Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.

Supercharger events

[RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
edited January 2016 in Talk About Racing Rivals
*** UPDATE ***
Thanks for all your info. We think we've isolated the issue and we are now working on it.

So we've been seeing a lot of reports that there tends to be a lot of lag when there is a Supercharger event in Showdown and Turf.

We'd like to know the following so we can further troubleshoot it:

1. What activities show slow down? For example, switching from a race to the garage, changing from one car to another, going from the customize screen to the garage... etc.
2. When you experience lag, how long is it taking to load the screen
3. What device are you using?
4. Which OS?
5. Do you experience ONLY when there is a Supercharger event on? Or is it all the time or only when there is a Showdown or Turf going on?
6. Any other pieces of information you think may help us pin point this down.
IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

Prev1

Comments

• BunnySwagBunnySwag Registered Users 30 Posts
    1. Loading garage from anywhere, first loading the game, going from a showdown to the garage, loading other peoples garage.
    Another part is right when the race ends, and the results are shown, I'll crash and miss my oppurtunity to crush the car.

2. A good minute and a half for the garage and about 30-45 seconds for the results

3. Iphone 5

4. IOS 9.2

5. All the time, mostly during turf, but can occur in Racershowdown at night, and both are terrible at night. (Night for me is around 6:00 P.M. Central)

6. Its mostly when a turf event just starts, for me its laggy for the whole turf, but its really bad when the event first starts.
  • Gavc19Gavc19 Registered Users 202 Posts
    Pretty much exactly what bunnyswag said.

Anytime going to the garage, whether first loading the game or going back to the garage after racing. The racing lobbies themselves seem fine. It could take more than a minute.

ihpone 5
    ios 9.2

during showdown or turf
  • BikermikeyblackBikermikeyblack Registered Users 376 Posts
    Ditto here with iphone 6
  • youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    Same here with android have the latest version not sure what they're calling it tho
  • Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    @youlie latest version of android is 5.1.1 lollipop I believe
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • JSE RacingJSE Racing Registered Users 1,573 Posts
    They're announcing one called marshmallow not sure if it's a soak test or official release yet @youlie .
    I always use WiFi on my android so lobbies and tourney works great. But even WiFi can't save me from the garage loadings or waiting on race results I can get stuck for up to 2 minutes just to see my rt..
  • freddie0683freddie0683 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 164 Posts
    In turf wars, after the race, it force closes on me. Sometimes every race. Mainly every 3 or 4 races. All i can think of is the valuable time being lost and that my team may be slipping from 100 to 101 because of this force close situation.
    PLEASE fix this. Yesterday I spent 50 minutes of my free time in supercharger showdown and won maybe 10 races in 50 minutes, not because I am slow. Because your game wont work in supercharger events. I spent most of that 50 minutes waiting for my game or garage to load. Now I hear that you may be having supercharger event on Sunday. If this is so and this isn't fixed then shame on you GLU. Intentionally upsetting hundreds of your customers and frustrating them. Switch the event to a free for all, US cars, turbo, pretty much any other event works perfectly.
    I used to enjoy supercharger events and made sure I could convert my rides to race. No point these days. Me and many others wont race on the last day. This blatant disregard to fix your game or simply avoid the problem will lose more customers.
  • SilverninaSilvernina Registered Users 30 Posts
    Not only does it lag like crazy but none of the cars i tune stay tuned.At first i chalked it up to me being an air head but its not ive spent so much time and gems plus rrc fixing my cars in the middle of turf its ridiculous. Not to mention the insane amouint of time it takes just to load a car or install a part.Im not trying to be a jerk but i find it hard to belive you didnt know about this!!! do you not have testers foe this?This is a huge issue especially for turf wars when evey single point counts and time is as important.Please fix it or remove the event until it is fixed im gonna have a heart attack if i go through one more turf in a sc event and it takes me 12 hours to make 100 points.
    the tuning nonsense happens all the time not just superchargers but yeah the lag will make that be even more annoying.
  • RandyPRandyP Registered Users 1,010 Posts
    SO im using a nexus 6 with android 6.1

I dont have problems with lagg things, more like this game is stuttering or freezing for anywhere between 3-20 seconds.

Mostly occurs after a race when switching back to lobby or when going from a lobby to garage.

