Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Empty lobbies

CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
Makes me feel like and old geezer to say this but what ever happened to the art of tuning to the top of a lobby seems like nobody does that much anymore

Comments

• Options
    DozerboyDozerboy Registered Users 213 Posts
    Why do you say that?
  • Options
    CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    I don't see many racers in lobbies under 1650 during turf and showdown.
  • Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    edited December 2015
    Idiots and boost replaces racers and skill anymore. I used to be a low lobby grinder, 1620- 40 lobby's, But thanks to everyone and their mother, deciding that 35 and below don't pay enough to justify boosts. the 40 and below are extremely scarce, usually 56 and up are well represented.

if this is supposed to be run on cloud computing (where most driod and IOS computing is run) Why can't they take all lower lobbies and combine them as needed? This would get more older more skilled players playing again, without being forced into a money game. If lower lobbies were full again, I would join a club and get back into the turf wars again.

Something to think about GLU, you are losing a dedicated player base due to being force up or out. I only coin when i'm having fun, not when i'm forced to coin

At least a restructure of the points to provide more points , might help some
  • Options
    sultanmasultanma Registered Users 107 Posts
    to be honest the problem is that tbis game us actually not totally free to play

downloading it is cheap but once u are in it there many things thatll require gems like:

buying a car
    repairing a car
    buying boosts
    buying rims
    buying colors
    buying crates
    buying back your car aka replace a car
    limited car customising
    tournament problems with hackers glitchers you name it
    limited cars in special wraps for example
    lag
    light delayers
    hackers / glitchers and long time to fix their doings

that does really repel players not to play this game or not spending much time in it thats why this game is gone abit empty

i hope glu really fix those matters
  • Options
    sultanmasultanma Registered Users 107 Posts
    being honest the game is gone into a stage where the above mentioned matters are essentials into this game specially car customisation and tunings like eg u can change ur limiter spot / gears ratio / axle ratio

with the current state of tuning i feel like tied to small stuff