Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

A bit of everything that you should add

BunnySwagBunnySwag Registered Users 30 Posts
1. Civic/Evo Rivals edition- Suprised they havent had a Turf Edition
2. More D-Class cars- I personally like A and S class cars more, but D class would entertain people who cant afford to max alot of S class cars.
3. Drag Edition- You guys already put Race Edition, Rivals Edition, and Glu Edition, why not add drag edition, make the cars look like the Scion XB Dragster
4. More Drag cars- Its a drag racing game :/
5. Drag Customization- Some cars are just not worth the time, because they perform the same as others, but since theres not customization theres no point. (Hemi Cuda, Javalin, Classic Camaro, 72 Vette)
6. More car brands- Audi, Lexus, Jaguar, Chrysler, Ferrari, Porsche, Lotus, Vauxhall, Bugatti, Rolls Royce.
7. More Turf/Racer Showdown Events- Its getting repetitive
8. Trading System- Its a big part of the game, wether you like it or not, just give the fans what they want
9. More Trucks- I personally dont mind wether not you put more in, but people want more trucks
10. Add SUVs- Idk, something just tells me I want SUVs
11. Show ratings of players in multiplayer lobbies- Its not that big of a deal, but it should be considered atleast
12. Vault cars that make sense- You guys at first vaulted cars that had newer versions of themselves, but now you vault cars randomly. You dont even vault cars that are pointless, like the Furai. (I doubt it makes you money)
13. Another Day of racershowdown- Maybe add Rims as the prize, it would be pretty cool
14. Auction Block- I dont care for it too much, but it woulf be something
15. Better tech support- I contacted you guys a long time ago, I havent gotten one response

Comments

• Options
    CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    16 and some body-kits.
  • Options
    17 an ignore option for teams
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    1. Evo RE, yes. Civic RE for April Fools event. :p
    2. Not worth adding cars that aren't worth much.
    3. Yes yes yes.
    4. Yep.
    5. Definitely.
    6. If licensing allows, I'd like to see them.
    7. I agree.
    8. Yep, people want it, so give it to them.
    9. Yep.
    10. Maybe. Not many interesting ones out there though.
    11. It's not like that in real life, so probably not.
    12. Yep.
    13. Maybe. There should be prize wraps/cars for it.
    14. Maybe.
    15. We need way better support. GLU doesn't even care about support.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    I can't speak to everything on this list, but here are a few...

3. The hard part for us is our licensing deals with the car companies. Anything we do to a car needs to be approved by the car companies themselves and most only approve official modifications. Adding some unobtrusive cosmetics is one things (and some companies don't even like that) custom modifications get tricky and mostly do not get approved.

6. Porshe has exclusive deals with other game companies. I'm not sure what the deal is with the other companies you've mentioned, I'm sure we've approached them.

8. Just having a trading lot seems like a simple thing yeah? It's actually not that simple. It's actually a very complex system to ensure it works with all devices, that it can't be abused, and that it won't disrupt the economy. In other words, it needs to be controlled. We've been looking at different ways to implement it.

11. We used to. We took it out because you're not supposed to know what's under a car's hood.

15. Our response time is a few days. If you used the "?" in game, you do not receive email responses, check the "?" in game again for responses.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Am l the only one that noticed that the games name is Racing Rivals, racing being the key word here, not Trading Buddies ?
  • Options
    Ok cool, the porsche thing Ik about, dont know why i wrote it, but I think trading if implemented should have its own time and its seperate big update. I honestly underestimated the effort into putting it in, I thought it was just an unwilligness more than a roadblock, because trading has never been supported really.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    BunnySwag said:

Ok cool, the porsche thing Ik about, dont know why i wrote it, but I think trading if implemented should have its own time and its seperate big update. I honestly underestimated the effort into putting it in, I thought it was just an unwilligness more than a roadblock, because trading has never been supported really.

We had one in Nitto Legends... caused a lot of issues.

Part of it is loading and the limitations of devices. All those trades and sales need to be stored somewhere.. .and loaded onto devices. It's punishing on some older devices just loading someones garage... add all the trades and sales info to that when loading the game.

Thats just one issue of many.

We know you all want it, and we've tried several iterations. Just never worked in a way that would not bog down the game and/or ruin the economy.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    Ok, I hope you guys maybe find a solution down the line, I understand that its alot harder than I expected.
  • Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    I'd add a cheap D-class car that is utterly useless for racing.

The purpose is to have a second car to use for pinking trades. That way if you lose it to a scammer, no big deal.

For newbies trying to get new cars after being scammed and only having one car left, a huge hurdle to recovery is getting enough money for a second car so someone else can help them.

Right now, the only option is saving 19K RRC to get a Toyota Corolla GT-R since the Datsun (16K) was vaulted. To newbies, that's a huge amount of money. $19K divided by $300 per race (maybe more if you get shifts and launch right) for racing a class D = huge amount of time.

Something like 1K price, can't be sold back to the system, and rated like 1500, totally useless for racing (30 second time for racing).

• Options
    You almost described the Datsun lol