Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

how to decipher a Clone

ShackleZShackleZ Registered Users 488 Posts
need some help on this situation how can i tell?

Comments

• Options
    anyone i need to know before i buy
  • Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    Good question. I wish RRyst or other Glu people can answer this.
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    From a player end, there really is no way to tell.

If you are worried about being banned, just remember this.

Its never about you owning a car, its about the behaviors you show. play the game as intended and you will be fine.

Just remember that buying /trading/selling is not intended. While we probably wouldn't take action against the buying and selling of cars, certain behaviors do get flagged and some excessive behaviors also might be flagged.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    what do you mean by "excessive behaviors also might be flagged"
    i only race multiplayer and turf and rarely participate in showdown and tournament
  • Options
    Buying and selling a lot of cars... moving a lot of cars...

Was meant as a tack on to my statement that buying/trading/selling cars is not normal gameplay.. while we probably won't take action if you do these things, doing them a lot may be flagged either by our automatic system or from our cheating checks.

• Options
    ok so if i buy 1 car a week i should be ok? and no worries?
  • Options
    Buying/selling/trading is still not really approved gameplay... so I can't say its okay... in any capacity.

• Options
    Them ExclusiveThem Exclusive Registered Users 1,671 Posts

Buying/selling/trading is still not really approved gameplay... so I can't say its okay... in any capacity.

Theres this forum that has everything to do with selling , trading , and buying ...cloners , scammers and legits .. active here.. yet the game hasn't approved it ??? Arent you the one that set up the new "accessory sales" category ? If you cant say anything is okay , then why does this forum exist ?
  • Options
    Once again.... that section was created (mind you its says "Unsupported" everywhere), because then the admins and mods would spend most of their time deleting trade/sales/buying/scammer posts. Which at one point I was going to do. The community and I worked it out so that I created unofficial mods and a new section for unsupported activities so that those topics are kept out of the rest of the forums. It was a compromise.

Just because we put up a section to filter out unwanted posts, does not mean we support it in any way.

• Options
    I take unsupported as in , ..being scammed or robbed .. and those being unreplaceable by racing rivals ...and not as in , taking a risk of losing my account for trading , selling , and buying .
  • Options
    Do the developers of racing rivals know of this forums ? If they do , then why is the gameplay of selling , trading , and buying not approved yet ? as this forums must of been up for years breaking these rules .
  • Options
    It's unsupported as in " Not Supported". Being scammed would not happen if you don't participate in unsupported activities... which is also why in cases of being "scammed" our CS team does not assist.

It's not supported because there is no mechanic to do so. Gameplay consist of racing. Agreements that may be made to win or lose on purpose are not recognized. You do that kind of activity at your own risk.

We've discussed an d planned several iterations of a "trade" feature, however they were not feasible. It's not that simple as we have several factors we need to consider.

And yes the devs know of these forums considering this is the official forums for Rivals....run by Glu.

• Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    edited January 2016

It's unsupported as in " Not Supported". Being scammed would not happen if you don't participate in unsupported activities... which is also why in cases of being "scammed" our CS team does not assist.

It's not supported because there is no mechanic to do so. Gameplay consist of racing. Agreements that may be made to win or lose on purpose are not recognized. You do that kind of activity at your own risk.

We've discussed an d planned several iterations of a "trade" feature, however they were not feasible. It's not that simple as we have several factors we need to consider.

And yes the devs know of these forums considering this is the official forums for Rivals....run by Glu.

If trades/sales are unsupported, how the hell are we supposed to get a reasonably good car without spending hundreds of real life dollars on gems?
    I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    ILoveYouILoveYou Registered Users 1,268 Posts
    by pinks lol @_Galactic_Emperor_
  • Options
    Galactic EmperorGalactic Emperor Registered Users 3,940 Posts
    @ILoveYou But someone needs to buy those cars in the first place.

I can see the Statue of Liberty from here
  • Options
    DdgDktaRlzDdgDktaRlz Registered Users 15,244 Posts
    Add a "trade" option in the drop down menu. If both players do not select it, then the race is null, a tie. Pinks transfer.

I won't eliminate most of the deals done, but it will help reduce car trade scams.
    Yes I'm a jerk and proud of it.

No, I don't like you. I don't have a reason you would comprehend.
  • Options
    Foley VAFoley VA Registered Users 2,523 Posts
    Am I the only one that remembers the used car lot on nitto 1320 and nitto legends?
  • Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    I like that not once does rr ryyst say that he will be fixing this cloning
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    BTSRBTSR Registered Users 427 Posts
    Unsupported means "caveat emptor" and "caveat vendor" - let the buyer beware and let the seller beware.

It means you're on your own buying and selling between players. You cannot expect a reimbursement for cars lost to scammers.
  • Options

I like that not once does rr ryyst say that he will be fixing this cloning

That was never actually asked in this thread was it? I've said it in other threads though.

• Options
    Koaleader171Koaleader171 Registered Users 457 Posts
    Guys, you all know that from day one this game had a disclaimer saying that trading is not supported do so at your own risk. Now I'm all for a trade function of some sort. But you guys can't expect Glu, or anyone such as Ryyst to reimburse you for losing a car when the game clearly states "Player trades are not supported. Do so at your own risk" Every single one of the cars in this game is available to get without spending a dime on the game. If you want a car go out and win it, work for it. And if you trade don't get mad at the developers for not reimbursing you if you get scammed. The player who scammed you is at fault not the devs.
    "Whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."
  • Options
    mpkpropkmpkpropk Registered Users 715 Posts
    So there is no real way to tell if I own a clones car or not?
  • Options
    freddie0683freddie0683 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 164 Posts
    @Ryyst is it true pinking more than 19 times in a 24 hr period will get you banned?
  • Options
    Is 19 the magic #?
  • Options
    @freddie0683 its more about how quickly the cars are pinked. If you pinkslip too many cars over within a short amount of time is when it triggers the autoban. From personal experience (with two secondary accounts I set up just for this purpose) I was able to slip 15 cars from account A to account B within 10 minutes before the account got banned. So I'd say as long as you keep it under 15 cars ( I wouldn't go higher than ten to be safe) per hour you should be fine and not trigger the ban. For obvious reasons however, I highly doubt Ryyst or any other admin will tell you the actual number, because that would then allow hackers to hack and cheat more effeciently
  • Options
    @Koaleader171 Thanks for the awesome input man. That's really clever how you set up the two accounts, i would of never even thought of that because the risk involved with actually losing the account(s). I will time my next transfer, wish i would of timed it this last time i may have done 19 in an hour. But 15 is a good safe number.
  • Options
    Glad I could help. Like I said for safety sake if you are moving cars between accounts try to keep it at no more than ten per hour. That way you know you are on the safe side. And I just used a bunch of civics I had so when the account got banned it didn't really matter. They were all stock lol.
  • Options
    MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    18 cars a hour and 39mil a hour is safe apparently - do more than that and you risk getting banned