Also this is NOT sc specific, it happens for me even without any ig events
  • KamonsellKamonsell Registered Users 144 Posts
    My experience is pretty much the same. iPhone 6s, latest OS. Takes forever (20-30 sec) going to garage when sorted by Eligible for Turf during SC only, problems with tuning as well. I have noticed that within 15 seconds of turf day ending, all the problems disappear, loading goes back to normal times and game runs smooth.
  • Lbhero34Lbhero34 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 38 Posts
    Feb 1st thru Feb 8th do not buy gems, crates, cars, cash or anything else in the game. Join us and help send a clear message to Glu. Hit em where it hurts, in the wallet. This company has no respect for the customer or those who keep them in business. Let's make it clear that shit needs to change!!!
  • Ram24879Ram24879 Registered Users 360 Posts
    The game turned stupidly slow the instant the supercharger event started tonight. And I mean THE INSTANT. Lmao. Just like its been for all the SC events in the past weeks. Game takes like 2 min to load into garage and the same amount to go from the track to the garage or when doing anything that isn't chatting or racing.
  • D4NG3R 72D4NG3R 72 Registered Users 1,399 Posts
    I've had enough, why put this event on if it doesn't work properly, it takes 15 minutes to load the game, and ages to reload when going back to garage, same after repairing car, I've had 5 races in over an hour and a half, I messaged via in game and they said there is nothing wrong and to check at my end. Game sucks
  • DecoChugDecoChug Registered Users 531 Posts
    edited January 2016
    1,2 & 5 are the same for me as what BunnySwag has stated.
    3. HTC One M8
    4. Android, The last version before the latest update
  • C Dees NutsC Dees Nuts Registered Users 1,271 Posts
    This problem has arisen once again. Every supercharger turf war or racer showdown event slows the game to snail speed across all devices. I have played on my HTC ONE M8 phone, Galaxy Tab 3 and iPad Mini 2 and have encountered the same problem. They are all equipped with the latest operating systems available. Loading the game, going back to one's garage from the map, going from the garage to upgrade screen or customize screen and performing engine maintenance all take anywhere from 60 seconds to several minutes.
    Agreed but it is actually a tiny bit better this weekend then it has been in the past. Only takes an extra min or so now. So they're headed in the right direction
  • MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Awesome supercharge event is here and I'm
    Stuck on loading screen - can't even get on
  • Gypsy Drag KingGypsy Drag King Registered Users 20 Posts
    Taking me almost 10mins to go from lobby change cars & go to diff lobby , I'm on iOS 6 & took 11/2 hrs to make 900 pts. Been playin a year & have never missed a teams minimum but because of no crush in stage 1& lag in stage 3 . For the first time I'm gonna miss min & miss turf car not because of my skills or tunes but because of game lag
  • CannatunaCannatuna Registered Users 121 Posts
    My screen just freezes. I have to keep closing and reopen the app.
  • lowstance123lowstance123 Registered Users 4 Posts
    Lags goin in and out of garage.
    Phone.. note 5 android
  • Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    Yep- same old shittttt! Every sc event! Why is it only sc? Seems weird.
    I had to stick to one pandora the whole day because every time i tried to get in my garage it would freeze!! Cost me a lot in gem repairs!!!!
    It really needs looking into glu.
  • 1967ChevelleSS1967ChevelleSS Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 82 Posts
    As soon as the SC event started for turfs this weekend, it took me 30 minutes to get the game to reload after program crashed. Took on average 10 minutes to get into garage and 5 to 10 minutes if making any tuning adjustments. Once I got to a turf lobby, I'd get maybe two or three races in and the game would crash again! Then another 10 to 20 minutes to get back to my garage again. I blew through HUNDREDS of gems doing instant repairs in lobbies so I wouldn't have to waste time trying to get back into my garage. THE GAME WAS UNPLAYABLE! JUST RIDICULOUS! YOU GUYS SHOULD AWARD EVERYBODY 2500 GEMS JUST FOR ENDURING THIS CRAP!
    Lmfao yea that's gonna happen!

But seriously tho the delay stopped as soon as turf was over. Like literally the second turf ended there was no more lag :/
    I told them as well as numerous other. Hell this thread proves they know there is a problem and put it on anyway. I would have had 50k+ maybe 60,70 but instead stopped at 44K and had bette things to do than stare at a screen that is frozen.
    I have the same issue as Moneymakeracer. Whenever there is a supercharged event, I can't even load into the game. Freezes on "Stage 5: Resolving races"

Samsung galaxy S3
    CFW Cyanogen Mod 12.1 OS (android 5.0.1)

Only during SC events does this happen. I might be able to suffer the insane loading g times, at least that way I make points. Even of only a small amount. But this is ridiculous that during SC events I can't even load the game whatsoever. If I'm already in when an SC event starts, it instantly freezes, and j can't get back in. I agree with some previous posters, we should be reimbursed in the form of gems. Especially those that are forced to Gem repair cars because they can't load their garage to switch cars without it freezing.
    Seems like now its doing the thing on turbo event
    Lemme guess there is an SC event today? Cuz I can't load into my game once again lol and that's the only time it does that.
    Seems like now its doing the thing on turbo event