Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Is this true?

PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
Racing Rivals has become nearly unplayable for me lately. It's extremely slow when loading the garage and constantly freezes. Several people have told me that the amount of in game cars and friends you have can impact how smoothly the game runs ...I was wondering if this was true.
Prev1

Comments

• shahidshahid Registered Users 3,173 Posts
    Take 10 min too load and 5 min too repair cars and 15 min too 8 min too go back too Garage when i join lobby !!!http://imgur.com/a/ekNXl
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
    This doesn't happen all the time , the only time it happens is when the game isn't working properly , so don't go deleting all your cars or friends.
  • PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    @shahid that's how mine is. It's been like this close to a month already. I've deleted several apps and photos and it didn't help. Let me know if you find something that helps
  • eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    I've been recommended in the past to uninstall and reinstall the game and normally it helps for a few weeks.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts

I've been recommended in the past to uninstall and reinstall the game and normally it helps for a few weeks.

Ive been through this , it takes 1-3 weeks for racing rivals to replenish .Uninstall and re-install doesn't help at all.
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    As the game evolves so does the demand that it takes on your device. As they make the game compatible with new devices, eventually support for older devices ends and the game will start to bog down on these older devices. It's just simple game evolution.
  • Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Mine's been the same- last day of turf or a popular event it always happens! Literally 10 mins to load to garage!! Ruins turf- also happens during showdown on some events. I've re installed app,deleted other apps,deleted photos- no better- so it is the game and it pisssssed me off!! Sort it out glu- or i'm off to give my hard earned dosh to a game company that actually gives a fukkkk about its players/patrons/people that pay their wages!!
    Rant over! Merry xmas!! :(
  • 8darth racer88darth racer8 Registered Users 694 Posts
    having the same issue as well
  • The_Rumor_TrollThe_Rumor_Troll Registered Users 140 Posts
    Complaining about something in the game followed directly by a threat is no way to get things solved.
  • Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    @The_Rumor_Troll and that's the best,most constructive answer you can come up with??
    And you're a moderator??
    Well how about a little help and advice instead of ticking people off like a grumpy school teacher??
    Honestly- give some people a little tiny bit of authority and it goes straight to their heads.
    Let us know wether this issue is being looked at or if glu are doing anything about it- that would be a greeeeeat help.
    And it wasn't a threat- if this game isn't sorted out soon i WILL be off and i'll take my wallet elsewhere- just like some of the best players in the game have already done.
    Now tell me off some more- you know you want to!
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    I'm using a cheap ass android Wal-Mart phone and I haven't had any issues except when loading garages with 250+ cars.
  • shahidshahid Registered Users 3,173 Posts
    @JSE Racing
    250+ is good but what about those who have 800+ my game only lagg when turf start
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    Idk that's a fk load of cars :D
  • HazzlenuttHazzlenutt Registered Users 60 Posts
    It seems that RR is the only ones who seem to think the evolution of mobile devises and the continuous updates have been the problem with loading and crashing issues. But yet it seems as RR IPare the only ones having this issue. Fast and Furious,-no issues. Real Racing-no issues. CSR Racing- no issues , basically any if not all online multi-player games- no apparent issues there either. So either their programmers know how to write the program where it compatible with all older and current devices and RR code writers don't or maybe they've exhausted their "know how's" to keep up with the demand for all devises.. What ever the issue...it suck bad. They were great about a year ago.
  • FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    I sent on a ticket about this and they actually replied. Although it was a canned response. Delete and reinstall. Make more space. It's Apples fault. (I talked to apple, they have had tons of people contact them about this game with this issue. They said space etc has no effect. It's an issue from the game maker. )

I've stopped playing for a while. (Spending more time on my real race car). I might check back in a month or two or when I see a new update. Other than that, I'm outta here...for now

Fun game. Too bad it does work right
  • Old WomanOld Woman Registered Users 2,799 Posts
    I find it does have an effect, no other solution than to get a better device or reinstall. Deleting friends can help but is time consuming.
  • rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    Something that bothers me and I have complained to the developers is the multiple home screen banners.

When you go to your garage you get a an advertisement banner, change to another car, same banner again, if you are lucky or unlucky you get the same stupid banner twice before you move to the next car. It's annoying and non-productive
  • CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    interesting, ive never seen an advertisement banner.
  • CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    New accounts see them until they get to level 40
  • CARBDRIFT1539CARBDRIFT1539 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 147 Posts
    awww gotcha.. i didnt think i was going crazy.. i even logged in to double check.. lol.
  • [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We're looking into the reports. Nothing on our end tells us there is an issue with our servers or the game as the majority of players don't see issues. We have seen that specific events somehow cause "lag" and we are looking into it.

A uninstall reinstall should alleviate some issues for a time, especially those with a large amount of cars and/or friends.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• sickcivicsickcivic Registered Users 816 Posts
    I get kicked out basically after every turf race. Dnt c there nothing on rr's end cause there a lot of ppl this happens 2
  • MOTORHEAD71MOTORHEAD71 Registered Users 212 Posts
    edited January 2016
    @PR0DUSTER, I've had an issue after the last update, deleting and reloading the app helped. Now the only issue I have is the game randomly closing/ crashing. I lost a Nismo GT3, Challenger GT2, and Zonda because of it!! No use in reporting it........ GLU only cares about your money and not taking care of their customers!!
    I don't want to change the World,
    I just want to leave it colder

GLU only cares about your money and not taking care of their customers!!

Except we do. Unfortunately we are unable to test each device out there (literally thousands) and situations and play areas and what now. We do test on all major devices and we monitor our server activity 24/7. These issues do not hit everyone, so we have to look at each case individually.

We have had reports of a lot of slow down during specific events, which we are looking into.

• BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    I have one account that has 100+ cars. Delays. Another account with fewer cars, less delay. So yes, the # of cars does impact your experience.

That's why I'm selling off tons of cars :)

GLU only cares about your money and not taking care of their customers!!

Except we do.
    Ok then Mr Ryyst, what do I need to do to get my 3 cars back? Since they were lost to the game crashing on my phone. Is there a certain place to report it or just the usual "?" in game?

Typically CS doesn't restore cars lost. However, they will review your situation and exception can be made. Yes, the only place to do that is the "?" in game.

I'll enter a ticket and see what happens. But I won't hold my breath...............
  • RRTrapKingRRTrapKing Registered Users 734 Posts
    The game was much smoother on Facebook not many issues with lag or starting up never had many issues loading the garage or loading the race track, Just bring the game back to Facebook and a lot of people will be happy and you will most likely make a lot more money off the game just a suggestion
    Except that Facebook actually caused us more issues than we had resources to fight.