Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

**Rip-off silver crate experience**

OXFLIPXOOXFLIPXO Registered Users 13 Posts
Ok I completely understand and expect that I will get some duplicates when opening any crates. However what I experienced is beyond fairness for money spent. So yesterday I opened two 10 packs of silver crates trying to fulfill a Lambo Murci blueprint and a Merc D-Class DTM blueprint. I already owned 4 Lambo prints and 5 Merc prints. Upon opening the first 10 pack I received 5 Toyota Supra's, a wrapped Nissan 370Z, a set of wheels and a couple prints (completed the Merc prints). I was a little disappointed about the Supra's but was willing to chalk it up as a loss and forget about it. I decided to open another 10 pack of silver crates to try and get that Lambo print complete. So after opening the next 10 crates I was in complete shock and disbelief. Out of the 10 crates opened, 7 OF THEM WERE TOYOTA SUPRAS!!!!! 7. Out. Of. 10.
COME ON GLU!!! How is this considered getting your money's worth? Who would want such an outcome? This is beyond ridiculous that I cannot even comprehend how you could adjust the output algorithm of the crates to deliver such overwhelming outcomes? I mean come on, out of 20 crates I opened (AROUND $55 OF REAL MONEY) I received 12 duplicate Toyota Supras. This is totally unacceptable and it is really a turn off to continue playing and supporting this game. I don't mind paying for entertainment, but I do mind when I do not feel satisfied or when I feel that I have been ripped off. My in game name is OXFLIPXO. I have already sent a ticket to support through the in game support system but have not been responded to. Please get back to me asap or if anyone else has experienced insanely unfair outcomes then I'd like to hear your experience as well. This is my first post in the forums, so if this has been brought up already or posted about then I apologize.

TL:DR-opened 20 silver crates and got 12 (yes 12) Toyota Supras!!!

Comments

• Options
    RR718RRRR718RR Registered Users 46 Posts
    i watch videos until i'm blue in the face to get my gems, unless its an event like the BMW that just passed. i have never gotten a fair outcome opening crates always paints or a lot of something i didn't want never the blueprints i went out for, it appears as if the good car blueprints are spread very far apart causing you to buy 40 crates before getting it. When the Benz was added to the bronze crate i got one blueprint in my first buy of 10, i didn't even bother until i noticed the sale yesterday and again only got 2 blueprints. that's 20 crates already and only 3 blueprints total. i don't even bother with the silver and gold crates there to much and the free cars are not worth it.
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    Same thing happened to me once. With Focuses. That's how dodgy it is.
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    Same here but like a true idiot I keep going back.
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    Trust me this is something that the team of guys that went to the GLU studios in Long Beach have already brought to their attention. I can assure you they adjusted the crates before and as they seem to have gotten bad again we will continue to remind them about the horrible %'s that seem to be getting pulled from there.
    www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    Exxplosion thanks for the info. I guess there really ain't shit I can do, I've already sent a ticket to Glu with no response.
  • Options
    JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    Man i always just buy cars from here because of that exact thing. Sucks though because i never have boosts now. Once they fix it im going broke on silver crates.
  • Options
    sickcivicsickcivic Registered Users 816 Posts
    I jus bought that deal 4 tha bronze crate deal 6 4 480 gems whtevr it is. N I got 4 wraped s2ks. Very dissatisfied
  • Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    Stop buying crates. Bet it gets fixed real fast ;)
  • Options
    Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    Can I buy a bundle of supras :) ?
  • Options
    freddie0683freddie0683 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 164 Posts
    edited January 2016
    In bronze crates i got 4 bmw 128i and 3 white matte 1 rim and 1 black matte. Pissed!!
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    @freddie0683 That's actually quite good. And there are no 325is, what do you mean?
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    Not when youre 1 crate away from the mercedes and you buy a 10 pack cause you know you are gonna get that last blueprint and you dont. It came 5 crates later after that 10 pack. This is money im working for and i would hope they can respect that and hand out the main prizes a little more often. The algorithm is jacked.
  • Options
    DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Yup, I was spending way to much money on crates...

I'm done until they are fixed or I am reimbursed.

Cars you can pay me back for -

wrapped BMW 128i - 5 in total
    Supra - 6 in total
    Nissan 370z g wrapped and unwrapped - 15 in total
    Acura nsx - 5 in total
    Honda S2000 CR - 5 in total

36 cars, that I have left, of total garbage that I got boned with. Turn down the frequency to 5-10‰ chance....

And put vaulted cars in the crates. If I wanted a showroom car, I would be buying a freaking crate.

BOYCOTT THE CRATES TIL THEY ARE FIXED.

I'm done buying them.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • Options
    1320_Killer1320_Killer Registered Users 2,283 Posts
    stop buyin gems racing rivals 2 coming soon .

