Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

GAME FREEZES AND CLOSES

cpremecpreme Registered Users 306 Posts
Its been a problem for the past week, i'd do 4-6 races sometimes 2 and then it'll freeze and close out right after a race & before i can click continue.

Comments

• cpremecpreme Registered Users 306 Posts

Hi @cpreme,

Is your game account linked to Facebook or Game Center?

⚡ MightyDanish ⚡

Both sir. @mightydanish
  • Captain MayhamCaptain Mayham Registered Users 25 Posts
    Ok this is what has happened to me and is still going on at this moment.
    Since the sixth of October, starting right at the start of the turf, it has loaded as far as the last car you race then goes to the back ground. This went on for 18 hours before I could start racing in the turf in the first stage. It started again and did the same thing, this time for 22 hours in the second stage. Got in a few races but lagging quite a bit.
    Now I've deleted the game and data, reinstalled it, but did not log in just created a junk account. Ran it for 2 hours with out any problems, including multiplayer. No disconnections, no lag,
    While still in that junk account, I logged in to the Game Center and loaded my account, and low and behold. The same thing.
    This also went on through the whole of stage 3. No races at all.
    I've one hour of play time since then, and couldn't get hold of my team mates to let them know what's going on.
    Something is wrong withe my account and I have no ideas as how this is doing this.
    I've ran numerous tests on my network systems, everything is working correctly.
    iPad 2 iOS 9.1 with 50 gig free space.
    It's a great game and I would like to keep playing it.
    Like to help in some way.
  • cpremecpreme Registered Users 306 Posts
    I already reinstalled , it continues to do it I have 3gb free
  • cntr_masscntr_mass Registered Users 4 Posts
    I SENT THE GAME ALL MY INFO DO TO THIS ISSUE AND THEY SAY NOTHING IS WRONG WITH IT BUT IF I HAVE A BIG WIN,LOSS,OR JUST DOING A WHOLE LOT LIKE CHATTING AND TUNING IT WILL JUST CLOSE ITSELF OUT. STARTING TO GET ANNOYED
  • okiebug0101okiebug0101 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 51 Posts
    edited January 2016
    You know don't you wish they would tell you the truth , because the problem with game crashes and getting kicked off is not the game , but the servers . Your server and there server are not cooperating with each other. You as well as them can't do anything about it but change servers what I would like to know is how many megabytes do you need to run the game with out it crashing ? I have three megabytes available , is that enough or do I need more , if I need more then I should move to a desktop and stop playing on an iPad.
    Well, in talking with Glu, and with Apple, Glu is saying that the problem is with Apple. And it's not Apple. As I build computers, and have written programs and worked on games, it's all in the programming. I've reinstalled without logging in to the Game Center, and the game runs fine. As soon as I login to the Game Center, the disconnections and lag start.
    As I have not seen or heard of the servers going down for servicing, but there other things.
    I've raced mostly in the 1625 lobby with Glu car. Now when everyone in the lobby is at 1625 and lower, the game runs great with a little lag, but put anyone above that limit, heavier lag and disconnections.
    That's the lobby jumpers that are doing it to me. Again at Glu, allows anyone to join any lobby with any car.
    That over writes the programming for every lobby.
    I CANT JOIN ANY TURF,SHOWDOWN, OR TOURNAMENTS BECAUSE OF THIS.
    FOR ALL TURF TEAMS
    THANKS FOR THE INVITES TO YOUR TEAMS, BUT BECAUSE OF THE PROBLEMS LISTED ABOVE I CANNOT JOIN ANY TEAMS, PLUS SOME OF THE MINIMUMS ARE TO HIGH.
    The issues I've had have been going on for months.
    I followed the advice about the wifi and did get a better signal, but I can't check it against the game server.

I've asked the question about the ads, as I can't even get extra gems or cash as it freezes the game, and there are no ads when racing.

The only other way to look at the files inside my iPad is to jailbreak it.
    Just an update here's what Glu said in the last email.
    Hi!

We checked our records and consulted with our developers as well and we do not see any issues with your Racing Rivals account. If you are not able to play as soon as you login to your Game Center account, then I request you to kindly contact Apple Support as they will be able assist you appropriately.

Apologies for the delay and for the inconvenience

In talking with Apple, they say that there is nothing wrong with the iOS or my iPad.

So I'm at a lost weather to jailbreak my iPad, put up with the way it runs, or dump the game.