Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Sopraplayer - car switch beware

mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
Race a few times with a closely rated car, and then switch to an identical car with a maxed rating. I get it. But this guy somehow switched cars instantly without leaving lobby. I NEVER pinksed my Pandora, but for some dumb reason I did. And got scammed.

Any idea how to watch for this hack/scam or whatever? I raced him seconds before, and he didn't move positions within the lobby.

Comments

• nofear4433nofear4433 Registered Users 2 Posts
    Same happened to me changed from a 1657 to a 1675 instantly without any movement.. lost my 1674 corvette c7R
    Smokemifyougotem 2
    11/13/15
  • CircusOfSinsCircusOfSins Registered Users 11,304 Posts
    Bait and Switch...oldest con in the books

• coolestdudecoolestdude Registered Users 115 Posts
    edited November 2015
    So basically you thought you had a guaranteed win but then lost your car? Sounds fair to me, you were trying to get one over on the other racer and instead he got one over on you.
  • erektzhangerektzhang Registered Users 2,149 Posts
    yeah, some people have two accounts with names that look the same, they have the same profile picture and car just different rating. dont mix them up!
  • cars4driftingcars4drifting Registered Users 728 Posts
    sounds fair enough its not like he scammed u, he just raced u in a faster car and u lost.....no reason to get butthurt, its not like u had a deal with him
  • mopardwhmopardwh Registered Users 236 Posts
    @coolestdude No, absolutely not. I race legit. We were both 56 cars. Raced a few times, very close finishes. And then he somehow switched cars without leaving the lobby. It was not a fair deal.
    @cars4drifting Yes, indeed that is a scam. The game is not intended for people to constantly try to cheat using an 80 car against a 56, or a 57 against a 30. But yes, bait and switch happens all the time. I'm simply warning people about this individual, as I don't think it was bait and switch since I knew to watch closely for that. I think it was some sort of hack.

But it sounds like the both of you, being sympathetic probably do the same dirty techniques.
    mopardwh said:

@coolestdude No, absolutely not. I race legit. We were both 56 cars. Raced a few times, very close finishes. And then he somehow switched cars without leaving the lobby. It was not a fair deal.

@cars4drifting Yes, indeed that is a scam. The game is not intended for people to constantly try to cheat using an 80 car against a 56, or a 57 against a 30. But yes, bait and switch happens all the time. I'm simply warning people about this individual, as I don't think it was bait and switch since I knew to watch closely for that. I think it was some sort of hack.

But it sounds like the both of you, being sympathetic probably do the same dirty techniques.

@mopardwh Don't be mad bro.
  • BOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUTBOB_THE_EPIC_PEANUT Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 857 Posts

yeah, some people have two accounts with names that look the same, they have the same profile picture and car just different rating. dont mix them up!

Yup has happened to me I lost a 1666 viper with wwe rims that sell for 1 million + these days
    I went outside once... it was aweful
  • Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    @mopardwh most likely what happened is he had his other account logged in on another phone. What he did, was when you were racing him the last time (and couldn't see the lobby) he joined himself then immedietly after the race challenged you in his second account hoping you'd think it was his main and pink him. He probably never left the lobby with his main, so as to put of your suspicion. Some of these people are smart with their unfair play. Its happened to me too.

@coolestdude it technically is unfair. If you were in a drag bracket and you qualified in one car, then ran the tourny in a faster identical looking car they would disqualify you in a heartbeat.

In the end, like I've said so many times before, if you have any kinds of doubts don't take the risk. Sorry for your loss of a great car though man.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
    Well it happened again. I know about the dual account thing, but I'm usually pretty good at spotting that. This time the karaoke kid 505 took me for 5 mil. 56 v 56, then directly after, he was 82. It is so pathetic that people have to be shady instead of just racing and having fun.
    mopardwh said:

Well it happened again. I know about the dual account thing, but I'm usually pretty good at spotting that. This time the karaoke kid 505 took me for 5 mil. 56 v 56, then directly after, he was 82. It is so pathetic that people have to be shady instead of just racing and having fun.

You don't learn huh? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
  • State_of_MindState_of_Mind Registered Users 100 Posts
    Why don't you just race maxed :/
    @coolestdude if the game is stupid why do you play it? What does that even mean?????

@State_of_Mind occasionally I do, but I like to build cars to a lobby. It's more challenging, and fun.
  • RacingGumballRacingGumball Registered Users 354 Posts
    It's technically not a scam but its also not fair. These little people have an account with a stock car or lobby tuned up to 1666 in a maxed lobby then leave after you win a free race then bring back a maxed or close to maxed car mostly r class and then try to take the car
    mopardwh said:

@coolestdude if the game is stupid why do you play it? What does that even mean?????

@State_of_Mind occasionally I do, but I like to build cars to a lobby. It's more challenging, and fun.

I didn't call the game stupid. What I said is a..... forget it you lack comprehension.