IGN : 1320killer
  • Options
    How? What? Nah-uh? @1320_Killer
  • Options
    PR0DUSTERPR0DUSTER Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 571 Posts
    Or maybe racing hackers 2/racing scammers 2
  • Options
    Alright this is getting a little out of hand now Glu!! And I know I know I'm just a stupid sucker but I had a goal and was trying to reach it (fill a blueprint to claim a car) after my while Supra debacle I said screw it, let me press my luck one more time. What happened next is astonishingly pathetic. I purchased another 10 pack of silver crates (I know I'm as dumb as they come) so I received 8 Nissan Skylines!! EIGHT IN A ROW!!! Also I got 1 wrapped 370Z and matte white paint scheme. I alsjust figured out that it only happens when I purchase 10 packs. If I buy one at a time, then I get normal (non repetitive) results. So obviously it's some algorithm with the 10 packs. 8 skylines in a row, every time one crate closed I knew I would see those damn headlights pop right up. This is completely unacceptable. Change the way they do the 10 packs or I'm sure you will lose a lot of customers because of this. We all work hard for our money and I don't mind paying for good entertainment value. But how is getting 8 identical cars back to back entertaining? It's not and it is a total rip off. How is anyone from Glu or Cie not commenting on this and/or trying to fix it and save some of its customer base? I mean really? Come on guys, you can do so much better...
  • Options
    eXxPLoSiOneXxPLoSiOn Registered Users 844 Posts
    OXFLIPXO said:

Alright this is getting a little out of hand now Glu!! And I know I know I'm just a stupid sucker but I had a goal and was trying to reach it (fill a blueprint to claim a car) after my while Supra debacle I said screw it, let me press my luck one more time. What happened next is astonishingly pathetic. I purchased another 10 pack of silver crates (I know I'm as dumb as they come) so I received 8 Nissan Skylines!! EIGHT IN A ROW!!! Also I got 1 wrapped 370Z and matte white paint scheme. I alsjust figured out that it only happens when I purchase 10 packs. If I buy one at a time, then I get normal (non repetitive) results. So obviously it's some algorithm with the 10 packs. 8 skylines in a row, every time one crate closed I knew I would see those damn headlights pop right up. This is completely unacceptable. Change the way they do the 10 packs or I'm sure you will lose a lot of customers because of this. We all work hard for our money and I don't mind paying for good entertainment value. But how is getting 8 identical cars back to back entertaining? It's not and it is a total rip off. How is anyone from Glu or Cie not commenting on this and/or trying to fix it and save some of its customer base? I mean really? Come on guys, you can do so much better...

Trust me this is something that the team of guys that went to the GLU studios in Long Beach have already brought to their attention. I can assure you they adjusted the crates before and as they seem to have gotten bad again we will continue to remind them about the horrible %'s that seem to be getting pulled from there.

@OXFLIPXO

www.VideoGamesUnderground.com
    555R | Nitto 1320 Challenge | Nitto Legends | Fueled Racing | Racing Rivals

1 of 13 Devils
    2015 Players Council Member
    2016 Players Council Member
    2018 Players Summit Member

#VGUSesko
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    We're going to be looking into the drop percentages of the silver crates
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    BfrailBfrail Registered Users 5,204 Posts
    Lol. Hope you guys dont play the lottery. If you do your probably Always stressed from disappointment
  • Options
    rsxpwrrsxpwr Registered Users 59 Posts
    I don't waste my money on crates it's a rip off
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    "Fair"? What is "fair?" Who determines what is "fair?" Was there any promise of receiving specific cars or blueprints within so many crate purchases? I never read any. Are you being forced to buy crates? I don't think so. Does RR OWE you anything? Not really. So I can certainly understand how this experience is extremely frustrating and aggravating to you, but perhaps "fair" is the wrong word to use. Nothing is "fair" in life.
  • Options
    Chevyz34Chevyz34 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Ryyst looking into the drop percentages won't do you any good. It's obvious that the issue is in the random number generator. You probably seed off the time or something similar which is why people get chunks of the same item only when buying in multiples. Get a better random number generation subroutine.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    Chevyz34 said:

Ryyst looking into the drop percentages won't do you any good. It's obvious that the issue is in the random number generator. You probably seed off the time or something similar which is why people get chunks of the same item only when buying in multiples. Get a better random number generation subroutine.

We looked into it and made some adjustments to the drop weights. Random is still random though.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    There's a simple message here - don't buy gems and open crates - they advertise the new Kron one in silver - people buy crates and it ain't even released yet

And with all the problems in game how comes we don't get compensated
  • Options
    papoupapou Registered Users 1,629 Posts
    i Buy crates all the time, mostly silver, but drop rates for paints and some blueprints are just ridiculous. Just as you have a showroom for cars, and a forum to buy/sell cars, there should also be a showroom for accessories & paints to go along with the forum to buy/sell accessories. More people would spend more money.
  • Options
    1967ChevelleSS-dude get off your high horse. Anyone would be a little frustrated with results like these. And it wasn't just one time that it has happened. I'm new to this game so I thought I would join the forums and see if I could do anything or get the attention of the devs since apparently my in game support inquiries yielded no results. And it looks like I'm not the only one this is happening to. So please spare me your philosophies in fairness. God forbid I come here and try to find some information pertinent to my gaming experience. I didn't realize the forum gods would cometh to cast judgement upon me. Lol

All I'm saying is for everyone's sake, make the crates more FAIR as far as not repeating the same results over and over again. I'll bet you one thing, I'll put my paycheck up that no one gets 8 Agera R blueprints in a row. Or in the gold crates no one gets 8 Lambo Huracan prints in a row. Just make me feel like I got my money's worth, otherwise I'm not going to spend anymore. But again, let me just say that I don't mind paying for good entertainment, of which this experience was not. And since this has happened multiple times I will no longer be throwing my money away. If it was $5 bucks then i wouldn't even waste my time. But it's more like $50 or more...so yeah I feel ripped off.