Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Who pay attentions to the TACHOMETER ? try this

Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts
I don't pay attention to the tachometer , I tap launch so therefore I only pay attention to the colored lights. The countdown lights , the dots above tachometer and the Launch button , I pay attention for those to light up. Soon as last light , lights up for every car , I tap launch from there. Only time I look at tachometer is when someone ask me for shift points , back then I use to tell people the colored dot , right above tachometer to launch at. And never thought about simply telling them the rpm within tachometer. Paying attention to the tachometer causes me to miss perfect shift , but when paying attention to the colored dots right above tachometer , I do much better.

I share this , possibly to help you guys play better.

Comments

• Options
    BilleniumBillenium Registered Users 4,260 Posts
    To me it's much easier drop launch but I don't look at tachometer I just use my timing with the rhythm of the lights.
    Ign billenium Team Wo Throttle level 250 600,000 plus street cred don't get scammed
  • Options
    SnpySnpy Registered Users 1,001 Posts
    @BLKSTANG007 r u dumb y does it say perfect theen ?
  • Options
    your wrong hahahha @BLKSTANG007
  • Options

The perfect shift point is not always the best point to shift at.

I know that , but the car i bet high and pinks with .. shift point is Perfect Shift.
  • Options
    sultanmasultanma Registered Users 107 Posts
    ok here we go

1st
    payingattention to tachometer really improves ur timing because you will be more precise on launch and shifting

some cars like bmw m3gt2 and ford shelby gt500 are so essential tachometer watching and they are good fast cars

when i used to play on sound i used to play ok but not that good but after watching tachometer i really have improved now i easily get .001 rt and hit good numbers that i hit a 6.759 on bmw m3gt2 and also 6.708 on google edition

2nd
    some cars ( and really sorry that glu decided to be clever finally lol jk glu dnt take it personally ) from the crate like huracan and new r2 huracan /mercilago sv / ford gt350 are so fast but unfortunately cant be launched on drop launch not at all if you did youd get an rt of .100+ which will affect your final result therefore those cars will be useless really for pinks / turf etc

i really seriously have no idea why did glu decide to gave us cars with bad bad launches really disapointing from glu and the disappibted part is that many cars including mentioned cars got waaaaaaaaaay too far rpms for nothing like 10k rpm and you only use uptoc7.8k for what ....i have no idea and the funny part is that we dont have a limiter adjuster to solve this problem i think they want people to rev on those cars which is a lower guaranteed win

i think it would be better if we had rpm limiter ( that you can actually adjust your tacho meter ) to points where you can feel more comfortable on driving not to mention HACKERS AND GLITCHERS are always there which will again reduce our legit players winning chances and ofcoarse glu wont respond to this unfortunately abd if they did it will be a smart bo answer :smile:

i really hope they do something about the revving limiter to help us and aid us KNOWING THAT THEY DO EXIST IN REAL WORLD AND IN REAL RACES :wink:

so some of us know something about tuning and mechanics and being honest there are number of tunings that are missing to adjust the ride perfectly to be a drivers friendly car but glu refuses that unfortunately thinking its just a game

tip reminder :

we do pay for gems and not all of us watching videos because they are not always available

and some of us are bad in softwears including me ofcourse that we dnt like to miss things up and we dont want to manipulate things
  • Options
    oh one more thing to add

the result of not seing many cars on lobbies like ford gt500 shelby and so to gt350 ford mustang and many other cars is due to their bad launch points that they are harder to control than other cars therefore you most likely will lose them in pinks to hackers / glitchers or faster cars
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I don't drop launch and i use 1 specific car for pinks and big money races. Perfect shift is perfect for the car i use.. Paying attention to the tachometer , waiting for the thin arrow to pin a certain rpm is too fast for me. Unless its a slow car or the arrow moving slow i can pin point the shift points. Paying attention the colored light dots above tachometer is much more helpful for me.

The huracan , i can tap launch . The zonda i can tap launch. Onyx , i can tap launch. Huarya i can tap launch. Whoever told you this game is ment for drop launch is unexperienced. There are some cars i drop launch cause arrow moves to slow to be tap launch. but You gotta keep your mind open to all the possible ways of playing. @sultanma You should be disappointed at yourself and not glu for thinking this game is ment for drop launch. That's just the way most people played and you happened to copy them. When you first played this game , from the start you knew you had to drop launch cars ????

From the start of this game i never even thought of drop launch as i started to tap launch and thought that's how this game is supposed to be played.

This is tap launch if you don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6SfeLwR9wE
  • Options
    @Them Exclusive you can tell that to 90% of the players i have met :smile: then i believe the 90% of the players ARE DISAPOINTED by them selves lol GTFO

and yes i know what reving or tapping is

and well since you are so pro in this game and mostly to know everything about it let me ask you this

how comes that we dont see cars that are nearly disapearing from lobbies even in turfs cars like huracan / ford gt500 / ford 350 and more?

knowing that ford gt350 mustang from crate is a tapping launch car not a drop launch car and its competing with the z28s and c7s

well your expert smart brain answer this question :smile: and oh by the way

the ford gt500 shelby used to on camaro ss older once not 2016 did u know that :smile: ?

