Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Drop launch or tap launch?

Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
Which do you guys do?
Just out of interest- as i was reading another thread and wondered who does what.
There are certain awd cars i tap launch,but i mostly drop launch the rest. I used to tap launch all the time when i first started- i'd say there's more risk of spinning when tap launch is used- but that may be just me.
So what do you guys and gals do?

Comments

• Options
    CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    Same here drop launch most of the cars some I tap.
  • Options
    KingklutzKingklutz Registered Users 3,510 Posts
    Tap launch cus I can't be arsed to find the right moment to drop
  • Options
    Spaghetti 42Spaghetti 42 Registered Users 958 Posts
    edited December 2015
    Drop launch but sometime I tap launch in some cars tuned
  • Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    Drop
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    RandyPRandyP Registered Users 1,010 Posts
    Drop, so much easier to get .001 rt and perfect launches
  • Options
    Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    i tap launch but im becoming versatile
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Lol @Kingklutz I know that feeling :)
  • Options
    CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    like usual, i started out doing the tap launch, then i discovered the drop launch, and have been doing that ever since. ive never gone back..
  • Options
    Casey388Casey388 Registered Users 171 Posts
    Drop launch here. Messes me up when people lag the lights though. Don't think light lagging would be as bad if I tap launched.
  • Options
    adeechiadeechi Registered Users 7,246 Posts
    tap launch all the way if you know how to do it it's almost as effective as dropping but without the fouling. you need to drop some cars tho like the m3gt2 and zonda
  • Options
    @adeechi I can tap launch zonda
  • Options
    @Them Exclusive Blue carbon or regular
  • Options
    @adeechi regular , not sure how carbon is but most likely could.
  • Options
    damm that's good lol i can't tap launch a regular zonda if my life depended on it. and i think that the blue carbon is easier to launch.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @adeechi you just have to tap a lil bit lighter , if you cant tap a lil lighter ... just be ready to launch after tapping and seeing arrow get to the perfect shift RPM ... that helped me with the zonda and similar cars.
  • Options
    2HIPSI2HIPSI Registered Users 6,984 Posts
    I drop launch about 85% of my cars, started playing the game as a tap launcher.... Got really good at it but now I'm lazy and don't want to concentrate as much lol
    OG - 2HIPSI aka 2 High Psi