Over the course of the last five years, Racing Rivals has grown into one of the most hardcore racing games in the world. This loyal community has spent countless hours competing in millions of races in “winner take all” fashion – all in the name of Turf Wars and pink slips.

However, all good things must come to an end… After spending time evaluating Rivals and its future – we’ve decided that it’s time to move on. Simply put, the revenue generated from Racing Rivals unfortunately no longer covers the cost of operations. This was not an easy decision to make.

On March 31st, 2019 – Rivals will be racing off into the sunset, and will be permanently shut down. Current players have until this date to utilize any accumulated virtual currency. We’ll be offering some massive reductions in the cost of crates, installs and repairs in addition to a reduction on timers as you race your way into the history books. Effective immediately, no new in-app purchases will be permitted.

In closing, a resounding and sincere THANK YOU to our extremely driven fans for your loyalty and dedication over the years – we hope you’ve enjoyed playing Racing Rivals as much as we’ve enjoyed creating it.
Options

Don't you think it's about time we got compensated ??

MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
Turf was a joke from beginning to end

First we can't pinks and crush

Then we can't pinks

Awesome game is back up and then bam supercharge event and the wait kicks in -

Garage loading problems
Takes for ever to tune
Bored of waiting to select a car
Game crashes
In pinks and game kicks u out
Tie races
The list goes on

Then we have some fix in place apparently and bam get hit by light laggers - if u go out of game for 30 secs or switch on aeroplane mode and then back off then the person should be dnf and auto loss.

But the game reconnects and light lag is activated for a high percentage wheel spin or foul.

When was the last time we received anything for the game messing up when we all spend money on it and I'm not talking about a free m2 car that's b class and worth a 100k

It's about time we was given something sweet like a nice bunch of gems at least

No one seems to say anything so if u agree please comment or just let them keep thinking we are happy with the poor service we are receiving

Comments

• Options
    xxdarkninjaxxxxdarkninjaxx Registered Users 184 Posts
    Yup I say 1000gems for everyone is a slight fraction of what all of us deserve! RR can be pos just spent 130 bucks on gems so a reimbursement would be nice for all of the loyal paying customers!!!!
  • Options
    MoneymakeracerMoneymakeracer Registered Users 786 Posts
    Something would be nice for sure - maybe a 1000 gems is a bit extreme but more the better
  • Options
    DecoChugDecoChug Registered Users 531 Posts
    Never mind about 1000 gems...

10,000 Gems! Now that would be more realistic in terms of compensation for what we spend on the game!

We live in hope.

Haha
  • Options
    Big pBig p Registered Users 1,890 Posts
    I remember we all got a z4 as an apology years back! Something like that would be nice.
    Wouldn't cost glu a penny but would speak volumes and show they actually listen to us and care. (Don't hold ya breath though!)
  • Options
    FritzOnFritzOn Registered Users 956 Posts
    Dont.need to give us nothing just fix the problems :) so the game is running smooth . As well would like the price for gems and cash to drop down a little as i find it expensive for excample ; im in Uk for 7.99£ only 600gems? With 30%more gems ? I think its over priced as cars cost min 1k gems for a r-r2 class thats a min 20£ for just a 1 car ..that i can buy from ebay for way less and tuned ..

GLU my opinion is (work hard) (earn more )
  • Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts
    edited January 2016
    Big p said:

I remember we all got a z4 as an apology years back! Something like that would be nice.

Wouldn't cost glu a penny but would speak volumes and show they actually listen to us and care. (Don't hold ya breath though!)

That's not accurate. It costs Glu a pretty penny. Cars are part of a license agreement with manufacturers. They aren't free. Each car sold/given usually has a license fee of some sort that is paid to the manufacturer. Also there is production costs for each car out there. There is prelim art, approvals back and forth between us and the manufacturers, final art, 3d rendering, data programming and more....So no car in our game has no cost attached to it, so yes they actually do cost Glu quite a few pennies.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    edited January 2016

Big p said:

That's not accurate. It costs Glu a pretty penny. Cars are part of a license agreement with manufacturers. They aren't free. Each car sold/given usually has a license fee of some sort that is paid to the manufacturer. Also there is production costs for each car out there. There is prelim art, approvals back and forth between us and the manufacturers, final art, 3d rendering, data programming and more....So no car in our game has no cost attached to it, so yes they actually do cost Glu quite a few pennies.
    Blahblahblah
    Once you pay off the fee you can put millions into the game for free
    Also maybe you would care about the players and not the money just a thought
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    [RR] Ryyst[RR] Ryyst Registered Users, Moderators 3,814 Posts

Big p said:

Blahblahblah
    Once you pay off the fee you can put millions into the game for free
    Also maybe you would care about the players and not the money just a thought
    Yeah, thats not how it works, but I suppose I wouldn't be able to change your mind. I guess that's how your game company works.
    IGN: The Real {RR} Ryyst
    Soon to be Ex-Carbonated Community Manager

• Options
    kingpen126kingpen126 Unregistered / Not Logged In, Registered Users 8,115 Posts
    Wouldnt care maybe just support cars and trades and people will be happy
    IGN:KING OF PENS
    IGN:PAGANI PLAZA - on to the next thing lol

• Options
    youlieyoulie Registered Users 3,798 Posts
    100% agree

@kingpen126