and regarding to play style i believe everyone is having his own play style either drop launch or reving please dont tell me that you are the one who defines to me how to play this game for ive been playing here over a year by the way and ive experienced drop launch vs tapping and mostly from my own experience drop launching is better :smile: although its harder on some cars like gt500 shelby and m3gt2 but achievable and ive hit 6.759 on m3gt2 and also 6.709 on google edition :smile:

and guess what i used drop launch

so please stop lecturing me or showing off as how a smart person you are cuz well you might not be the smart one bro

answering your question on launching a car no i didnt know anything about launch drop i used to rev and its not my style

in regarding to real life driving YES drop launch does exist ive seen it by the way

so heres a news life is not just about racing rivals and how it represents drag races :smile:
  • Options
    oh and i did by the way tap launch on ford gt350 and hit a number of 8.158 :smile: i know i might do better though
  • Options
    FugyeaFugyea Registered Users 408 Posts
    Looks like he is using the ZERO RT hack. Just another cheater/scammer
  • Options
    @Fugyea are u joking on pc tht happens sometimes
  • Options
    @Fugyea the reaction time would of been ... 0.000

can you explain how I lose traction with ZERO RT hack???

• Options
    crazyjrcrazyjr Registered Users 547 Posts
    sultanma said:

ok here we go

1st

payingattention to tachometer really improves ur timing because you will be more precise on launch and shifting

some cars like bmw m3gt2 and ford shelby gt500 are so essential tachometer watching and they are good fast cars

when i used to play on sound i used to play ok but not that good but after watching tachometer i really have improved now i easily get .001 rt and hit good numbers that i hit a 6.759 on bmw m3gt2 and also 6.708 on google edition

2nd

some cars ( and really sorry that glu decided to be clever finally lol jk glu dnt take it personally ) from the crate like huracan and new r2 huracan /mercilago sv / ford gt350 are so fast but unfortunately cant be launched on drop launch not at all if you did youd get an rt of .100+ which will affect your final result therefore those cars will be useless really for pinks / turf etc

i really seriously have no idea why did glu decide to gave us cars with bad bad launches really disapointing from glu and the disappibted part is that many cars including mentioned cars got waaaaaaaaaay too far rpms for nothing like 10k rpm and you only use uptoc7.8k for what ....i have no idea and the funny part is that we dont have a limiter adjuster to solve this problem i think they want people to rev on those cars which is a lower guaranteed win

i think it would be better if we had rpm limiter ( that you can actually adjust your tacho meter ) to points where you can feel more comfortable on driving not to mention HACKERS AND GLITCHERS are always there which will again reduce our legit players winning chances and ofcoarse glu wont respond to this unfortunately abd if they did it will be a smart bo answer :smile:

i really hope they do something about the revving limiter to help us and aid us KNOWING THAT THEY DO EXIST IN REAL WORLD AND IN REAL RACES :wink:

so some of us know something about tuning and mechanics and being honest there are number of tunings that are missing to adjust the ride perfectly to be a drivers friendly car but glu refuses that unfortunately thinking its just a game

tip reminder :

we do pay for gems and not all of us watching videos because they are not always available

and some of us are bad in softwears including me ofcourse that we dnt like to miss things up and we dont want to manipulate things

As far as most of the unlaunchable cars, use the launch buttom like a light, The BMW M1 and 2 are set late on the launch button, the lambo stock i. the new crate lambo is below the launch light (about a secon below) and almost impossible to launch on a drops mid launch light. That new lambo is the only one i seen, where you absolutely have to tap launch, as it's impossible to guess the exact drop. Personally, i'd like all cars to drop late first light, but 99% of the cars can be dropped, even if off of the launch button. It's all about expermenting
  • Options
    @crazyjr i know what u mean bud ford 350 mustang / huracan either r class or r2 class / merci sv r class from crate now whats the point of having all these rpms while your shifting for example on huracan r2 class is only @6400-6700 rpm and ur limiter for example ( cant remember ) is at 9k or more might be its so useless and so annoying for having that much UNUSEFUL far rpm its really making no since....not even for humor ...so whats the point of having all this rpm just to showoff ?...comeon lol

one more thing is the green dot space in other cars on launches like bmw m3gt2

now this car is really giving me a bad bad headache i know the Launch point is @3000 rpm exactly less than that its a slacky launch point more than that its a tire spinning point

there shouldve been better way of doing it even for shelby gt500 same issue but in different points and also by the way the c6.r is having this issue too

i mean ok pro people do drive those cars for knowing exact timing when and how but the clearance on launching is too small that u really are going most likely to miss it therefore you dont see that much of those cars around the game so whats the point of having them since they are not drivable to the public....i know how to launch them by the way no problems but other people mostly will lose to me therefore its a very boring thing really u dnt see people competing you in those cars...which is sad even if they did mostly u know youd win and there it goes the bordom....comeon we need some excitement
  • Options
    TimothyLiuTimothyLiu Registered Users 34 Posts
    Almost all cars can be drop launched..either making launch button as the light,or release the pedal a bit earlier than the countdown light...all u need is experiment imo..
  • Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    And perfect shift lights aren't always where you NEED to shift. Like the furai XD
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    To those who think that perfect is where you want to shift, I will race you pinks in the exact same car and the exact same tune. I bet you I win 99% of the races. Many cars have shifts points that are not perfect. For example the Subaru coupe. Those shift points are 6500-6800 rpms even though the tach goes to 9k. If you shift at perfect you will lose to anyone running the same tune who shifts at 6800. Bmw M3 gt3 shifts at 8000 rpms, bmw m1 and m2 5500-6500. And so on. So even though there is a perfect shift spot on the tach, it isn't always the best shift points for a car. Most cars in this game have shift points either early, late or a combo of the two.
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    I drop murci sv easy every time , dunno why u say u can't. Can't drop a firebird though.