling RARE original first and second season turf cars for $7-10 because they have been duplicated to the point now there are 100's of them available
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi

• MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Same here I'm not even turfing
  • OICU812OICU812 Registered Users 166 Posts
    Yup I don't turf or even want to be on a team anymore, the fun has gone away for this game it's not just about racing anymore WHAT A SHAME !!!
  • RacingGumballRacingGumball Registered Users 354 Posts
    I go to turf for some events once in a while for pinks because i don't have to worry about lobby jumpers. I'm not really in to get the turf car prize only pinks or cash i don't see the point in free racing anymore just a waste of boost and time and my engine.
  • RacingGumballRacingGumball Registered Users 354 Posts
    The only turf i won was back when some of the first turf cars were out. I was on a top team and got the LA Scion FR-S R Spec. The car isn't like one with special wheels just the one with the wrap and stock wheels. At least at that time turf was fun and fair :)
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    edited December 2015
    Your competitors is the reason you spend blank tuning and blank gems just to be at the top. Blame yourself for having to spend so much. Maybe think about what you can do from what you cant do. If you cant put up without gems/money. Then why was you turfing in the first place ? Those are things I knew as a beginner . RRC CAN BUY EVERYTHING. RRC IS EASIER TO GET. Ive told people this , but still they wanna play the hard way.
  • CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    Turfing wasn't fair back then those where the days of the parts loading glitch
  • Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Turf has never been totally fair. Specially since the top three teams are usually modded/hacked. I agree with RacingGumball though. Only thing turf is good for nowadays is usually pinks. Even then I had a car or two taken by glitches/mods/hacks.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • LooneyTunezzLooneyTunezz Registered Users 35 Posts
    My husband stopped playing for the same reason. Toxic just gotcha. He used to love this game
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Toxic just gotcha is cool - I know him in game

As for cloning vein patched people still doing it
  • crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    The reason i don't turf, is that lower lobby's are all but dead. Fools and money have ruined, my favorite part of the game. I loved getting on and hitting lower lobby's, 1620's -40's, and just having fun. no fun having 5 runs with a maxxed car and then coining 100+ gems just to get back in the action, much less gemming the boosts to maintain a point level. I miss, talking to friends. in chat. now it's dicks demanding pinks or you're a puzzy
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    crazyjr said:

The reason i don't turf, is that lower lobby's are all but dead. Fools and money have ruined, my favorite part of the game. I loved getting on and hitting lower lobby's, 1620's -40's, and just having fun. no fun having 5 runs with a maxxed car and then coining 100+ gems just to get back in the action, much less gemming the boosts to maintain a point level. I miss, talking to friends. in chat. now it's dicks demanding pinks or you're a puzzy

Today I was sitting in a lobby with bots thinking this , ... wondering where everybody went. Then I checked my friends list and wondered should I just delete them. No , im not deleting them, they was too legit.
  • sultanmasultanma Registered Users 107 Posts
    lets see we turf spend many gems to get a car thats only good to play in turfs and not to pinks then because we will lose them forever :smile: not to mention cloners are doing a good job cloning cars ( cant blame glu for that cuz they try their best fighting them )